LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ken at Sunrise said:

Except you still have three ships you can use in a game, where the Raider is for Epic.

I would also argue that if someone here bought Raider just because Palpatine, it was very crazy investment, rather just buy the card from eBay, it costs way less, still awfully expensive.

I am eager to see how this JM5K "Thing" will unravel in the future, because now it seems very odd package to buy. All this hassle would have been playing out very differently if Punishing One title would have add one torp and astromech slot, I would have been 100% behind the changes, now I am not. 

Although, fingers crossed for FFG letting us to print cards for tournaments, the official ones! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

You mean overpriced for what he does? You have to have a ride for him too.

Anyway, nobody can´t complain about the nerfs as everybody has been hit. I sill think that the Imperials took the biggest hits with Defenders and Palpatine.

Are you kidding me. They just nerfed an entire ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zazaa said:

I would also argue that if someone here bought Raider just because Palpatine, it was very crazy investment, rather just buy the card from eBay, it costs way less, still awfully expensive.

I am eager to see how this JM5K "Thing" will unravel in the future, because now it seems very odd package to buy. All this hassle would have been playing out very differently if Punishing One title would have add one torp and astromech slot, I would have been 100% behind the changes, now I am not. 

Although, fingers crossed for FFG letting us to print cards for tournaments, the official ones! ;)

If you did that though you did nothing to the current dengar. what they just did takes a lot of early game punishment and mobility off him at the same time. The unusable upgrade bit sucks, but in this case balance trumps it which is a relatively good sign that they were willing to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

You mean overpriced for what he does? You have to have a ride for him too.

Anyway, nobody can´t complain about the nerfs as everybody has been hit. I sill think that the Imperials took the biggest hits with Defenders and Palpatine.

I haven't been playing so much with JM5Ks really, but I see that this had hit very hard for Scum players this time. 

I wouldn't agree with Defenders though, or maybe I have just missed out something here, again. If it is about 4k bump, then I stand behind what I said, it is very good ship at the moment, my opinion though. 

Palp has what two viable ships to fly in, right? Lambda and Batmobile? It's alright I would argue, Batmobile being better option. So let's bring Jabba here, there is only ONE ship that would take that fat beauty in, Hounds tooth, but there is just no points in normal game to build squad around him really. Maybe with Guns For Hire expansion, but just maybe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

If you did that though you did nothing to the current dengar. what they just did takes a lot of early game punishment and mobility off him at the same time. The unusable upgrade bit sucks, but in this case balance trumps it which is a relatively good sign that they were willing to do it.

Okay, they could have limit Punishing One title for Dengar, or something similar. 

I'm sure none of you guys can argue that FFG couldn't do that kind of limitation, now I would say they can do whatever pretty much. I really don't care rest of the pilots, Dengar made me sad now. 

I agree this bringing balance to the game, no doubt of that, but I was hoping something smoother than this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ralgon said:

ooh, citrako cloaking device is now broken as well! Swaping out the cloak disables it

Do you mean broken as in it no longer works or broken as in overpowered?  This ruling definitively says that the combo works.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now it's time to figure out a new Nym build where he won't melt right away but can still deliver.

Rebel Nym will survive better I think, since he was less interested in dropping bombs after getting in close.

Dengar will still be fun, but boy am I mad I have two JM5Ks when I can't field them both anymore, ever. I really think they should have left one torp slot on it, but villagers with torches got to them.

It's a rough time for scum, but they'll find ways to stick around. I'm looking at Dengar + Lancer of some sort maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

Maybe this is the time to go and buy them!! Excellent idea Sir!!! :lol:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled Jumpmasters yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Princess LeidAnEgg said:

History Lesson 3060: And thats when scum became dead.

Scum didn't die here, but took a massive hit to the meta (read balls).. There is still new stuff coming up for us and so on. Life goes on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zazaa said:

Scum didn't die here, but took a massive hit to the meta (read balls).. There is still new stuff coming up for us and so on. Life goes on! 

Yeah, the Most Wanted stuff looks a lot more interesting now that it isn't trying to shoulder into the space occupied by Jumpmasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, schmidty1701 said:

I'm honestly pretty pissed. Now the Havoc title loses half it's value, as there aren't any other Astromechs that REALLY work with Nym, at least, not with Bomblets.

Rebel Nym takes something else - not sure yet but something will come up.

Scum Nym takes Genius anyway just in case of last ditch efforts when you know Nym is going to die soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now