Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

Srry if i was not clear. Zalen doesn’t want to be brought to the republic. He is worried that there might he other people who had been hired to watch over him in case he failed. So now he’s worried that someone is listening in with a sniper rifle aimed at him should he talk. So he wishes to go to somewhere the jedi feel is safe, eg the jedi temple to talk there as the chances of his getting sniped in the jedi temple is basically 0. 

3 minutes ago, player3333902 said:

Srry if i was not clear. Zalen doesn’t want to be brought to the republic. He is worried that there might he other people who had been hired to watch over him in case he failed. So now he’s worried that someone is listening in with a sniper rifle aimed at him should he talk. So he wishes to go to somewhere the jedi feel is safe, eg the jedi temple to talk there as the chances of his getting sniped in the jedi temple is basically 0. 

You may want to re-read my post. I'm IC trying to create a reason to keep you in Jedi custody. Without one, we follow protocol and hand you over to the authorities.

12 minutes ago, Vergence said:

You may want to re-read my post. I'm IC trying to create a reason to keep you in Jedi custody. Without one, we follow protocol and hand you over to the authorities.

Zalen is already going to confess, he just doesn’t feel safe in this area. Having 7 jedi all in one place with one having his lightsaber ignited is pretty noticeable and he is worried that if they are noticed, the culprit might get informed and run or erase any evidence or he might get shot. So once he gets to an area he feels is more secure, he will confess and he can even help you guys arrest the culprit when he goes to collect his reward. 

The gist is that he is worried that the person who hired him will have also hired others to keep tabs on him, so in order for his safety and for the jedi to be able to capture the person succesfully, he wishes to go to a more private and safe area, where he can confess without fearing for his life and without having to worry that the culprit will be able to escape due to being tipped off that jedi are coming after someone hearing zalen share who the culprit is. Hope it makes sense.

It is a valid concern all things considered. @player3333902 if you want you can do a negotiate vs @Vergence's negotiate (they seem to be the head of the interrogation), and I'll give a boost because it is clear you are currently their best bet of finding their target. If you succeed @Vergence would see the sense in this, if you fail they can still agree, but it may be more on their terms regarding stuff like credits etc. 

: 2eA+1eB+2eD+1eC 2 failures, 2 advantage
a-a.pnga-a.pngb-s-a.pngd-f.pngd-th.pngc-f-f.png

oof. Fr the advantage, do u think it can be used in a way where they see more sense in having me as an ally to help them catch the culprit and is slightly more willing to give me what I want? Zalen is going to suggest helping them catch the criminal when he goes to collect his reward, so he wants a slight reward for helping to do so. I think if he helps the capture will be much easier as the culprit will be off guard.

Alright. My idea for zalen is that when he goes to collect his reward, he can help sneak everyone in, and after he gets his creds, he’ll give you guys a chance to jump in and arrest the man as proof of having made a deal to assassinate the admiral.

So the gist is that you both need each other to progress, that has been covered in the ic. Mandalorian pride does mean Zalen isn't likely to grovel but at the same time the jedi are very much in control. A bit of compromise on both sides should help bring the party together here so you can go after those who are responsible for the admirals death. If one of you guys can agree to work together in the ic, @player3333902 can contact the officer about their reward (assuming that's the route they want to go).

Problem is a paid assassin so happy to turn on his employers doesn't really engender a lot of trust?....especially when the corpse isn't even cold yet a block away.   I mean if we're just going to do it to move the scene along, fine, but the IC isn't really fostering much in the way of cooperation.   

Well, its cse of zalen’s goals. He knows that mandos are being discriminated against bcse of the war, and his goal is to bring the mandos to glory again. So he’s doin what he is doin to makw sure that he survives. He is willing to drag himself through the dirt to survive for that chance of bringin the mandos back to glory. He also doesnt rlly like the republic and doesnt mind if some of its leaders are exposed if it means he can survive. Fr his goal he wld be willing to do anything. Sure there r assassins who never reveal their hirers, but the thing is zalen isn’t an assassin. He is only worling as an assassin as a way to survive. He is a mando warrior and marksman and thus can use these skills to help jom survive through these jobs in this world which is against him. Ans because he is not an assassin, he doesnt care if he reveals his hirer’s name as in the end, he doesnt care about having a rep as an assassin because he himself doesnt want to be an assassin, but is just doing it till the time is right. 

