LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

1 minute ago, Pooleman said:

LOL. How long were you guys waiting for the GUNBOAT? I think I saw the thread go back to like 2013 or 2014.

Lol! No kidding.

the problem I have is (besides loving the X-Wing) they are now completely dead from competitive play.

Does anybody understand the ruling on Palpatine and Lightweight Frame, because I don't.

After a ship rolls defense dice and before it resolves the effect of Lightweight Frame to roll an additional defense die, Palpatine can be used on the separate, additional defense die. Note that if Palpatine is used for the initial roll, he cannot affect the separate, additional defense die.

22 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Does anybody understand the ruling on Palpatine and Lightweight Frame, because I don't.

After a ship rolls defense dice and before it resolves the effect of Lightweight Frame to roll an additional defense die, Palpatine can be used on the separate, additional defense die. Note that if Palpatine is used for the initial roll, he cannot affect the separate, additional defense die.

Suppose Pure Sabacc is defending against a 3-dice attack.  Palp can either [be declared before rolling the initial two dice, and then can only modify those two dice], or [you can declare Palp before rolling the Lightweight Fame die, but only modify that one die].

*EDIT* I think my interpretation might be wrong, don't put too much trust in it.

Edited by theBitterFig

Mindlink change is once again lazy and targeted at the wrong thing, since what made it so powerful was the ships (Fenn Rau for one) that were able to take it. Mindlink squads prior to Wave 9 were far more interesting and skill dependant without green hard turns, and now they are dead. A casualty of careless errata.

The change to Biggs, on the other hand, is magnificent, and years overdue. Maybe now he can stop warping the design process for Rebels.

Jumpmaster change is...kind of meh.Thematically bad (since Dengar now can't take his own droid) and though it finally kills the U-Boat completely (by making it nonexistent), I don't think it will do a whole lot to Dengar himself. Remains to be seen.

Genius change is great though, stops the braindead Nym ram-bomb he was capable of before and kills using it with Bomblets, which is again huge. If they knocked Nyms EPT slot off as well, it would have been perfect, but I guess we can't have everything.

The rest seems mostly to be clarity of things that were common sense, though I was surprised to see the 'infini-cloak' of Vizago emerging unscathed. So in summary....better than the last one.

“Genius”

genius_errata_web.png

For much the same reason that Advanced SLAM is being limited, “Genius” is being changed with the goal of both allowing interaction and curtailing some its power.

The new text for “Genius” is: “After you reveal and execute a maneuver, if you did not overlap a ship, you may discard 1 of your equipped [Bomb] Upgrade cards without the “Action:” header to drop the corresponding bomb token.

With this update, a ship equipped with “Genius” can no longer overlap an enemy ship and then bomb it. “Genius” is still quite powerful, but ships equipped with it must be piloted more precisely to be useful, rewarding players who can judge the distance to end a maneuver just short of the enemy rather than simply rushing into them and knowing the effect will work. It also allows the opponent an opportunity to use blocking to strategically prevent a player from dropping a bomb.

DOES THIS MEAN USING GENIUS WITH BOMBLETS REQUIRES YOU TO DISCARD BOMBLETS?

Edited by Boom Owl

Depending on where you look Emperor Palpatine's card text is different. One is the original and another is the corrected text and both different clarifications.  What if I have the original card, and see the second text first while flipping through. Now you'll need a magnifying glass to read the card text on the FAQ and see if there are any changes.

Oh well.