subtrendy2

Post HotE Predictions

17 hours ago, Arttemis said:

My guess was that the app comes next with some kind of box release that facilitates its features. I really hope all existing and future box campaigns and quests are integrated into the app.

What else could we get? These are my thoughts:

Rogue One Box

Heroes: Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, K-2SO

Villains: 6x Coastal Defender Stormtroopers (Shoretroopers), 4 Partisan Fighters, TX-225A Occupier Tank  

Rogue One Blister Wave

Director Krennic

Deathtrooper 3-pack 

Benthic "Two Tubes" 

Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus duo pack

Rebels Box

Heroes: Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren

Villains: Alt. sculpt Stormtroopers? Imperial Gunners? Mining Guild Mercenaries?

Rebels Blister Wave

Garazeb Orrelios

Mandalorian Fighters 2-pack (w/ Boba Fett fix)

Admiral Thrawn

Endor Box

Heroes: 3 new characters

Villains: 6x Scout Troopers, 

Endor Blister Wave

??

I like the blister waves, but I don't see us getting canon heroes ever.  That's what allies are for.  ;)

Regarding the Death Trooper debate- They might be a little gimmicky, and ultimately yeah, part of their purpose was probably to sell action figures.  But even modern militarizes have various branches, and varieties within them.  Not everything has to be the classic white stormtrooper.

1 hour ago, Hijodecain said:

I don't know what to expect now, but I want ewoks as the first group of 4 units (regular 2 points each, elite 3 points each). Of course a ewok glider and a ewok catapult. So I would like to see a Endor box, maybe small because of the cycle. With some blisters to complete it. But please don't introduce a new AT-ST, we don't need more! 

A General Weiss or AT-ST fix though would be welcome.   General Weiss could gain targeting computer by default and a point cost reduction.    The AT-ST could get an attachment that lets it loose awkward and get a 4 to 5 point reduction to put it on par with the AT-DP.

Edited by kingargyle

26 minutes ago, kingargyle said:

A General Weiss or AT-ST fix though would be welcome.   General Weiss could gain targeting computer by default and a point cost reduction.    The AT-ST could get an attachment that lets it loose awkward and get a 4 to 5 point reduction to put it on par with the AT-DP.

If you look at the point reduction cards so far, they all remove something (and I mean something good, so not Awkward).  Brutality, Cunning, and converting a Dodge to an Evade.  I doubt they'll boost the figures and reduce the point value without removing some advantage they have.  The cynic in me would say that doing otherwise would be admitting they were wrong, but truth be told I do think it's silly not to take something away in that situation.

If anything I would say add awkward to Weiss, and for the AT-ST either extend it or swap the blast surge for a damage surge.  Then add Assault (or maybe Focus Fire) and reduce cost by 4-5 points for both.  Overall they're getting a huge boost that way, and with the Blast 3 double surge on Weiss he usually doesn't want to attack adjacent figures anyway.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

6 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

If you look at the point reduction cards so far, they all remove something (and I mean something good, so not Awkward).  Brutality, Cunning, and converting a Dodge to an Evade.  I doubt they'll boost the figures and reduce the point value without removing some advantage they have.  The cynic in me would say that doing otherwise would be admitting they were wrong, but truth be told I do think it's silly not to take something away in that situation.

If anything I would say add awkward to Weiss, and for the AT-ST either extend it or swap the blast surge for a damage surge.  Then add Assault (or maybe Focus Fire) and reduce cost by 4-5 points for both.  Overall they're getting a huge boost that way, and with the Blast 3 double surge on Weiss he usually doesn't want to attack adjacent figures anyway.

Yeah I could live with Assault, and a point reduction.   Still think Targeting Computer needs to be built into them either way, but that is personal preference.  If Weiss Gains awkward, then I want Trample/Crush when stopping in a space for a small or large figure.

