Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ozmodon

Prized possession question

7 posts in this topic

Removing dice moves them from a player’s dice pool back to 
their matching card.

That doesn't really apply to crime Lord. That is more like if a die was electroshocked.  That's  kind  of saying that action cheating  can override  Crime Lord. Was there ever a FAQ on this? I'm not finding one!

4 hours ago, ozmodon said:

their matching card.

And then you have an override: "and place it here". Removing the dice means what card tell you.

4 hours ago, ozmodon said:

That doesn't really apply to crime Lord. That is more like if a die was electroshocked.  That's  kind  of saying that action cheating  can override  Crime Lord. Was there ever a FAQ on this? I'm not finding one!

Crime Lord?

6 hours ago, ozmodon said:

their matching card.

The card reads: After you play this upgrade, you may remove an opponent's character die and place it here

The rule says: A die cannot be removed unless it is in a player’s dice pool.

And the you have the Golden rule: If the text of a card directly contradicts the rules of the game, the text of the card takes precedence. If you can follow both the rules of the game and the text of the card, do so.

So you have to follow the rules of the game to be able to remove the die, but place the die on Prized Possession instead of the matching card because the text of the card takes precedence.

Ajones47 likes this