Reklawyad

New Rules Reference Guide

156 posts in this topic

Dear FFG,

Can we get even a hint of when we might get the new RRG published? We're all waiting for the nerf to FN to be official as well as rulings on some of the new EaW cards. We'd just like some answers!

Signed the die hard fans of Destiny!

Destraa and robguyday like this

I’d certainly like to see it, especially since we’ve got a bit of time before regionals kicks off. The longer we wait, the closer we are to regionals season, and the less time we have to familiarize. Nationals from Europe and Australia have shown it’s quite overdue, as the meta has essentially polarized to FN and Friend being the highest represented deck in competitive play, period. It would be nice to see the errata on him Lukas mentioned before leaving for WotC.

I hope vibroknife  gets banned soon. I'm not a fan of banning cards but a fix would confuse the younger crowd.  If it said that it was unblockable and the die it modifies also becomes  unblockable then it would have been fine.  I know every week we hear that it will be on Friday . 

Seriously,  have you even played this game? Taking a game mechanic away with one card is somehow okay? So in the next set they put a 3 cost support  card that says, " as long as this card is in play  Ambush  has no effect!"  I mean as long as we are taking game effects away. 

47 minutes ago, ozmodon said:

Seriously,  have you even played this game? Taking a game mechanic away with one card is somehow okay? So in the next set they put a 3 cost support  card that says, " as long as this card is in play  Ambush  has no effect!"  I mean as long as we are taking game effects away. 

I don't disagree that Vibroknife is too good and broadly applicable an effect for its cost (both resource and opportunity).

But your proposed anti-ambush card to argue your point... Probably wouldn't even see play.  Its not really helping your case. :P

Edited by RJM

GOT got an update today, so with luck ours is not too far off.

If this was delayed because of various competitions, I would rather in future see updated documents come out as soon as they are ready and just have an embargo date of say 2-3 weeks in the future from when the rules, errata and such shall apply.

56 minutes ago, ozmodon said:

Vibroknife doesn't come close to the net effect you are ascribing to it.

The true impact of Vibroknife is that you can't entirely rely on for mitigation and you have to be wary about shielding up characters with little remaining health.

You can mitigate Vibroknife and force the melee damage into Shields. Even your melee heavy decks do a substainal portion of their damage via non-melee means. Theres exceedingly few decks that don't do some to a lot of damage via ranged or special, even when melee focused. And thats particularly true in regards to your competitive builds. Look at the SoR meta, look at the little we have from the EaW meta. You do not see melee only decks dominating.

CCGs do not ban cards just for being good.

4 hours ago, ScottieATF said:

There's absolutely no grounds to ban Vibroknife. Come on. 

but if Rey was a villain and her dice sides were different and you completely ignore the meta you’d see that the Vibroknife and action hax are OP pls nerf

2 hours ago, ScottieATF said:

Vibroknife doesn't come close to the net effect you are ascribing to it.

The true impact of Vibroknife is that you can't entirely rely on for mitigation and you have to be wary about shielding up characters with little remaining health.

You can mitigate Vibroknife and force the melee damage into Shields. Even your melee heavy decks do a substainal portion of their damage via non-melee means. Theres exceedingly few decks that don't do some to a lot of damage via ranged or special, even when melee focused. And thats particularly true in regards to your competitive builds. Look at the SoR meta, look at the little we have from the EaW meta. You do not see melee only decks dominating.

CCGs do not ban cards just for being good.

We could have a blue Jedi using melee like Sabine Wren does ranged. I think it needs nerfed or baned before that happens.

I think that whether or not a new FAQ is needed, we won’t be able to speed up its delivery by talking about it here... I don’t think FFG listens to what we actually want on these forums. 

They do seem to watch the forums though. When we wanted a Spirit of Rebellion card list, and I posted a fake one that had the same formatting as the official ones, it took them less than a week to post up an “official” one! I’m still quite proud of that! :P

I know they look to see what everyone's talking about from time to time. I doubt they ever resopnd, but they did mention  looking in on everyone. 

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I think that whether or not a new FAQ is needed, we won’t be able to speed up its delivery by talking about it here... I don’t think FFG listens to what we actually want on these forums. 