Edited by kingargyle

9 hours ago, kingargyle said:

I'd much rather have the AT-ST and Gen. Weiss be fixed via errata.  So far, the attachment fixes are going to the famous heroes, villains, and bounty hunters, and it would be cool if they were to remain the only ones to get that kind of treatment.  The non-unique plebs and FFG-imaged characters can just get flat-out redesigned and reprinted for all I care - I do hope they fix the older releases soon, though.

6 minutes ago, Smashotron said:

10/13/2017- Current - Nothing in the pipeline (124 days!)

chicken-little.jpg?w=300

It'll be fine, we've only beaten the record for "nothing in the pipeline by over 100 days.

Technically, though, we could see it as this-

10/12/2017   HotE Released

10/13/2017-11/19/2017  Nothing in the pipeline (38 days)

11/20/2017 LotA officially announced

12/1/2017  LotA released

12/2/2017-present Nothing in the pipeline  (74 days)

Not sure if we should count LotA (I guess it counts) but even if we do I'm not sure it makes it seem better.  Instead of one record smashing time of nothing in the pipe, we now have two.    :P

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

It'll be fine, we've only beaten the record for "nothing in the pipeline by over 100 days.

Technically, though, we could see it as this-

10/12/2017   HotE Released

10/13/2017-11/19/2017  Nothing in the pipeline (38 days)

11/20/2017 LotA officially announced

12/1/2017  LotA released

12/2/2017-present Nothing in the pipeline  (74 days)

Not sure if we should count LotA (I guess it counts) but even if we do I'm not sure it makes it seem better.  Instead of one record smashing time of nothing in the pipe, we now have two.    :P

My feeling is that LotA is a different beast requiring different tamers. It's not like you're going to let your designers sit around and twiddle their thumbs getting paid while the programmers and testers do their magical thing readying the platform. (I'm so not technically inclined so take my tongue in cheek as jealousy). :P.

Last I heard from FFG directly, they were "testing out their new shiny figures". That was months ago. Something is coming. They'll let Legion blow their load first maybe?

My guess is new campaigns for the ap that may or may not come with the next wave of small figures. (fingers crossed for some older figure skirmish fixes. particularly ones with jetpacks). 

5 minutes ago, GottaBadFeelingAboutThis said:

If there's an Endor box, shouldn't it include C-3P0's alt card, God of the Ewoks?

Maybe make Ewoks Merc figures, and give 3P0 an ability allowing you to include them, eh? ;D

Yeah, 3P0 clearly needs a fix so he can enter play more often :P

54 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Boba Fett fix? Boba Fett fix? Where?

In the meantime the Boba Fett implemented in the app can serve as a fix.  I think he has become very interesting with the various bonuses.

`

18 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

In the meantime the Boba Fett implemented in the app can serve as a fix.  I think he has become very interesting with the various bonuses.`

OMG! Amazing. That gives me hope that they'll fix him for skirmish. I haven't been able to get to the ap yet, but I will soon. 

I cannot STOP looking at this! How did this game get even better? The ap is making this game insanely good. OK...I'll calm down now. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

15 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

OMG! Amazing. That gives me hope that they'll fix him for skirmish. I haven't been able to get to the ap yet, but I will soon. 

I cannot STOP looking at this! How did this game get even better? The ap is making this game insanely good. OK...I'll calm down now. 

I imagine the app bonuses might serve as the foundation for possible fixes.  In the meantime I'm using them as "semi-official" fixes (they are "official" in the sense that they were made up by FFG but they are not (yet!?) recognized as fixes outside the app)  

2 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

From a thematic point of view YES!  But from a painting point of view ...

True. However if they get tooper/spy/hunter trait I will swallow IT ;);)

I want Inferno Squad like Special Forces TIE-pilots :D  (Would be an interesting new group for the Imps, especially if they add something fresh to the faction in addition to being just awesome)

On 3/1/2018 at 11:36 AM, IanSolo_FFG said:

In the meantime the Boba Fett implemented in the app can serve as a fix.  I think he has become very interesting with the various bonuses.

`

This is how i think Boba Fett could be fixed. He is a bounty hunter so he relies on equipment. It would be awesome if each of those abilities each had their own 0 cost upgrade card that only he can equip.