LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

For those wondering about the loss of the droid on the Jumpmaster - it seems logical that the main reason was to limit K4 Security Droid. Without Unhinged, that's a lot fewer moves that trigger it and, crucially, the 3 banks that allow it to clear a large ship base (2-banks won't), so blocking a K4 Jump can reasonably slow down its efficiency now.

Just now, Zazaa said:

I'm sorry if I don't understand, but yes they had before all that, right? Or am I missing something here?

Other than they don't anymore..

I mean in the fiction, which is where FFG usually pulls the data for upgrade slots (unless the fiction doesn't exist yet). Historically, the Jumpmaster 5000 is a scout ship which just has some forward lasers. Dengar's Punishing One was modded for torpedo launchers, a quad turret, an astromech and even an Ion cannon. 

I like most changes in the aspect of gameplay.

Only thing i don't like is bomblet + genius interaction.  Since sabine >>> cad bane, this means a clear scoring for turret Bombers:

Miranda >>> Rebel Nym >>> Scum Nym.

Also, i always dislike changes that make stuff completly worthless in Terms of buying.

Second and third Jumpmaster = worthless isnt a good signal for customers

Just now, Kieransi said:

He means lore-wise. Lore-wise, Dengar added all that stuff to the Punishing One - normal Jumpmasters are scout ships used for mapping hyperspace lanes

Riiiiight! You guys actually made me feel bit better about that then! But I would like to get at least one torp and astromech from Punishing One tittle, lore-wise or no! :)

2 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I mean in the fiction, which is where FFG usually pulls the data for upgrade slots (unless the fiction doesn't exist yet). Historically, the Jumpmaster 5000 is a scout ship which just has some forward lasers. Dengar's Punishing One was modded for torpedo launchers, a quad turret, an astromech and even an Ion cannon. 

I see! 

3 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Riiiiight! You guys actually made me feel bit better about that then! But I would like to get at least one torp and astromech from Punishing One tittle, lore-wise or no! :)

Edge of the Empire core rulebook made me feel better about it too. They have a lot of Jumpmaster lore in there - without torpedoes, it’s actually a pretty common ship. I’m planning on running a campaign when the new reprint of the WEG RPG comes out, including rules for adding in X-Wing to all the flying portions, where the PC’s run into some unfriendly hyperspace mappers and have to fight a whole bunch of two-dice Jumpmasters without any torps or droids!

Edited by Kieransi

I'm not as convinced as everyone else that Biggs is completely dead with this nerf.   In most lists he still presents the exact same problems of target priority, at least early on.   Do I shoot at Biggs to get him off the table or at a higher priority target that I might not kill, giving Biggs a chance to activate next turn?   Obviously it really hits FSR because everyone in that list played off of that ability to keep everyone alive longer.

Edited by AlexW

4 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

I am actually bit entertained by all this, it is actually HUGE bomb for Rebels and Scum, also good news for Imps. 

This FAQ makes me excited to play Rebels. 

With the Biggs Crutch Crippled the faction can finally become something more interesting than Turret + Biggs and Clock Management. 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 minute ago, Jo Jo said:

How is not being able to use it when you have max shields a nerf? 

Previously (based on the precedent from r5p9 and garven), you could use it to ion yourself to get a 1s on a kihraxz or scyk.  I never did it, or thought it was especially good outside of perhaps a rare occasion where telegraphing your next move doesnt' matter, but...