They do seem to watch the forums though. When we wanted a Spirit of Rebellion card list, and I posted a fake one that had the same formatting as the official ones, it took them less than a week to post up an “official” one! I’m still quite proud of that! :P

I posted my Spreadsheet around here somewhere, feel free to checklist away. :P

3 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Please post an Empire At War checklist so they'll hurry up and post one too.

10 hours ago, ozmodon said:

I hope vibroknife  gets banned soon. I'm not a fan of banning cards but a fix would confuse the younger crowd.  If it said that it was unblockable and the die it modifies also becomes  unblockable then it would have been fine.  I know every week we hear that it will be on Friday . 

Vibroknife is an easy fix, reword it like electrostaff and boom. The ceiling is six (Mace’s 4/$ or a No Mercy from an Emperor’s favor Vibroknife nat 1) outside of using modifiers. But that’s just it, relies on modified sides for substantial unblockable damage instead of all dice showing melee. Remove the natural dice, it has no teeth. If it’s anythimg other than the damage or modified sides, it has no teeth.

The delay on the new RRG could be down to Lukas leaving for WotC. I would assume a new design team could want to take the game in their own direction, so a new RRG would possibly take more planning than usual.

2 hours ago, Destraa said:

Vibroknife is an easy fix, reword it like electrostaff and boom. The ceiling is six (Mace’s 4/$ or a No Mercy from an Emperor’s favor Vibroknife nat 1) outside of using modifiers. But that’s just it, relies on modified sides for substantial unblockable damage instead of all dice showing melee. Remove the natural dice, it has no teeth. If it’s anythimg other than the damage or modified sides, it has no teeth.

I’ve been thinking about a solution like this, and I think it’s brilliant. I’ve been burned by the knife enough to know it has too much power. But I wanted a solution that would not outright nullify or ban it. If the damage dealt by it, meaning it and all the damage it modifies or modified damage added to it, it would make it trickier to be useful, but could still make a difference. Most of the time the unblockable nature of it would be a wash since your other dice would hit the shields. But it would make it a decent closer, and it would make it a fantastic partner to the Vibro ax. It seems to hit the difference between it being overpowered and it becoming too weak pretty well. 

Vibroax already does what Vibroknife should be doing.

Not the remove shields part, the "this die" part.

The amount of times ive seen a Vibroknife pop up when im at max shields, rolls a blank, and i still get my shields ignored is utter BS. You should have to actually USE that die for the attack to get the effect.
Or for that matter, the amount of times ive seen a vibroknife show up and then i roll solid shields is irritating....

Unrelated, but i also seriously hope they change the whole "Select 0" crap when given a decision (let the wookie win). If one option isnt even on the table (no dice, no resources, no deck to mill, etc) you shouldnt be able to even select it. So many cards are 100% useless because of that alone

Edited by Vineheart01

Heh. I play almost exclusively Hero Blue and vibroknife doesn't bother me.

There's a lot of way to use shields even when your opponent has a vibroknife and melee damage. You can Heroism one of his die one your shield, same with guardian. You can use them with Riposte. Shields are still useful against damage coming from something else than melee (range, special, Kylo ability, soon to be indirect damage, etc). There is Qui-Gon and Rey (2p) that use them for damage.

If it really bothers you, it's also pretty easy to remove it from play.

Quite frankly, I don't even autoinclude it in my decks anymore and like I said earlier, I play almost exclusively Hero Blue. It's a great upgrade, but not as powerful and gamebreaking as some seems to think.

my vader deck was probably the first time i didnt give a hoot about the vibroknife.
Magnaguard had Guardian on him, so he just soaked it if it showed damage
Double force throw just threw it away the instant it showed up (blanks count as 0's so it just removes it)

That deck isnt a shield generator though. It has shield faces on most of its dice though so sometimes i just randomly get 6 shields lol

Dang, RIP to any Phasma or FN decks. Also what the heck with It's A Trap?? It never hurt anyone!

Edited by theagentcoma

16 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

And there it is.

Complete with a nerf to the "perfectly fine" Vibroknife.

They also nerfed its a trap. So thats not a great indicator.

2 minutes ago, Stu35 said:

They also nerfed its a trap. So thats not a great indicator.

It's a Trap was like Rey - the only reason it wasn't a stupidly broken card is because heroes sucked so bad.  If that's going to shift, It's a Trap was going to be a problem.

It feels like a very preemptive nerf to me.

blackholexan and Amanal like this