Bradders77

should be an LCG!!

The rule change states the awakenings CP has had the points increase not the 2 player game version. Wont be happy if it is the 2p version as ive only just bought x2 sets of it. From my point of you of being on a tight budget its stupid, how can you put a game out then 2 months later mess it up. As much as I like the game.  This game isn't going to last. Should have been made an LCG. I've litrally just yesterday bought another heat of the battle card also lol!!. These games are just getting over priced. It takes the fun out of it.

Edited by Bradders77

It's a  complete piss take tbh. My mate has also just bought x2 2player boxes. It's still in the post. He hasn't even received it yet and now its illegal. He's on a really tight budget having a family ect. He enjoys the casual side of things but would like to play the odd tournament, as would I.  The only feasible way now is drafting.  I think it's just ruining the game and taking the fun out of it. If it was an LCG, at least they could out source the upgraded cards in due course. I really like the game, but they need to re-think this. So many more people would subscribe to it if it was an LCG, its Starwars!! So. Many would subscribe.  Sorry just really annoyed at spending then it being written off after owning it 2 weeks!!  

As much as I hate the collectible model, I don't think the game would be financially feasible as an LCG.

I'm sympathetic to the cost, especially for those with limited incomes, but I don't think the Phasma points change is the end of the world.  If you still wand double Elite, Bala-tik is a solid character, and can be bought as a single for 79 cents.  Dropping to a 2/1 to pair with Kylo there are a host of interesting options - Death Troopers are close, Veers is a bit of a lesser Phasma, Grievous would pair well with Kylo for melee damage.

It's unfortunate that they screwed up the balance of the 2P box, but there really are a lot of very inexpensive options to replace Phasma with.

I know it's more money but apparently the new boba starter will include 2 dice for boba, 1 of them will give your mate elite boba elite 2player phasma which cud be competitive depending on guns in the starter if not look at building hero they have hardly been touched 

1 hour ago, Bradders77 said:

The rule change states the awakenings CP has had the points increase not the 2 player game version. Wont be happy if it is the 2p version as ive only just bought x2 sets of it. From my point of you of being on a tight budget its stupid, how can you put a game out then 2 months later mess it up. As much as I like the game.  This game isn't going to last. Should have been made an LCG. I've litrally just yesterday bought another heat of the battle card also lol!!. These games are just getting over priced. It takes the fun out of it.

Its the 2P one that is errated. The OP Phasma was bad for her points already.

1 hour ago, Bradders77 said:

As to it should of been put out as a LCG my answer is simple, yes Yes and YESSS. I know I personally would of bought more actual product, about 70+% of what I have are trades or singles that I bought off people and stores, if it had been a 60$ starter with 2 of everythings and the expansions had been 40/45 dollars and had 2 of everythings. 

If I was to guess Id say it was Asmodee and Disneys call to make it a TCG, no FFG. FFG left the collectible market 8 years ago because "we didnt bring anything unique to that market". Now one can argue that the premium dice is unique but other than that what really does this game bring to the CCG market that is different than any other? The answer is nothing. Any other game that Ive seen that uses specific dice/cards/etc for specific models/cards ALWAYS was released as you know exactly what your buying, not a blind random draw. The design of the game screams LCG, the distribution method screams corporate medelling from the Publisher or the Liscence Holder.

If this was any other story based game it would have been an LCG. But the word Starwars just made it a CCG. Generally LCGs are 15 bucks a month, I would pay a bit extra for the dice tbh. As much as I like the game, this model isn't going to be around for long. You just can't produce a game (2player) then pretty much cancel it out weeks after release. People are not going to stick around and put money into it. Am I safe to buy the legacies starters next month or are they going to be useless by January/February too? I just don't think they are being fair to customers.

1 minute ago, Bradders77 said:

You just can't produce a game (2player) then pretty much cancel it out weeks after release.

This is really overly dramatic.

You can still play everything in the box, even with two.  The only difference is you play eKylo/Phasma, or ePhasma/Kylo.  The ONLY thing you can't do any more is play eKylo/ePhasma.  Nothing in the box is useless or doesn't work any more.

This is, in fact, how the initial starters released - eRey/Finn, and eKylo/Stormtrooper.  3 dice builds are very common.  Leaving 2-3 character points unspent is very common.  Nothing in this change ruins the set or cancels it out at all.

