Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate, @AdvocatXD, @KungFuFerret and @Vergence: In terms of the ic posts, just a quick reminder that to expedite things you guys are currently on your way to the meeting place instead of waiting for people. 

Yep, just tossed that out to galvanize others to post again.  It seemed to work.   

Just waiting for green light to screen wipe to the situation.

@Rabobankrider I expect we'll soon be gaining some earned XP... So I'm going to ask for Kai-wan what I've asked for some previous characters... Can he strike for Improved Freerunning, committing his next XP expenditure to that talent? Also, is it possible to Maneuver in response to this new development, even though he has already acted?

Alley Initiative:

1. Admiral Stewth 
  2. @SithArissa

Admiral Initiative Check: 4eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s-s.pnga--.pnga--.png

@Edgehawk, I will say you can commit the xp yes, but for your movement as imitative has been activated it will have to be on your turn. You can roll initiative and make your maneuver then. :) 

@player3333902, sorry, I should have mentioned this in the pm. You will need to roll your attack on the admiral. It is long range so 3 purple, but the attack is upgraded once. 

Ok, so initiative wasn't actually needed in the end as with the pierce on the gun, that actually killed the admiral (not a lot of health on them to start). @Edgehawk and @SithArissa this would snap you back to normal. 

The rest of you will also arrive after the shot has been taken, so can narrate arriving at the scene. 

17 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, so initiative wasn't actually needed in the end as with the pierce on the gun, that actually killed the admiral (not a lot of health on them to start). @Edgehawk and @SithArissa this would snap you back to normal. 

The rest of you will also arrive after the shot has been taken, so can narrate arriving at the scene. 

Did we arrive in time to see the shot or just the now cooling corpse at Arissa's feet while she has her saber ignited?

Kai-wan is going to use Improved Freerunning to parkour his metal hindquarters up to the assassin... how many move maneuvers would this require? In a single round, he would be limited to using the aforementioned talent (suffering 4 Strain), then the basic Freerunning talent for a second maneuver (suffering an additional 3 Strain)? Both talents specify once per round, but could I use each talent once?

26 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Did we arrive in time to see the shot or just the now cooling corpse at Arissa's feet while she has her saber ignited?

The glowy sticks turn off when dropped, don't they? I was imaging it to do so in the IC guess that never came across. 

38 minutes ago, SithArissa said:

The glowy sticks turn off when dropped, don't they? I was imaging it to do so in the IC guess that never came across. 

Well they have to stay on when thrown for the various throwing things, so I don't think it's automatic.  I probably missed it if you pointed it out.  I just skimmed that post.  I try not to read too much in scenes that my PC technically wasn't there for, seeing as he wouldn't know that stuff.

10 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Well they have to stay on when thrown for the various throwing things, so I don't think it's automatic.  I probably missed it if you pointed it out.  I just skimmed that post.  I try not to read too much in scenes that my PC technically wasn't there for, seeing as he wouldn't know that stuff.

Going by the movies throwing and dropping seem to be two completely different outcomes. Not the biggest plot holes but one still debated by nerds everywhere. 

@KungFuFerret, you would arrive a moment or two after the shot was fired. You, @Shlambate, @AdvocatXD, @Tramp Graphics and @Vergence feel free to narrate your entry (you have 2 speeders total for transport as the others walked). 

@Edgehawk, @player3333902 it is long range to get to the base of the tower, but the height factor does at 2 maneuvers for stairs (or if you're feeling really action hero trying to climb up the outside, that would require some checks though). Unfortunately I think talents are 1 per turn (unless something is passive etc). 

@SithArissa, going back over the movies, I would say it has turned off yeah. It seems to go off after a few seconds of lying there, which may be why they don't go off during a throw. 

Okay. Assuming the assassin will be coming down the stairs to escape, I suppose starting up from the bottom makes more sense, anyway. I'll just suffer the 2 Strain to make 2 normal Move maneuvers, in order to reach the base of the tower. If it turns into a chase, Kai-wan has 2 ranks in Shortcut, which is a passive talent (providing 2 Boosts to whatever check is involved).

So to cnfm, do i remove one purple die’s result due to my rifle’s optics? 

And currently(without removing any die), i have 3 advantage. Can i use 2 to get a free manuever and then spend it to collapse my rifle, with the other 2 being to sprint the heck away? XD

@Edgehawk, cool, when you have time you can put that in the ic. 

@player3333902, it would yes, and you can use a free maneuver to break down the rifle. Your other maneuver would get you part way down the tower, but as it would take 2 to go up to your floor it will also take two to go down so you'll probably be meeting @Edgehawk on the stairs. As an ooc point, don't try too hard to kill each other if you meet (though ic may be different), I suspect you'll all need each other for future missions.  

Ok, thanks. 

Removing the first purple die, I’ll have 4 successes and 4 advantage. Since i only need one success to kill the admiral, I’ll convert 3 successes into advantages, and I’ll cnfm what to do with the rest when I get home, but is it possible for me to jump out and use my jetpack to fly away? Instead of running down? 

@player3333902, you didn't need just one success to kill the admiral, and you don't get to choose which success you remove. It is always the one on the right side (that way it's the same for everyone if they have to remove a dice, making it fairer).  You also can't convert successes to advantages or vice versa, they are what they are I'm afraid. 

Oh i c, ok thanks! Np!

so 3 success, 4 advantage. I’ll use 2 advantage to get an extra manuever, to collapse my gun, but im not sure yet about the other 2