How are we justifying for the Jedi to take jurisdiction of the prisoner without a confession? Are we somehow not reporting the admiral's death? If somehow reporting the death without the assassin's confession... then how do we plan to justify to ourselves as Jedi to withhold the prisoner away from the Republic? I honestly don't understand the confession refusal since the assassin see's that the Jedi offer makes sense, understood no negotiations or conditions on his end, and failed his social check to convince otherwise. For a week, now, a simple confession from the assassin could of lead to us to point where the assassin would be in Jedi custody (not Republic) and we could of worked towards making Zalen part of the party (if the goal).

By without a confession do you mean without zalen giving up the culprit’s name? Because i feel that the fact that zalen hasn’t denied killing the admiral and even offering to take the jedi to the culprit as his confession that he did the killing.

by all means, if you guys wished to, you can take him in to the jedi temple cells right now as the fact that he tried to rhn and is even offering to help capture the culprit now is a confession in my opinion, and yhe evidence is stacked against him. He can’t say anything if you guys wish to take him in. 

Why i’m making these requests is due to me seeing thru zalen’s eyes. If he tells you the name now, who’s to say in his pov, you won’t just pass him over to the republic after that and lock him up? Even though you guys are jedi, he is a mandalorian. They have been fighting a war against each other. And to him, the jedi did harm and kill his own clansmen, so why should he suddenly trust 7 jedi, whp are holding him at lightsaber point? All he sees are enemies who are willing to kill him to get info. 

I hope everyone understands. I’m not trying to make it hard for everyone or ase an argument. I’m just thinking as zalen, as a mandalorian in that time. However, if the general consensus wishes for zalen to just give the name of the culprit just like that, I’ll be more than willing to do so. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I know that having a mandalorian in a jedi party will be weird, that’s why i was thinking of forced cooperation in a way at first. Then as time goes, both parties learn the other party isn’t as bad as they thought, and thus they begin to work closer and bond better. I hope everyone can understand.

Posted (edited)

As of now, zalen has agreed to go to the temple with you guys, so once there, he will say his idea of helping you guys secure not only the person who hired him, but evidence that he hired zalen too, by going to collect his reward and once the reward is passed over, the jedi can pop out and capture the victim.

I admit, i might have made a mistake after muu’s coercion check and made zalen abit more aggressive than he should, but in the end, zalen is now willing to cooperate with the jedi to catch the culprit and not give information to the jedi to catch the culprit if you understand? 

This situation to me is like in movies. A guys is captured by a group and is wanted to share info. The guy says that he will only tell the info if he gets to go free. The group agrees, but after the guy shares the info, they kill him. That is what zalen is afraid of now if he just shares the info, with zalen being the guy who has the info. I know that you guys are not like that, but to zalen, a mandalorian who has fought in the war, i hope you understand that he is antagonistic towards the jedi now as he only knows the revanchists, who cut down his friends and family in the war. Maybe if you could clarify that part to zalen and reassure him that this would not happen, he would be more willing to cooperate.

once again, I’m really sorry for any confusion or anger caused. It is not my intention to do so, but I hope everyone can understand why I am playing Zalen in such a way.

Edited by player3333902

17 hours ago, player3333902 said:

If zalen is causing too much trouble, i am willing to make a new jedi pc to make it easier for everyone by removing zalen from the game.

Zalen will be fine. Sorry if my actions have caused you any anxiety regarding your character. It's a game- don't sweat it too much.

@KungFuFerret, it is a valid point. Trust is something I except will have to be developed through the campaign. At this stage I would think of it as a necessary evil to help unveil the traitor in the admirals ranks. Eg. in the clone wars we see Hondo kidnap and torture jedi, but he does also help the republic when they are out of options. 

@Vergence, also a good question. Jedi in general (and especially in the old republic), jedi do have an extraordinary level of authority. Usually so long as it is for the good of the republic, you can justify most actions (with the exception of things like murder etc). You would also be able to take into account that you don't know how far this corruption goes. It one of the admirals has turned, who knows how many followers they might have. You do still have to answer to the council and the chancellor though, so all of this will have to be dealt with eventually. If they prove useful to the jedi the council may find other uses for them to repay their debt.

13 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

If you guys are struggling, I can skip us ahead a little to the point where you guys are either heading back to the council or going to find the employers. 

So.. You think taking this matter to the council will speed things up, huh? 😜