Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

31 minutes ago, Mikeyfett7 said:

I'll take those to mean that I should definitely go ahead. @Edgehawk, do you want to catch a ride on the same speeder, or do you have something else in mind? Just checking before I (attempt to) dash off.

We may as well stick together, lead them away from Armatta. Checks involved to requisition a speeder? @Rabobankrider

@Edgehawk,  average skulduggery or mechanics check will allow you to get it running. Speeders and speeder bikes are at short range, so it would be 2 manoeuvres (one to get there, one to mount up) and to hotwire it would be the action. 

As per the Endless Vigil book, Carth can help you

@Von3679, if you are heading into the diner you'd probably have seen enough of Zoroku to see through the disguise (also for ease of regrouping the party). If you're trying to scout the place out first through the windows etc, it will be an average perception with a boost. 

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk,  average skulduggery or mechanics check will allow you to get it running. Speeders and speeder bikes are at short range, so it would be 2 manoeuvres (one to get there, one to mount up) and to hotwire it would be the action. 

As per the Endless Vigil book, Carth can help you

With regard to the bolded section, it was Armatta who was hoping that Carth Onasi would be able to help her escape in the crowd (since he knows her) while Silun and Andja make a more flamboyant escape via grand theft speeder bike (and probable associated speeder chase).

Those Coruscanti police officers who are approaching: have they recognised Armatta and/or the others, or are they suspicious of their sudden appearance (the equivalent of seeing someone burst out of an emergency exit or similar)?

ETA

If necessary, Armatta will also "space hotwire" a speeder and try to take off with Carth in the opposite direction from the others. (If she knows that Carth is a trained pilot, then she might get him to actually pilot it. "I'm an engineer, not a pilot!")

Edited by Bellona

@Von3679, you spot both Zoroku and his companion with relative ease. I'll say with the advantage you can see through the disguise to an extent to see their true identity. 

@Bellona, although he was introduced to Zoroku as a pilot, I don't believe that Armatta has that info. If you want he can certainly try to help escape into the crowd. I'll say an average cool check will reveal what it is that has attracted the police. 

@Mikeyfett7 you can take 2 strain to take an action as well as 2 manoeuvres. 

I should have said as well that if you are going to try to run/ride away, I will need a vigilance check for imitative from all three of you please. @Edgehawk you check will still count for your turn if you want, and @Bellona you can still try to get Karth to help. 

Armatta's Initiative ...

Vigilance for Initiative: 3eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-s.pnga--.pnga-a-a.png

Find out what attracted the police attention ...

Why're they looking at me?: 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a--.pnga--.pngd--.pngd-th.png

Result: "I got nothing" but +1 Strain, leaving Armatta at 1/16 Strain suffered.

Any particular check needed to make contact with Carth Onasi, or to duck into the crowd and get to where he currently is? Are there any parked speeders where he is?

7 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Mikeyfett7 you can take 2 strain to take an action as well as 2 manoeuvres. 

Are there any actions I can take that will let me actually take off? From what I was reading, none of the vehicle actions actually include movement.

9 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I should have said as well that if you are going to try to run/ride away, I will need a vigilance check for imitative from all three of you please. @Edgehawk you check will still count for your turn if you want, and @Bellona you can still try to get Karth to help. 

Here is my vigilance check, and I will suffer one strain to gain an extra success from Rapid Reaction.

Initiative Vigilance check: 2eA+1eP 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.pnga-s.pngp-s-s.png

That comes out to 4 successes, 2 advantage.

Police Initiative Check: 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-a.pnga-s.png Ok you all are sharper than the officers, and are able to act before they reach you. This was primarily to see if you would have to try resisting arrest, but you've beaten them to it. 

@Edgehawk, you are able to get a speeder with two seats up and running, with the boost I'll say it's a pretty inconspicuous vehicle, making it harder to spot if someone comes looking for it. 

@Mikeyfett7, moving the vehicle is a maneuver, but I usually say you can use an action slot for a manoeuvre. So for 2 strain you can reach the vehicle, mount up and take off at speed 1. 

@Bellona, as all they've done pretty much is shout 'oi!', Armatta would struggle to know what they have planned. I'll say that Carth is very close as he's made his way throught he crowd (within your range), and there are also speeders at short range, as they were for the others. If you want to try and take one it will be an average skulduggery or mechanics, but as Carth is there all checks receive 2 advantage to them. 

6 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok you all are sharper than the officers, and are able to act before they reach you. This was primarily to see if you would have to try resisting arrest, but you've beaten them to it. 

@Edgehawk, you are able to get a speeder with two seats up and running, with the boost I'll say it's a pretty inconspicuous vehicle, making it harder to spot if someone comes looking for it. 

@Mikeyfett7, moving the vehicle is a maneuver, but I usually say you can use an action slot for a manoeuvre. So for 2 strain you can reach the vehicle, mount up and take off at speed 1. 

@Bellona, as all they've done pretty much is shout 'oi!', Armatta would struggle to know what they have planned. I'll say that Carth is very close as he's made his way throught he crowd (within your range), and there are also speeders at short range, as they were for the others. If you want to try and take one it will be an average skulduggery or mechanics, but as Carth is there all checks receive 2 advantage to them. 

Then Armatta will try to catch Carth's eye and lead him to one of the speeders, then "hotwire" it and take off with him.

If Carth is fast enough (Initiative-wise) and willing to use his action for piloting, then Armatta can use her action for hotwiring.

Manoeuvre: move to speeder.

Manoeuvre: get into/Engage with speeder (assuming that it's an open "convertible/cabriolet" design), +2 Strain.

Incidental: get personalised tool kit from backpack (Quick Draw talent).

Hotwire a speeder (Mechanics, own tool kit, Manipulate power): 3eP+2eF+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp--.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

Final result (adding +1 Advantage from own tool kit, +2 Advantage from Carth, using 2 LS pips from Manipulate): 2 successes, 2 advantages, and my choice of 2 more successes/advantages

I (the player) am hesitating over how to use the 2 LS pips. Which would be most optimal: using them as extra Successes (for speedier hotwiring if necessary) or extra Advantages (bringing the Advantage count from 2 to 4), or splitting them between the two (+1 Success and +1 Advantage)?

Edited by Bellona

17 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Excellent, I will go with that then. I'll post in the IC now.

Edited by Mikeyfett7

@Bellona, as Carth is primarily acting as an assist to Armatta, he will follow immediately after you initiative check. He will be able to pilot the speeder away with you as a passenger at speed 1. In terms of advantage/success as you made a clean escape it honestly won't make a huge difference at this point. I'd probably recommend an advantage if you have any ideas for the use of it. When you're ready you can make an ic post and I will sort one in response for Carth. 

@Mikeyfett7 and @Edgehawk, you have made good your escape! Where do you want to head to?

Also as a quick note, unfortunately theft (well intentioned or not) will add conflict to the character, I will be tallying this on the 1st page of the ooc thread. 

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Bellona, as Carth is primarily acting as an assist to Armatta, he will follow immediately after you initiative check. He will be able to pilot the speeder away with you as a passenger at speed 1. In terms of advantage/success as you made a clean escape it honestly won't make a huge difference at this point. I'd probably recommend an advantage if you have any ideas for the use of it. When you're ready you can make an ic post and I will sort one in response for Carth. 

Then I'll use both LS pips as Advantages (for a total of 4 Advantages). 

3 Advantages = reduce Armatta's Strain by 3 (to 0/16)

1 Advantage = +1 Boost to Carth's next check (probably Piloting [Planetary])

And I'll make the IC post.

ETA: IC post done.

And the conflict is noted.

Edited by Bellona
Status update for IC post.