LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

1 hour ago, GILLIES291 said:

This is the greatest thing ever, and this is coming from a Rebels player. Finally the stupid toilet bowl ships that DOMINATED the meta for years are nerfed down to reasonable.

Genius has been nipped in the butt and that + Advanced slam has given hope back to aces again in a bomb world.

And as much as I liked flying Biggs with my Ghost, the Rebel Jank was too much and really spoiled the game so happy that is done too, and as others have said maybe we will get an X-wing title one day soon? The last remaining pack being a Rouge One Aces to make the lousy and lackluster U-wing and X-Wing not garbage 

So true, every word of it. I play all factions, but mostly Rebels nowadays. The Biggs nerf hurts a bit, but finally the T-65 might get some real help. I mean look at what they did to the Kihraxz. Massive changes with the title, that might now even make it viable after the big 4 or 5 of lists have been nerfed. The T-65 can now have a similar treatment.

And while i enjoyed rebel bomb lists a lot, i am happy because now i might be able to pilot some rebel or imperial aces again and stand a chance!

2 hours ago, LHyoda said:

Posting separate in case anyone wants to read the FAQ without spoilers.

Genius nerf! Jump nerf! BIGGS NERF?!? Maybe my poor imperial build can live a bit more with bombs going crazy. 

Now the effects of bombs that trigger like proximity mine can be avoided by flying far enough past them? Page 23 of the faq says the effects happen after the final position of the ship. 

3 minutes ago, MRCWING said:

Now the effects of bombs that trigger like proximity mine can be avoided by flying far enough past them? Page 23 of the faq says the effects happen after the final position of the ship. 

No.  The effects happen.  The trigger and target of the effects are still the same.

3 minutes ago, MRCWING said:

The only thing you could avoid is Sabine.  You still take the hit from the bomb, as it isn't a range requirement for it. 

2 minutes ago, MRCWING said:

Yes! It popped out there for me too! Actually it is good, because bombs are so OP now.. Not sure if I'm sarcastic or not!

Just now, Jeff Wilder said:

No.  The effects happen.  The trigger and target of the effects are still the same.

It's just that it goes off after you finish your move, so I guess it's for things like Oicunn or detirmining when Deadmans Switch goes off.

On that subject, Deadman Switch going off if you leave the board is hilarious.

2 minutes ago, admat said:

In the Card Clarification section, it still states that the opponent can choose another weapon to avoid attacking Biggs.

Oh, well that sucks.  I guess it's just a function of the timing chart now?

Kinda be nice if FFG would roll back the stupid Deadeye nerf.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

45 minutes ago, defkhan1 said:

This is the best FAQ ever.

Me circa Oct 2016:

On 10/9/2016 at 2:48 PM, kris40k said:

Ban Jumpmasters.

Limit Palpatine to Epic.

Ban Biggs.

Profit

While not as severe as my original ideas, I honestly don't know what I have to complain about anymore

:D

I personally think the JM5K nerf is a bit too much. The title should give the taken upgrade slots back. 1 well kitted-out Dengar is tough but not unbeatable.

The rest is fine... I even like how Biggs' ability became thematic. He took the bullet for his friend when he had to, not all **** times. I'd like to see the coming X-Wing fix finally giving an EPT to him.

Goodbye toilet seats, goobye cheap SLAM-bomb gimmick (still love my K-Wing), goodbye disgusting FSR gimmick. You won't be missed.

well, biggs probably got slammed the absolute hardest. Once per game? Ouch...and he can still be ignored by munitions. Yup, biggs is gone for good.

And am i seeing things, or is there no mention about the Punishing One title adding any icons back? Oooook....so the jm5k lost 2 torps and the mech. 2torps big deal i see Dengar w/o torps all the dang time anyway but no mech? OUCH

So Advanced Sensors Nym can still drop bomblets in a large area....its just restricted to within range of a boost or barrel roll besides 2 turns when it can be done with Genius and Extra Munitions. 

More I think about this......EM still allows you to pull off "unbumped" genius shenanigans 2x a game if you sacrifice bomblets and once if you want to hold on to it. 

So basically Nym can still do Nym things but Nym players will have to use Genius as a resource or use it when going for the kill. 

Nym still punishes players who get close inside of TLT Range, and can still go for the "kill bomb" with Genius at key moments. 

Captain Nym (Scum) — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Twin Laser Turret 6
Extra Munitions 2
Bomblet Generator 3
Advanced Sensors 3
"Genius" 0
Engine Upgrade 4
Havoc 0
Ship Total: 49
Edited by Boom Owl

WOAH, woah, woah. Special Ops Training:

The proper sequence of events when using this card is as follows: if the ship attacks with its primary weapon from its primary firing arc it can choose to roll an additional attack die; if it does not roll an additional attack die, it may perform an attack from its auxiliary firing arc. Therefore, if a ship begins by attacking with its primary weapon from its auxiliary firing arc, it cannot use the effect of Special Ops Training.

Does this mean I can't shoot two dice out the back, and then shoot two dice out the front? What if I really want that focus token for the aft shot, so I want to try that shot first? If I am understanding that correctly, I guess it's not a big deal.