Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flengin

Armada explains why....

30 posts in this topic

...the Rebels won the Battle of Endor!

Reasons are:

1) The Rebels were attacking and hence had 1st player.

2) They picked the Imperial red objective 'Advanced Gunnery'.  The Imperials chose the Death Star as their objective ship, but....

3) ...the Rebels had brought Home One, commanded by none other than the great fish himself.  Anyone wanna guess who their objective ship was?

4) The Rebels negated the Imperial advantage by moving out of range of the Imperial objective ship.

5) The Death Star failed to destroy the Rebel flagship.

6) THE ISD'S WERE AT SPEED 0!!!!!!!!

7) The Rebel fleet moved in amongst the ISD's, getting double Ackbar broadsides (anyone got a pic, gif or video of the Neb exchanging fire with the ISD?)

8) The Imperials lost their flagship.

9) Did I forget to mention that there was an ACKBAR POWERED HOME ONE ADVANCED GUNNERING SPEED 0 ISD'S?!?!?????

In the end the Rebels won on points, because they destroyed the enemy objective ship, which is worth double.

Any others I missed here?

Edited by Flengin

Obviously the Rebel was cheating.

How do you put Lando on a YT-1300 equipped with either concussion missles (what the falcon is canonically equipped with) or Protons (seemed like an auto crit to me)  Never mind that a single hit took out the Imperial flagship. 

Also, A-Wings can collide with capitol ships?  Taking them out?

What the **** was this rebel player telling the NOOB imperial player?

I also tend to think the Rebel was slow playing him.  "Han will have that shield down!  We gotta give him more time!"

Edited by Deadshane

40 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Don't they all?:P

I'm hurt by this. I only STEAL things, not cheat. My motto is is 'If an imperial has got it, I'm gonna take it.' Plans, ships, fighters, all good for the taking. Occasionally I'll trade for Bothans, never live ones mind you.

Just now, Noosh said:

I'm hurt by this. I only STEAL things, not cheat. My motto is is 'If an imperial has got it, I'm gonna take it.' Plans, ships, fighters, all good for the taking. Occasionally I'll trade for Bothans, never live ones mind you.

I'm afraid to ask what you do with dead Bothans.

anonymousguy and Noosh like this

2 hours ago, Deadshane said:

Also, A-Wings can collide with capitol ships?  Taking them out?

That was obviously Cluster Bombs after that black dice damage which destroyed Executor (after it took several shots of MC80 equipped with XI7).

Flengin and Captain_Nemo like this

Most of the movie battles represent something closer to CC's all-out battle, no?

Larger points values, all the named characters converging, fate of the galaxy up for grabs, etc.

Flengin likes this

5 hours ago, Flengin said:

...the Rebels won the Battle of Endor!

Reasons are:

5) The Death Star failed to destroy the Rebel flagship.

6) THE ISD'S WERE AT SPEED 0!!!!!!!!

8) The Imperials lost their flagship.

In the end the Rebels won on points, because they destroyed the enemy objective ship, which is worth double.

Any others I missed here?

5a) See, the Imperial player was going for points, and didn't count on small, one-man fighters to be a threat to their flagship - so he Concentrated Fire on small, medium ships, and that one MC80L cause it's garbage anyway. 

8a) IMO the Death Star was the flagship, with Palpatine as the Admiral (28pts. Battle Meditation, all ships can add one die of any color to their attack pool once per activation, including anti-squadron armament) and Vader as the officer (7 pts. nullify the upgrade effects of enemy officers at distance 1-2. At  the start of round 5, if Admiral Palpatine is in your fleet, discard his card)

9) Interdictors were deployed in the back, and never made it into the fight, they were only there to shift tokens around. A tactical error on the Imperial player. 

10) Lando made a difference! (YT-1300 Squadron, 26 points) Relay 2, Bomber, Black/Blue Anti Ship,  2Black/1Blue Anti Squad: When attacking a ship or squadron, you may spend a die with a (ACC) face to activate an unactivated friendly squadron at distance 1-3. 

Also, by that point imps lost most of their powerful commanders and officers in the first Death Star explosion and unnessary fleet retiring. Only unique officers left in their pool were Chiraneu and Montferrat.

TTC likes this

52 minutes ago, themightyhedgehog said:

After lando rolled a black hit crit on the Death Star, he did what any good rebel does. Cheat. He slipped a custom damage card that the empire drew. 

Extreme structural damage "your ship is instantly destroyed"

I like many other rebels like to think of it more as 'creative use of Photoshop' with a side of 'external development' and 'free damage deck upgrade' for good measure. ;)

20 hours ago, eliteone said:

10) Lando made a difference! (YT-1300 Squadron, 26 points) Relay 2, Bomber, Black/Blue Anti Ship,  2Black/1Blue Anti Squad: When attacking a ship or squadron, you may spend a die with a (ACC) face to activate an unactivated friendly squadron at distance 1-3. 

That idea is awesome!

Would you mind me making it in kdy?

cynanbloodbane likes this

2 hours ago, Captain_Nemo said:

That idea is awesome!

Would you mind me making it in kdy?

I had no idea a website like KDY existed, that's pretty awesome. Here's the link and my first design lol  - http://kdyards.com/squadrons.view.php?id=4169 

Feels thematic without being OP.

Can get into some jankyness - a ship with two squad activation value can activate Lando+1; Lando rolls, re-roll from Toryn gets the ACC, spend & activate+1. Yavaris activated Lando, ACC is rolled for second attack, activate+1, effectively turning you 2 squadron command into a 4 squadron command,  Add Adar for the even more jank on next squadron command. 

Edited by eliteone

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

I had no idea a website like KDY existed, that's pretty awesome. Here's the link and my first design lol  - http://kdyards.com/squadrons.view.php?id=4169 

Feels thematic without being OP.

Can get into some jankyness - a ship with two squad activation value can activate Lando+1; Lando rolls, re-roll from Toryn gets the ACC, spend & activate+1. Yavaris activated Lando, ACC is rolled for second attack, activate+1, effectively turning you 2 squadron command into a 4 squadron command,  Add Adar for the even more jank on next squadron command. 

Oh, than I’m happy to have brought it up to you. 

And the design seems good aswell,

I normally play empire, i don’t want to play against it - so definitely great design 😂

1 hour ago, Megatronrex said:

KDY is great. I only recently got into it. Be warned though it can get addictive.

I have to agree 😂

Edit:

How is my grammar, etc.?

English is not my first language and i always like to improve :/

Edited by Captain_Nemo
Grammar
Megatronrex and Flengin like this