Sign in to follow this  
Doppelganger

A peasants game

Game was played 21st of October, 8 am GMT+2 as part of the Vassal Salon des Perdants - Vassal Autumn Tourney
Thanks to @Green Knight for providing the Vassal module

I faced of against @Maturin

His list:

Made by @GhostofNobodyInParticular

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: General Dodonna

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)

-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points)

-  Reinforced Blast Doors  ( 5  points)

-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points)

= 77 total ship cost

[ flagship ] MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)

-  General Dodonna  ( 20  points)

-  Reinforced Blast Doors  ( 5  points)

-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points)

= 97 total ship cost

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36 points)

-  Garel's Honor  ( 4  points)

-  External Racks  ( 3  points)

= 47 total ship cost
My list:

Made by @PartyPotato

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Sloane

[ flagship ] Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer (120 points)

-  Admiral Sloane  ( 24  points)

-  Avenger  ( 5  points)

-  Damage Control Officer  ( 5  points)

-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)

-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points)

= 168 total ship cost

4 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 32 points)

1 "Howlrunner" ( 16 points)

1 Black Squadron ( 9 points)

He chose to go first. And we played my targeting beacons.

Admiral Sloane stood on the bridge of the Avenger and watched the excercise intently. "Admiral, we have 3 capital ships coming out of Hyperspace! Confirming their identity... Rebel signatures!"
The Admiral responded calmly: "Cancel the excercise protocols and go to Battle stations. Instruct our Squadrons to form up a screen in front of us and show me their approach vectors."

4416346-4695209820-Imper.jpg
Ties forming up on the Avenger

This is after deployment:

Deploy2.thumb.JPG.3702272050f83797f30b0d21d2bebe83.JPG

"They are setting up for an encirclement. Increase engine output and set us on an intercept vecotr with the frigate on starboard."

Turn two:

59eb0159b7e1a_Turntwo.thumb.JPG.bc3ceddf0f2563961cfee4a8893da129.JPG

"Admiral, the corvette is speeding up!"
Without any hesitation Sloane responded: "Sent in two Squadrons on the Corvette and on our intercept target."
The Tie-Fighters sped up and went straight for their targets. Zipping around the asteroid two squadrons lit up space with green light...

Turn three:

59eb05093cfc6_Turnthree.JPG.5626e8b962faeaaa9e2e03d45f2a7d2d.JPG

...and were greeted with detonating torpedoes and laserfire in return shredding ties left and right. 
"Multiple hits on the corvettes shield, Shrimp two's shields are also hit. The corvette is hitting us hard, we are loosing fighters fast! Shrimp fire largely ineffective!"

The intercom cracked and the Avengers flight officer was audible in Holwrunner's helmet: "Black Squadron has a go for Mon Calamari frigate two."
'Finally!' - " Alright boys and girls hit the pedal to the metal and follow me!"

"All figthers deployed Admiral, shrimp one and the corvette are closing in from our our portside."

Turbolaserfire engulfed the closing corvette, shields flickered and went dead, armored plates melted and red fire burst forth from the first hullbreak, ignite by the devastating fire from the Avenger

"The other frigate is closing in too fast sir, we hit them but they are moving out of our front batteries! What are your orders?"

Turn 4:

59eb09c8ac5b8_Turn4.thumb.JPG.01ac6b0383085e9e7034111ea283ae50.JPG

"Brace for impact!"

The Avenger shuddred under the impact of multiple Torpedos.

"Admiral! Enemy APTs have punctured the hull, we have a power failure in engineering, half of our damage repair teams are stuck, because the doors and elevators won't work! Your orders?"

"Too fast indeed" mumbled Sloane and then shouted: "Engine output to maximum! Keep fire concentrated on the Cor..." A bright light erupted and the Corvette vanished. And another shudder went through the ship as the engines began to roar.
"Well I take that! All squadrons form up and cover us."

"Frigate one's Torpedoes are falling short sir! But they are hot on our heels! They are breaking through our fighter cover!"

"But they are paying for it" Sloane stated calmly.

A constant barrage from imperial Tie Fighters followed the frigate as it closed with the Avenger.

Turn 5:

59eb0dd143594_Turn5.thumb.JPG.78380b4c816935a64b439dd876ab5820.JPG

(just missing the crucial double arc!)

Ordonance tubes blazing, the MC-30 closed with Avenger, the Tie-Fighters fire slowly tore it to pieces and when the frigate slammed into the hull of the Destroyer, it was only a lifeless husk.

"Enemy ship destroyed, the wreck shattered on impact sir! Shrimp two is fleeing the engagement!"

Sloane let out a breath she had been holding for what felt like an eternity. "Good! Let them run, sent someone down to engeneering to get the damage control teams out of their pickle and call up the port side gunners they get a week of extra shore leave for that kill on the corvette!"

End result: 144 to 0 for me. Maturin was a very nice opponent, I am sorry for being a bit quite in chat but it was super early :D Awesome game would play again, my plan worked out, much to my own suprise and due to impecabble red dice from my portside batteries. Maturin could not catch a brake from my hot dice and his dice didn't feel like competing so they kinda only went for average results. He missed the critical double arc at the end and the ties did a number on Dodonnas flagship.

The end

p.s. I will figure out how to post the log soon.

5 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Now that is a write up!

Well, thank you!

I had a lot of fun playing the game and always wanted to write something like this. With only 225 points its a much more manageable task, so I typed away the early Saturday in the hope that someone would be entertained by it.

36 minutes ago, rjl51869 said:

very nice images.

how were you able to post so many with an image limit?

I cant get over 500kb

I used the snipping tool from windows to get a bunch of Jpegs, those are MUCH MUCH smaller than the png default. The jpeg for the deployment picture is 83.7 kb, while the same picture as png is 1.05 MB.
I hope that helps you out?

48 minutes ago, Doppelganger said:

I used the snipping tool from windows to get a bunch of Jpegs, those are MUCH MUCH smaller than the png default. The jpeg for the deployment picture is 83.7 kb, while the same picture as png is 1.05 MB.
I hope that helps you out?

thank you sir.  I wish they gave us a lot more space to post images.

Oh - what a marvellous report!  I found myself reading, holding my breath and wondering what happens next?!?

Then I remembered that the ISD escapes with four hull left.  Darn those fickle dice!

Thanks Doppelganger for a very fun game.  Well played, and a great opponent.  I love these quick games. :D

Edited by Maturin

1 hour ago, rjl51869 said:

thank you sir.  I wish they gave us a lot more space to post images.

Your welcome! Yeah, I ran out of space anyway couldn't post a final standing.

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

Oh - what a marvellous report!  I found myself reading, holding my breath and wondering what happens next?!?

Then I remembered that the ISD escapes with four hull left.  Darn those fickle dice!

Thanks Doppelganger for a very fun game.  Well played, and a great opponent.  I love these quick games. :D

Super tight game, one double arc on a Mc30 or slightly different dice, could have been it for me.

My pleasure. And yes, those quick games defenitively have something going for them :)

Edited by Doppelganger

2 minutes ago, PartyPotato said:

My selfish side is happy to see my list chalk up another win.  I believe its the only ISD out there...

Its not quite alone, Tokra also build an ISD list but with Thrawn. I had the pleasure of loosing against it ^_^