LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

28 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

So the big five:

Mindlink: two per list.

Advanced SLAM: Only actions on the action bar, so no upgrade based actions (example; Vectored Thrusters adds Barrel roll to the action bar, so can be used with ASLAM, but cards like action bombs and Rage can't be triggered).

Jumpmaster Itself: torp slots and salvaged astromech slots gone.

Biggs: His ability happens once per game rather than for every shot.

Genius: Now doesn't work if ionized, or if it bumps. Also requires the bomb to be discarded, meaning using Bomblet generator with Genius would lose you infinite bombs.

Which is nicely elucidated in the article, plus the rationale for all the changes, @Celestial Lizards.

Edited by Darth Meanie
Added a particular person pointer.

22 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

But things will get shaken up for sure and we will see some pretty nasty new lists. :D

I still will miss the jumpmaster 5000 expansion as it basically has been now completely and utterly been nerfed to death. But hey, I got a good year worth of fun out of my mindlink protectorates AND I only switched to them because Imperial Aces was dead. So I guess, it is finally party time again. 

Yeah, I have faith that y'all will be able to break the game again in a new and unexpected way. ;)

The JM5K can join the Phantom on the shelf of ships that are "aren't banned because we want to make sure all components are playable."  Heh.

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 hour ago, admat said:

I think the Biggs nerf is a bit too much. He already was avoidable by selecting a different weapon. Now that he's "once per game", he should have been back to being unavoidable for that turn, at the very least.

Palpatine nerf was a bit too much. As it was justified By "opening up Imperial squad design", this will do the same thing to Rebels.

It is the right thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Probably not as bad as people who bought Raider for Palpatine...

Actually that would be almost pretty equal loss money-wise! Although I still don't think Palpatine was not modified that badly! 

I was probably one of those who saw this coming before I invested my money in three JM5Ks.. Lesson to be learned here, don't buy anything extensively if it seems to be too good to be true! :D

1 minute ago, Zazaa said:

Actually that would be almost pretty equal loss money-wise! Although I still don't think Palpatine was not modified that badly! 

I was probably one of those who saw this coming before I invested my money in three JM5Ks.. Lesson to be learned here, don't buy anything extensively if it seems to be too good to be true! :D

Except you still have three ships you can use in a game, where the Raider is for Epic.

Just now, Zazaa said:

Well at first Palpatine wasn´t a thing, so it hardly seemed too good to be true. And it was over by the time he was nerfed. And he was nerfed to death.

30 minutes ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

That's because it doesn't take effect until the 6th.

You missed the time-sensitive joke. When they posted it originally today, the "Upcoming" FAQ had an Effective Date of July 24th, 2017.

But thanks for playing!

1 minute ago, eagletsi111 said:

Hey I just won a FFG tournament with a Palp Shuttle and Two Punishers.   Palp is still good, just has to be used defensively now, to keep bombs from killing your team.

Yeah, but it´s very hard to win with them. I mean, somebody wins the lottery too, right?

2 minutes ago, Pretty Green said:

Well at first Palpatine wasn´t a thing, so it hardly seemed too good to be true. And it was over by the time he was nerfed. And he was nerfed to death.

I think it was nerfed to be for skillful players. It is still strong card, now you need to predict, before just use when it is convenient.

Now that there will be plenty of secondhand jumpmasters for sale, I'm willing to buy two of them (miniature, dial, cardboard and pilot cards) for up to 10 dollars so that I can play quadruple scouts with adaptability, vizago and guidance chips :lol:

1 minute ago, darthlurker said:

Now that there will be plenty of secondhand jumpmasters for sale, I'm willing to buy two of them (miniature, dial, cardboard and pilot cards) for up to 10 dollars so that I can play quadruple scouts with adaptability, vizago and guidance chips :lol:

triple bumpmaster?

2 minutes ago, Zazaa said:

I think it was nerfed to be for skillful players. It is still strong card, now you need to predict, before just use when it is convenient.

You mean overpriced for what he does? You have to have a ride for him too.

Anyway, nobody can´t complain about the nerfs as everybody has been hit. I sill think that the Imperials took the biggest hits with Defenders and Palpatine.