Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

@Shlambate, if you want to use coercion it would have to be more forceful, however if you do follow the line you suggested, you will get a boost (or more depending on how well Zoroku does with it), coercion can also be used on his men if you want, in which case it'd be your coercion vs his leadership to get his men to stand down.

Admiralty Combat: 

1.  Senate Guard 1: 5 soak, 7/14 wounds
  2. Saul Karath: 3 soak, -/- wounds, -/- strain, adversary 2
  3. @Bellona medium range of Carth
  4. @SithArissa medium range of Carth
  5. Senate Guard 2: 5 soak, 13/14 wounds
  6. Senate Guard 3: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds
  7. Senate Guard 4: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds
  8. @Sincereagape medium range of Carth
  9. Carth's Squad: 3 soak, 25/25 wounds
  10. Senate Guard 5: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds
  11. @Von3679 extreme range of the admiralty building
  12. @Edgehawk medium range of Carth
  13. @Shlambate medium range of Carth
  14. Carth Onasi, 3 soak, -/- wounds, -/- strain, adversary 3

@Shlambate, the statement as you put it would be negotiation, added threats or implications would make it coercion, if you tried to appeal to something on a personal level with Carth then that would be charm. 

@Rabobankrider What would be the difficulty with that Negotiation? I know I get boosts for the statement below but you didn't say what difficulty the check was.

“We are only here to apprehend the Admiral For trial as the senate gave us the right and the duty to investigate this issue. You wouldn’t want to get in the way of the senate and its justice would you?”

Also could you tell me what the difficulty of this statement is, that will help me decide and move us along. I believe this is more coercion.

“Step Aside Soldier, you are currently helping the Admiral in resisting a Lawful arrest by the Jedi Order, an Arrest Sanctioned by the Senate after they gave us the task of investigation, further resistance will be seen as Contempt of the Galactic Senate, a Crime. Step aside or the Senate will decide your Fate."

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

“Step Aside Soldier, you are currently helping the Admiral in resisting a Lawful arrest by the Jedi Order, an Arrest Sanctioned by the Senate after they gave us the task of investigation, further resistance will be seen as Contempt of the Galactic Senate, a Crime. Step aside or the Senate will decide your Fate."

OOC question - in part due to the fact that just after Armatta had arrived on planet she was just shuffled into the group of Jedi sent to arrest the admiral - who in the Senate sent/authorised the Jedi to arrest the admiral, seeing as he apparently has some Senate guards defending him in his office? (I'm presuming that the characters in the corridor can see them, now that the door has been opened by Kai-wan.)

Edited by Bellona

Admiralty Combat: 

1.  Senate Guard 1: 5 soak, 7/14 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan
  3. @Bellona medium range of Carth, boost dice for next check.
  5. Senate Guard 2: 5 soak, 13/14 wounds, engaged range with Karath
  6. Senate Guard 3: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan
  7. Senate Guard 4: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan
  9. Carth's Squad: 3 soak, 4/5 men, 20/25 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan
  12. @Edgehawk short range of Karath
  14. Carth Onasi, 3 soak, -/- wounds, -/- strain, adversary 3, engaged range with Carh's Squad

Ok @Bellona, you are up!

Edited by Rabobankrider

@Rabobankrider

How crowded is the path through the door into Karath's office?

I'm considering having Armatta try a Force-enhanced Athletics check to tumble through the doorway and into Engaged range with Karath (who, if I understand correctly, has only one Senate Guard defending him now).

If that's not advisable, then Armatta will instead try to defend Carth from his traitorous fellows. He has obviously seen the light - plus he could be a good source of intelligence on Karath's recent doings.

@Bellona, the path to the office is semi-clear as Carth is trying to hold them back, but there are senate guards 1, 3, 4 and five in the doorway which would block the way to Karath. I will allow a vs athletics check to try and shove your way past with a difficulty of 3eD+1eS, but that is going to be an action unfortunately. 

