rafcpl6868

Sabine's Tie Defender Confirmed:

136 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, wurms said:

Boost or barrel roll before doing a maneuver, in a defender!!!

Wrentensity

It's like you took an x7 and D and just sandwiched them together 

Only you don't have to go speed 3+ for your free evade 

8 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Why stop there? Give it a crew slot to. Maybe access to illicits. Throw in an astromech for good measure. Give Sabine a stardestroyer to, she probably looked at one at some point...

They're also kind of expensive.  Maybe Sabine's TIE Defender should knock off 20-30 points.

Well looking at FFG development History, it’ll be a Rebel/Scum release.  It’ll be 5 points cheaper, add 2 damage to the bombs it gets to drop, and you’re not allowed to fire at it until you’ve killed Kanan, Rex, and Biggs. But if you don’t fire at Sabine, you’re at -2 dice. 

Oh, and a Rebel/Scum only upgrade that is for Tie Fighters only and lets them generate a free evade or focus each turn. 

JJ48, Dasharr, Arma Quattro and 2 others like this

4 minutes ago, Lobokai said:

Well looking at FFG development History, it’ll be a Rebel/Scum release.  It’ll be 5 points cheaper, add 2 damage to the bombs it gets to drop, and you’re not allowed to fire at it until you’ve killed Kanan, Rex, and Biggs. But if you don’t fire at Sabine, you’re at -2 dice. 

Oh, and a Rebel/Scum only upgrade that is for Tie Fighters only and lets them generate a free evade or focus each turn

You mean I have to choose?  Why not let us have both?  Why does FFG clearly hate Rebel/Scum so?!

6 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If FFG releases any more rebel scum TIEs "because Sabine" I'm done for good. 

Well, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with Captured TIE. They should have let it open and follow the long tradition of Rebels stealing all TIEs.

Hawkbat TIE/IN when?

JJ48 likes this

Just now, UnitOmega said:

Well, they kind of shot themselves in the foot with Captured TIE. They should have let it open and follow the long tradition of Rebels stealing all TIEs.

Hawkbat TIE/IN when?

And adding crew and illicit slots to all TIEs.  Also, they are unshootable.

I get the complaints, but hear me out:

The Empire is underpowered, right? Meta trackers, conversations with experts, just trying to play games yourself, it’s pretty easy to see that the Empire is weak.

Why? We can talk about the devs having a massive hard on for Scum (probably correct) or the Palp and Phantom nerfs being too heavy-handed (also probably true), or Rebels being Sabine-crazy (definitely true), but one reason that makes even more sense to me is that the Empire is missing out on a lot of new cards. Look how many ships/cards are Scum/Rebel only - look how many ships have both Rebel and Scum cards. Also, look at Illicit upgrades - only Rebel and Scum have access to those. 

We need more Imperial/Scum ships and Imperial/Rebel ships. The ARC-170 should have been Imperial/Rebel. The Ark Angel and the Skipray Blastboat are both options for ships that could be Imperial/Scum. Granted, any cards Sabine brought to the Defender might not help the Imperials, but the more cross-faction ships, the greater chance the Empire can get some help. 

........I really was afraid of this. Just because Sabine goes near a ship on rebels does not mean the entire faction should get an iconic ship from the Imperials. 

The Rebel Tie Fighter is one of my least favorite ships in the game purely because it unnecessarily messes with the visual language of the faction and offers an out right better version of the Tie Fighter to the Rebels.  I don't want Imperials to get any Rebel Ships either. I am actually in the camp that I dont even want to see the YT-1300 available to Scum. If Han some day gets a Scum card it should be in a different ship. For me I feel like some things just need to be kept as faction defining pieces. Swaps are fun to think about but really take away from the feeling a faction provides. Rebel players should feel jealous when seeing the Tie Defender or Tie Fighter across from them. Just like Imperial players should feel jealous about seeing X-Wings. 

If you want one then quit that Biggs protected faction and join the Empire! 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 hour ago, Dwing said:

Why stop there? Give it a crew slot to. Maybe access to illicits. Throw in an astromech for good measure. Give Sabine a stardestroyer to, she probably looked at one at some point...

Deployable from the ghost as well. Whenever you have the titles equipped the ghost gets corresponding Tie D or x7 ability except cannon is replaced with turret and the cost restriction is increased from 3 to 6

It’s fine; I didn’t buy that bas****ized TIE/LN and I’d never buy this trash if they make it. That’s the great thing about free will man. 

Oh, and @Darth Meanie is correct about cheese, and a great many other things...wine for instance.

So relax, and stay away from those new bottles of whine 😉

Rat of Vengence likes this

Sabine was flying a Lambda too...

This gal is the lames character in cartoon history. Even Superman had his kryptonite.

46 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

........I really was afraid of this.

Just because Sabine goes near a ship on rebels does not mean the entire faction should get an iconic ship from the Imperials. 

The Rebel Tie Fighter is one of my least favorite ships in the game purely because it unnecessarily messes with the visual language of the faction and offers an out right better version of the Tie Fighter to the Rebels. 

I don't want Imperials to get any Rebel Ships either. 

I am actually in the camp that I dont even want to see the YT-1300 available to Scum. 

If Han some day gets a Scum card it should be in a different ship. 

For me I feel like some things just need to be kept as faction defining pieces. 

Swaps are fun to think about but really take away from the feeling a faction provides. 

Rebel players should feel jealous when seeing the Tie Defender across from them. 

If you want one then quit that Biggs protected Turret infested faction and join the Empire! 

Yeah.  Cross-faction ships are something that work reasonably well in a movie or book as part of a narrative, but they're not all that great in a game where there is no narrative.

Punning Pundit likes this

2 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Hawkbat TIE/IN when?

Well, that's just it.  The Rebels have probably stolen 1 of every ship ever made.

What would peeve me is that this ship got treatment before Shuttle Tydirium and Rogue One.  Those ships need to be in the game!

40 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah.  Cross-faction ships are something that work reasonably well in a movie or book as part of a narrative, but they're not all that great in a game where there is no narrative.

There's no narrative when you play litterbox and rocks.

People are creating narrative with this game all the time.  FFG doesn't officially work on it, however.  In fact, they said in the last interview that they only have time to make ships, so for the rest of it we are on our own, hence the temporary explosion of alternate play threads.

What helps, and what FFG can do (since they said it is the only thing they will do), is make the ships official.  Then, the community has a defined framework for the ship.  So, if players want to create narrative, there is one official Shuttle Tydirium instead of four score "this is my take on Shuttle Tydirium."

And if they don't want to have it mess with the tournament scene, slap an Epic Icon on it.

Lastly, when people complain that the T-65 needs to be better because it's the game's namesake. . .well, it's because they want what little narrative 100/6 can offer.

Edited by Darth Meanie