3 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

You can still play everything in the box, even with two.  The only difference is you play eKylo/Phasma, or ePhasma/Kylo.  The ONLY thing you can't do any more is play eKylo/ePhasma.  Nothing in the box is useless or doesn't work any more.

This is, in fact, how the initial starters released - eRey/Finn, and eKylo/Stormtrooper.  3 dice builds are very common.  Leaving 2-3 character points unspent is very common.  Nothing in this change ruins the set or cancels it out at all.

Gonna back this up by saying that Kylo’s dice aren’t that good compared to his health-per-cost ratio, and his ability doesn’t require his dice. I think that ePhasma/Kylo/(some great plot card) is going to be even better than ePhasma/eKylo.

3 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

Fair one dude. Just angry at spending then the whole timing of it.  seeing a mate struggle ect. Would have been more affordable as an LCG. 

Just now, Bradders77 said:

Fair one dude. Just angry at spending then the whole timing of it.  seeing a mate struggle ect. Would have been more affordable as an LCG. 

It would, but I'll reiterate what I said above: I don't believe this game would be financially viable as an LCG.  The production costs for the dice would just be too much if they weren't vacuuming the cash out of our wallets with the collectible model.

So the choice isn't really between a CCG and an LCG, it's between a CCG and nothing ever.

I'll also say that this is probably a GOOD thing for people trying to play the game on a budget.  Most of the Tier 1 competitive decks used a lot of legendaries and were very expensive because of it.  Still remains to be seen where the meta falls out, but there's a good chance we'll see more rares ascending to viable competitiveness.  With those rares running $1-5 each, you could probably put together a crafted deck for a pretty similar cost to the double 2P starters.

8 minutes ago, Bradders77 said:

I agree. The thing is...  there already is an FFG Star Wars LCG... I’ve been meaning to try that one out. It’s the only FFG Star Wars game I don’t play yet!

Lol rant over and calmed down ? Yeah, where do you start though lol it's been running a while now. Was thinking about L5r but the games quite long for a card game 90 mins? I am new to card games.  I like the look of net runner but wouldn't know where to start with that either.

4 minutes ago, Bradders77 said:

Lol rant over and calmed down ? Yeah, where do you start though lol it's been running a while now. Was thinking about L5r but the games quite long for a card game 90 mins? I am new to card games.  I like the look of net runner but wouldn't know where to start with that either.

This is actually the dirty secret of the LCG model.  It's GREAT if you're an active completionist player who's keeping up with everything.  But after a while, it becomes very painful for new players to get in.  I play LOTR as well, and had a friend interested.  He designed a deck online, and turns out it was almost $300 to buy the packs needed for it.  And since there was no secondary market with an LCG, that was pretty much that.

4 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

FFG are clowns, this just goes to show how piss poor the playtesting is. Destiny is the X-wing of card games

There's no doubt their playtesting has been poor, but at the very least they're demonstrating an aggressive willingness to fix it that they've never shown for X-wing.  Hopefully the willingness to fix it will be accompanied by a willingness to keep it from being broken in the first place.

No their playtesting has not been poor nor are they clowns. Contrary to the opinion of some the higher the card count in a game the harder it is to catch every possible combination. A couple of cards slipped through and it turns out needed to be trimmed back. It happens in every card game no matter the publisher. 

21 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

Yeah, I can see the combos they missed.  "FN and literally anyone" was definitely a fringe corner case.

Nines only had a small number of power pairings, it was the continually upgrades weapons suite that made him as obnoxiously powerful as he was. Especially with the flood of quality 2 cost weaponry introduced with EAW and 2P box (LL-30, X-8, ancient lightsaber, electrostaff, and crossguard lightsaber). At his original 13 points for elite, his pairing with 2P Kylo was an obvious choice because it gave him a potent, hard to ignore partner with 12 health, solid dice, and allowed access to some of the best removal in the game. He could have paired with Cad Bane, but Bane wants those weapons as badly as FN, which is why you didn’t see them as a power pairing. You didn’t see him paired with too much else other than eUnkar+Nightsister, eVader2, or eJango in SoR or eKylo2 after the 2P box for a reason.

if you didn’t present a juicier or more potent target, Nines often died before he did what he used to do best. And that, again, fell more to the quality of weapons in SoR, 2P, and EAW.

3 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

and Poe , don't forget Poe

I’m actually shocked that one didn’t get hit after SWCO, as Lukas himself was running it there at the demo table in all its broken glory. Glad that’s stamped out for good.