Bitterman

Make your own Deployment Cards - in five minutes or less!

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, a few people have asked whether it would be possible to translate (or "localize") the card editor into different languages. Until now, I've always said no - unfortunately this would be too much work.

While it would indeed be far too much work to translate the entire editor interface for non-English languages, I was given the idea today (merci, Julien!) that actually, only the titles of the stats need to change, to make cards usable by non-English-speaking players. All the other text on the cards is entered by the user, so can be in whatever language they see fit.

Deployment_Card_Rebellion_Ast_rix_le_Gau

It's a bit awkward to make this work I'm afraid, and you will need to repeat this each time you download a new version - but new versions are so rare now that hopefully, you won't find that a problem - you may only ever need to do this once.

• Download and unzip the app as normal.
  • Find the file "ImpAss.CardEditor.exe.config" in the folder where you unzipped the app.
  • Open that file with Notepad (or other text editor of your choice).
  • Find the following lines, and edit the values as appropriate for the language of your choice.
    <add key="HealthText" value="Health"/>
    <add key="SpeedText" value="Speed"/>
    <add key="DefenseText" value="Defense"/>
    <add key="AttackText" value="Attack"/>
  • For example, for your cards to be rendered in French, you would change it to look like this:
    <add key="HealthText" value="Vie"/>
    <add key="SpeedText" value="Vitesse"/>
    <add key="DefenseText" value="Defense"/>
    <add key="AttackText" value="Attaque"/>
  • Save the .config file, run the app as normal, and design your cards!

As always, you can download the latest version, which includes these changes, from here. Enjoy!

Edited by Bitterman

Posted (edited)

Deployment_Card_Rebellion_Ca_Torra_custo

Idea for a hero for some box set. (forgot to indicate that it is a unique figure oof)

CC: Blackmail (2 points)

Look at your opponents hand. Choose a card from their hand, then choose a hostile figure. Your opponent must discard that card or the chosen figure suffers strain equal to the cost of that card.

Edited by QuarrenKing

A new version of the app is now available, with quite a big change...

• The application is now installed via an installer (.msi), rather than unzipping a .zip file.

As well as being generally a bit more professional, this enables some of the following features, that are new in this version:

• File associations - so you can double-click on a .iadc file and it'll open it straight in the app. Much easier to use!
  • Fix for incorrect "unsaved changes" warnings.
  • Fix initial directories for file dialogs (because you might not have card files in the same folder as art files).
  • Maybe now works in Windows 7 and 8? Or maybe not. I don't really know to be honest. Might be worth a try. But don't hold your breath.

You can download the installer from here.

Let me know if any problems.

First the bad news - the installer for the Deployment Card Editor is no longer available. 😯

Now the good news - that's because it's been wrapped up into the Kensei Imperial Assault Tools Suite! 😆 Check that other thread for details.

I suggest we let this thread die a graceful death (and if a mod is able to lock it, I'd appreciate it).