Rinzler in a Tie

Indiscriminate Devastation GUNBOAT

1 minute ago, Viktus106 said:

What does the Jam token do?

It's on the Reload ref card which was spoiled in the original announcement.  Each Jam removes one focus evade or blue lock, and each jam when you don't have any of those stays and is discarded along with the next one of those that you get.

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's on the Reload ref card which was spoiled in the original announcement.  Each Jam removes one focus evade or blue lock, and each jam when you don't have any of those stays and is discarded along with the next one of those that you get.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, NakedDex said:

EIGHTEEN POINTS

But you would never run it naked.  Well, maybe you would. ;)

3 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

Saturation Salvo is a horribly designed card. I’m not sure exactly what even does. It will take me a few minutes to read through that wall of text.

Oh really??  It's missile TLT.  Fire cluster missiles and don't modify.  AIM AT BIGGS.  Splash 2 1 damage on all his friends.   Bwwwwwoooooooohahahhahahaha.

latest?cb=20130427093613

Edited by Darth Meanie
I hate that chart.

5 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Oh really??  It's missile TLT.  Fire cluster missiles and don't modify.  AIM AT BIGGS.  Splash 2 damage on all his friends.   Bwwwwwoooooooohahahhahahaha.

latest?cb=20130427093613

There's only one After Attacking trigger point on Clusters and TLTs, you only get to trigger SS once.

6 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Oh really??  It's missile TLT.  Fire cluster missiles and don't modify.  AIM AT BIGGS.  Splash 2 damage on all his friends.   Bwwwwwoooooooohahahhahahaha.

latest?cb=20130427093613

Did I say it was bad or good? It’s a horrible design which isn’t the same. The text is a page long, has multiple requirements, and takes about three times to read it to understand it. It also even requires your opponent to have an agility value that helps the card. 

2 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Did I say it was bad or good? It’s a horrible design which isn’t the same. The text is a page long, has multiple requirements, and takes about three times to read it to understand it. It also even requires your opponent to have an agility value that helps the card. 

Ah.  It's might be an OK card but it offends your sensibilities.  Got it.

Just now, Darth Meanie said:

Ah.  It's might be an OK card but it offends your sensibilities.  Got it.

Username makes post.

Card seems a bit over the top but I like, especially since munitions fail-safe is a thing (over costed as it is).

Another casual EPT until it's secrets are unlocked. If they exist. 

So…if you take Saturation Salvo, Cruise Missile and Munitions Failsafe…

Cruise Missile says:

Attack (Target Lock):

Discard this card to perform this attack.

You may roll additional attack dice equal to the speed of the maneuver you executed this round, to a max of 5 add dice.

I don’t have to actually Spend the target lock.

I don’t have to actually roll additional dice (the Cruise Missile starts at 1 attack dice)

So I can fire at a locked target, pretty much auto miss due to only having 1 attack dice and then saturation salvo kicks in on everything that is only defense dice 2 or less near the defender.  Munitions failsafe saves the missile for the next turn; and since I still have an unspent lock I can repeat.

I could take four Black Sun Aces with Vaksai, Saturation Salvo, Cruise Missile, Munitions Failsafe, Guidance Chip (when you actually do want to hit), Inertial dampners all for 100pts.

Hmm…

Salvo is basically a die roll bomb you throw that somehow doesnt hit one person.

I could sort of see the cruise missile idea to practically guarantee you missed against rebel jank, but except for the TIE theyre all reasonably tanky where the probable 3 splash damage they'd take throughout the game to not be that much.
Plus, TIE wouldnt roll anyway. Has equal agility to the missile cost, not lower

Edited by Vineheart01

43 minutes ago, Koing907 said:

After the mediocre releases for Empire lately, I'm fine with this. I don't think the Os-1 title is going to break the game, but it might make the Starwing more than a desk decoration.

eh, I'm personally on the XG-1 boat with linked HLCs (LRS and crackshot). Eschewing the weps disabled benefit seems weird (except in Karsabi's case as his ability takes care of it) seems odd, but the amount of modifiers you get is just solid and it doesn't require TLs to function (a massive benefit against higher PS pilots). The alpha strike these guys are capable is just a lot more scary than the OS-1 that won't get to alpha higher ps pilots, and their sustained damage is better

of course, there's always https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!269:18,-1,17:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;269:18,-1,17:61:16:U.-1,U.-1;269:18,-1,17:61:16:U.-1,U.-1&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Edited by ficklegreendice

Saturation Salvo, also known as EAT CONCUSSION MISSILES; REBEL SCUM! (or something.) Also, Ion Torpedoes. 

I realize that's not even a great idea, but I'll be laughing like mad every time I'll do it. Also, got to say I love that TiE fighters are actually less vulnerable to this than a lot of other ships out there.

It's literally spamming a vector in space chock-full of rockets and watch people rip their joysticks out trying to dodge it all.  The picture in my mind's eye is the very definition of a Raider Captain's wet dream.

Edited by DampfGecko

56 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

There's only one After Attacking trigger point on Clusters and TLTs, you only get to trigger SS once.

I hate that chart.  :(:angry:;)

OTOH, if one attack hits and the other misses, I get the best of both worlds, right?

And one more thing:  is Wave XIII now Wave XII+ and we still know nothing of the real Wave XIII?

Edited by Darth Meanie

seriously hate that arc caster isnt allowed by imps.

Both gunboats and tie/ds would be brutal with them. But the likely self-damage would be a drawback.
Gunboat would also bypass the reload on the Arc Caster since multiple weapons disabled doesnt do anything.
Defender would bring on the pain every other turn, assuming he got range 1.

Plus, isnt the arc caster canonically used by the imps more than anyone else?