14 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Bellona, the path to the office is semi-clear as Carth is trying to hold them back, but there are senate guards 1, 3, 4 and five in the doorway which would block the way to Karath. I will allow a vs athletics check to try and shove your way past with a difficulty of 3eD+1eS, but that is going to be an action unfortunately. 

Thank you for that information.

Seeing as Armatta is not that good with a lightsabre (or fighting in general) yet, I don't think that she should try to muscle her way past four Senate Guards in order to face - on her own - one more plus the admiral himself. Instead, she'll try to keep Carth Onasi alive (and help Kai-Wan).

Armatta uses two manoeuvres to move from Medium range to Short/Engaged with Carth's former squad (suffering 2 Strain for the second manoeuvre), then makes a training lightsabre attack on one of the minions (while trying to use Flow in order to regain some Strain) ...

Train. LSa vs. Onasi's former minions, plus Flow power: 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+2eF 2 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Dark Side
p-a-a.pnga-s-s.pngb--.pngd-th.pngd--.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

... Stun damage is 8 Stun damage (6 base + 2 Successes) - 3 Soak = 5 "Wounds", reducing Carth's former squad group to 3/5 men and 15/25 wounds. No Strain recovered from Flow, but 1 Advantage used to recover 1 Strain.

And she'll try to do some Charm (in a diplomatic manner) to start talking the squad out of continuing their attack. I suspect that Armatta can't do that as an incidental, so I'll just chalk it up to "narrative" speech during combat unless I'm informed otherwise.

I'll start working on the IC post now ...

ETA: And the IC is done.

@SithArissa You're up! :) 

Edited by Bellona
Update on IC post status.

@Bellona, with them being in combat and with their current loyalty, getting the soldiers to stand down is going to be tricky. It's currently going to be a daunting check with 2 setback. I'm also going to flip a dp (because I have them and may as well) to upgrade the check. 

Admiralty Combat: 

3. @Bellona medium range of Carth, boost dice for next check.
  6. Senate Guard 3: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds, 1 defence, engaged range with Kai-wan
  7. Senate Guard 4: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds, engaged range with Armatta
  9. Carth's Squad: 3 soak, 3/5 men, 15/25 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan
  12. @Edgehawk short range of Karath
  14. Carth Onasi, 3 soak, -/- wounds, -/- strain, adversary 3, engaged range with Carh's Squad

@Sincereagape, you are up!

Admiralty Combat: 

3. @Bellona engaged range of Carth's squad
  6. Senate Guard 3: 5 soak, 4/14 wounds, 1 defence, engaged range with Kai-wan
  7. Senate Guard 4: 5 soak, 8/14 wounds, engaged range with Armatta
  8. @Sincereagape engaged range of Senate Guard 4
  9. Carth's Squad: 3 soak, 3/5 men, 15/25 wounds, engaged range with Kai-wan, upgraded difficulty next check
  10. Senate Guard 5: 5 soak, 14/14 wounds, engaged range of Jemech, upgraded difficulty next check
  12. @Edgehawk short range of Karath, 1 setback dice on next check
  14. Carth Onasi, 3 soak, 17/18 wounds, -/- strain, adversary 3, engaged range with Carth's Squad

@Sincereagape, to keep things moving I'm going to have to take Jemech's turn to keep things moving. 

@Von3679, if you are still with us you are up. Failing that @Edgehawk you will be up next. 

Edited by Rabobankrider

Currently the corridor is dominated by Carth fighting his squad on one side, and on the other Amartta and Jemech facing two senate guards. Behind them in the entrance of the room you have Kai facing two senate guard (one of them just pushed back), behind that near their desk is Karath and his final guard, and outside of the window is Zalen. 

Normally you would have to fight your way through the corridor, but something like force leap would let you bypass them, or as an action a hard athletics or acrobatics with a setback will let you dodge/muscle your way past the fighting into the doorway of the office (where Kai is). To reach Karath you would need a third movement, so probably would not be able to reach him this turn.