Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

@Tramp Graphics, so I came back on here by chance to check some stuff before bed, and imagine my surprise when I saw your ic post. Imagine my surprise that I read it over, and found that despite what I told you OVER A YEAR AGO, that you are still insisting that your ******* character went on their crystal quest without any ******* training. I've even wasted my time going back to dig out the quotes from the previous conversation:

you guys have ALL spent enough time in the temple to considered eligible for this test. Th reason we did not rp any of the training before hand is because frankly it'd be boring as **** to rp kids meditating and reflecting blaster shots all day. This is the first exciting mission an initiate would take part in. You did not join the order the day before this. 

the Jedi would not send you if: a) you had NO training, b) if you only skill was sword fighting and you'd never meditated. Please accept you WOULD have had mediated numerous times to earn the right to be here, and please edit your post so you don't have the sword with you as Vrook WOULD have stopped you, and honestly I do not want to go back and edit everything because of that.

He would however, have meditated on multiple occasions, most likely daily since he joined. There is no way around this point. If he hadn't, or had refused to, he wouldn't be here today. 

play it how you want, but your character can meditate, and does meditate, and has no gear in here. 

What, did you think I wouldn't notice, or that I would forget? I don't know if you don't read what I write or simply thrive on conflict and actively ignoring what I say, but I am so ******* done with it. 

Now this may seem like something small, but this is the straw that will break the camels ******* back. I have given you too many warnings, I have tried to keep things respectful by pm'ing you warnings over your litany of problems (which I can happily list if you want), but clearly this has not worked. So now I am doing this here: You have until 8:00 pm UTC to edit your post to represent my rulings from back at the beginning of the game. Faliure to do so will result in you being banned from this game, and the other two I run. I will also be abandoning the Jedi Star game, and I am also going to need some kind of assurance that things are going to change. I'm not doing this again with you. 

It is stuff like this which causes me to consider swearing off gm'ing these kind of games. I have tried to be welcoming to everyone who takes parts in my games, I've tried to work with everyone, but you are either unwilling or unable to compromise or cooperate. Despite this, for whatever reason, I would still like to keep you in these games. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, and I really do wish there was another way to go about this, but nothing else has worked. If you are going to remain in these games, you need to do a serious overhaul of your playstyle, and general attitude to the games. I hope you sort this, but if not, then I will be following through this time. 

Edited by Rabobankrider

@Tramp Graphics, you have had more than the allotted time to fix the problems I listed, and you have failed to do so, despite being online. For this; along with the previous reasons I've listed in the past, your time in the games that I am running is over. I will be npc'ing your characters until they can be removed at an appropriate juncture. I hope that you find games that suite your attitude and game style, but I'm afraid it will not be in anything I run. 

Unfortunately it also seems that @Beto666 has gone inactive, so we are down two players.

14 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics, you have had more than the allotted time to fix the problems I listed, and you have failed to do so, despite being online. For this; along with the previous reasons I've listed in the past, your time in the games that I am running is over. I will be npc'ing your characters until they can be removed at an appropriate juncture. I hope that you find games that suite your attitude and game style, but I'm afraid it will not be in anything I run. 

Unfortunately it also seems that @Beto666 has gone inactive, so we are down two players.

I did make the change you requested. I removed the part about not being trained before the crystal quest. How much more did you want changed? 

Edited by Tramp Graphics

26 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics, if you read the rest of my post, you will see what else I was asking for. The fact you failed to follow all of the instructions effectively highlights the problem. Sorry dude, but until something changes as I've told you, this is it. 

I never said Kataddik doesn't or won't meditate, and certainly not in my last IC post. He does meditate, usually through kata, much like Tai Chi is used for meditative purposes in real life as well, but I never claimed he doesn't ever meditate. The only thing he's (and I am) claiming is his Master hasn't been training him in any Force powers, and this is true. Kataddik taught himself Enhance and the Force Leap upgrade during the mission to the Foerost Shipyards. He didn't learn them from his Master. Kataddik was taught Sense by Zoroku's Master, because Master Rojin was nowhere to be found. In his time as Master Rojin's apprentice, he has learned three Force talents (Reflect, Saber Throw, and Fear the Shadows), from his master, but no Force powers

That's the crux of his discussion with his master here. His master has been lax in training Kataddik in the ways of the Force. When he went on his crystal quest, he didn't even have those talents. Everyone else had at least one Force power prior to the beginning of play.  Kataddik didn't; he had nothing-no Force powers, no Force talents. That is where the concept that Master Rojin basically threw him into the deep end came from. It wasn't because I wanted to be "different". It was based upon the character's stats. It's because the character stated play with no Force powers and no Force talents. As such, nothing in his stats suggested any formal Jedi training up to that point, so I ran with that. So, I'm not even sure what you were asking for beyond removing the reference in my last IC post to not having any training prior to the crystal quest. Were you asking me to go back to old posts from the beginning of the game and rewrite them? I did what I thought you were asking for. 

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Tramp Graphics, part of what I was asking from you was an assurance that I wouldn't have to deal with an issue like this again of you ignoring my rulings. You've now been told twice by me to go back and read the post, and both times have failed to pick up on this, or have ignored it, as shown by your last post where you have completely missed the point. I'm sorry but because of this my ruling stands. Please do not post in the threads I run for these games any more. 

Fortunately Kai is there to help, that is overall a pass, but with 4 setback, I think I'll say that you guys are able to sneak out of a side entrance of the temple, but with trying to guide Oola and avoid being seen you guys are going to arrive late to the admiralty building. 

@Shlambate, I've checked over the rules and it seems to specify unless you are doing an attack with a brawl check, or have a talent like stunning blow, or a setting on the weapon then the damage is wounds and not strain. The exception for that is characters such as nemesis as they get the crit roll when they go down, same as pc's. I suppose that this was one of the problems that jedi faced when working. 

@Shlambate, you don't have to if you don't want, to, it is just an option that you have before the mission. The reason I'm giving the option is because it may be tricky in combat if you are trying to avoid casualties. The woman and Varn were rivals and nemesis characters so they don't always go down like minions when defeated. 

@SithArissa, considering the time it will take for you and @Edgehawk to arrive at the admiralty, you can remove one of the setback dice from the drinking. When you two are ready you can narrate sneaking out of the temple.