Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

I don't know if I speak for anyone else but I have no idea how to progress here Rabo. I don't see any of the generals confessing and I doubt theres gonna be any big red markers in the files saying 'he/she is the traitor'. I think we should maybe move on once all the holiday stuff is out of the way and ppl have time to post again. 

I think I gave you guys a few options in a previous post if you were stuck for ideas. You still have another 3 admirals to talk to (recommended at least at some point), you've also been introduced to another character of note who may be of help (Onasi). If you want you can talk to the officer, see how his check on the computers is going. If you want you can try round up some staff or naval personnel and talk to them about the suspects, or perhaps take a more direct approach to the investigation and try searching their offices or ships. If you're really struggling you can always contact the order for some help and/or advice. This session is focused mainly around the investigation so it's not just the interviews, it whatever you guys want to do to find evidence. As jedi you all have pretty good authority so can act effectively like police to get what you need. 

With your current interviews you've got one admiral with a strong dislike for mandalorians, a history with the jedi and he seems to not really be a part of the admiralty the same way the others are.  Compared to the others he is a bit of an outsider by the looks of things.

With Karath despite his appearance something has him concerned thanks to Gaze's check. He seems prepared for the investigation, and also seems to have some quite loyal supporters in the officers (Onasi)

Muu has been a little more laidback with the directional steering of the investigation to focus on his sub-assignment. If we need an active player input, maybe we should regroup both parties and continue the interrogation process with the other suspects. Afterwards, we could then proceed the record digging checks all at once.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Nobody's fool would apply here but you would have to make the check @Vergence, and it would be against your cool due to it being deception. 

Deception is VS Discipline. By RAW if a PC or NPC is actively lying in my presence, the character has to roll against my discipline. What are the special circumstances which is changing the mechanics? Its kind of the intention of my character design.

Edited by Vergence

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Vergence, you are right there, that's my bad, I must have misread it. @KungFuFerret, if you want to take the check it will be your deception, not your cool (same difficulty though). 

Eh, my Discipline is 1G1Y, so not much better.  I'm fine with letting @Vergence take the front of this check.  My whole point in the medical check was to try and inform the people actually handling the investigation that the Admiral was nervous and possibly hiding something.   If that can translate to me tossing V a boost die, I'm fine with that.

7 minutes ago, KungFuFerret said:

Eh, my Discipline is 1G1Y, so not much better.  I'm fine with letting @Vergence take the front of this check.  My whole point in the medical check was to try and inform the people actually handling the investigation that the Admiral was nervous and possibly hiding something.   If that can translate to me tossing V a boost die, I'm fine with that.

As I mentioned before, I've got three Green for Discipline, but I'm in the other room with Zoroku. 

3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

As I mentioned before, I've got three Green for Discipline, but I'm in the other room with Zoroku. 

And that is relevant to our scene how?  You stick to your conversation and we'll stick to ours.

To help keep the traitor anonymous, it may be easier having each suspect roll their deception against our highest social defense (rather than each PC) after each interview and explain the results accordingly (lying or not). Thus, after each individual interview, the admiral would roll their deception against RRRR. Does that seem fair and more stream line?

Unfortunately I suspect at least a few people will know who the traitor is if they've played KOTOR (not complaining, it was expected to be fair), everyone has something to hide depending on what you guys are asking about. I think just doing the rolls where relevant still works fine in this case, and where people do know, I just ask that no one acts on the knowledge from outside the game :)

So while @Edgehawk is talking to Carth Onasi, @Vergence, @Shlambate, @KungFuFerret, @SithArissa, @Tramp Graphics, @BeingofMortis and @AdvocatXD, what are you doing? Someone needs to take the lead in this investigation ic, and I don't want to have to introduce an npc to do that. 

Also I'm afraid that it seems that we have lost @satkaz, so I will have to remove him from the campaign unfortunately. This does mean you guys will need a knew pilot, so that is something to consider regarding future xp allocation. 

K-1 will wrap things up here and move on. The Falleen Admiral next, maybe? 

K-1 can pilot, if no one else is interested. Planetary 1Y1G, Space 2G; both career skills, so can be improved upon if necessary.