Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

@Rabobankrider

Back from my brief hiatus of a week.  If it is alright.  I'm going to have Jemech see  Armatta, his friend from the outer rim, and follow suit.  Helping her make an arrest and also acting as a shield.  Using the same difficulty you provided to @Bellona Athletics check + Avg Dff + 1 Setback.  Using Enhance Power.

Athletics check to get to admiraity bldg.: 3eA+2eD+1eS+2eF 1 success, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
a-s-a.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.pngs-th.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.png

Made it.  Going to post the results IC to keep the game moving.  Using the 1LS point as a free maneuver to get within the same range as Armatta (Engaged).  If there are any changes/rulings you want to incorporate or veto the IC post, I"ll make the proper adjustments.

Thanks for being patient. 

Edited by Sincereagape

Admiralty Combat: 

1. @Bellona engaged range of admiralty entrance. 
  2. @SithArissa medium range of defence team.
  3. @Sincereagape
  4. Corouscant Law Enforcement: 4 soak, 30/30 wounds, 5/5 men
  5. Naval Security 1: 3 soak, 16/25 wounds, 4/5 men
  6. Naval Security 2: 3 soak, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men, 1 setback
  7. @Edgehawk  (2nd round) 1s
  8. @Shlambate engaged range of Naval Security 2.

@Sincereagape, welcome back! Everything looks fine to me, if you want to take the two strain you can try to open the door with an average lightsaber check (which will effect the time it'll take to cut), or a hard skulduggery check.

Unfortunately @Von3679 has been forced to drop out due to their schedule, so I will be writing Zalen out of the campaign for future use.  

@vandarl, assuming you still want to play I need you to roll initiative.

@Edgehawk, you are up. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:29 AM, Rabobankrider said:

Also @Bellona, if you chose to, you could take 2 strain to try and start getting the door to the building open. An average lightsaber check with a setback will determine how long it will take for you to cut through it. Alternatively a hard skulduggery check could try to unlock the door.  

I assumed that you meant that Armatta can do that on her next round, or can she start to do something about the door on the same round that she used two manoeuvres to get to it, maybe together with Jemech (assisted check or something)?

Edited by Bellona

@Rabobankrider

Armatta uses the training lightsabre to Reflect away some of the damage: 13 damage - 3 for her Reflect - 5 for her Soak = 5 Wounds damage total.

(Referring to the game mechanics spoiler in the IC post) ... Errr, there was only 1 Threat on Naval Security 1's roll against Armatta, so how do they cause her to drop the lightsabre (3 Advantages or 1 Triumph)?

On the other hand, they didn't get that Boost from Coruscant Law Enforcement's Advantages.

Edited by Bellona

Admiralty Combat: 

3. @Sincereagape
  4. Corouscant Law Enforcement: 4 soak, 30/30 wounds, 5/5 men
  5. Naval Security 1: 3 soak, 16/25 wounds, 4/5 men
  6. Naval Security 2: 3 soak, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men, 1 setback, 1 upgrade to difficulty 
  7. @Edgehawk  (2nd round) 1s
  8. @Shlambate engaged range of Naval Security 2.

Sorry, it was pretty late at the time I wrote this. Instead it'll just be 1 strain. I've updated the post in the ic accordingly.  

@Sincereagape, that'll get the door open, sure!

Armatta's master (based in the Outer Rim) sat out the war and therefore Armatta did too because she was too young to do anything else at the time. However, her master didn't object to other Jedi joining Revan (her master was neutral between Coruscant Temple non-interventionists and the Revanchists) and was still willing to talk/work with them on other things, which is why Armatta knows Jemech.

As for Kai-Wan's connection with Jemech ... *shrugs* ... you'll have to ask them. :)

I put her age at 25, but maybe it should be closer to 20.

My original idea was that Armatta would be close to being knighted age-wise (I can't remember if Knighthood Trials were officially a part of the Jedi path in this era or not).

Edited by Bellona

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

well Oola's master turned Evil and Kai-Wan is her robot so they are connencted to the War in that way, I am not sure if Oola went. but if they did that would be most of the party I think

How old is Armatta?

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa. Thats a matter of perspective.

Jemech and Kai-Wan used to be the "Tag-Team Champions of the World" when both of them were touring the underground fighting arena circuits.  They defeated Bendak StarKiller and Twitch to gain the titles.

Their most famous match was a tag-team turmoil bought between Jemech/Kai Wan and Mandalore the Ultimate/Cassus Fett.   Kai-Wan and Jemech were victorious but the "Evil Mandalorians" protested and the match was never broadcasted on universal television.  Overtime, like all good tag-teams Kai-Wan and Jemech split as a team.  But on friendly terms.  

Is anyone else tempted to "Slice and Dice" the security forces?  I'm probably not going to do it, but the thought is tempting. :) 

Admiralty Combat: 

3. @Sincereagape
  4. @vandarl
  5. Corouscant Law Enforcement: 4 soak, 30/30 wounds, 5/5 men
  6. @Von3679
  7. Naval Security 1: 3 soak, 16/25 wounds, 4/5 men
  8. Naval Security 2: 3 soak, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men, 1 setback, 1 upgrade to difficulty 
  9. @Edgehawk  (2nd round) 1s
  10. @Shlambate engaged range of Naval Security 2.

Ok, as @Von3679 is back I'm going to edit my ic post. @Von3679, feel free to take your turn now. @Shlambate, you are also up at this point.

@vandarl you have been added to the initiative! You can introduce your character to the ic thread whenever ready, but your actual combat turn will be next round. :) I do still need that backstory finished though. 

Edited by Rabobankrider

29 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Using just the lightsaber, probably not no. Using the force or some other creative methods could do it though (this is why some jedi took training lightsabers).

There is no way to increase difficulty to not aim for kills? Like penalize myself in that way instead?