BiggsIRL

2018 World Cup Qualifier Event

244 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

Anyone need a game this weekend?

Depends on work, but I'll be free after 2200cst.

Otherwise, Saturday is 50/50.

Either a game store armada tournament happens or doesn't.

Sunday is totally open.

Undeadguy likes this

9 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Depends on work, but I'll be free after 2200cst.

Otherwise, Saturday is 50/50.

Either a game store armada tournament happens or doesn't.

Sunday is totally open.

Saturday or Sunday will work. I'm open both days, so let me know what works best.

I'm getting dinner, back in 30-45.   I'm not eligible,  but I'll ill get a game if nobody else shows up.

Also @BiggsIRL, @Rikashtook the bounty by my own admission.   If you fell the bounty wasn't satisfied,  let me know by PM.

Edited by thecactusman17
BiggsIRL likes this

Second attempted at the bounty is denied!

Antonio brought Quasar, Flechette raiders, 3 Gozantis, with a big sloan ball (Jendon, Marek, Boba, Valen, Saber, Mauler, and 3 TIE Bombers) to try and stem the Y-wing tide. Due to a poor maneuver on my part Admonition succumbed to the fighter ball, but not before popping two Gozanti's on his way through. Meanwhile the Y-wings ate through the rest of the ships. One of my YT-1300's, and one of the HWK-290's died, however in return the Imperial fleet was tabled. 400-113 win for myself. MoV of 287 for a 9-2 win.

PodRacer and BiggsIRL like this

4 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

I'm getting dinner, back in 30-45.   I'm not eligible,  but I'll ill get a game if nobody else shows up.

Also @BiggsIRL, @Rikashtook the bounty by my own admission.   If you fell the bounty wasn't satisfied,  let me know by PM.

I will update tomorrow night.

4 automatic qualifier slots remain!  But if those get filled that doesn't mean the fun has to end.

After those slots are filled, AT LARGE RESERVED slots open up for you to win, in much the same way!

Each player that wins an AT LARGE RESERVED slot will get a number, based on the order in which they qualify for the slot.  When the World Cup begins, any of the 32 slots that aren't filled by a Qualified player for any reason will be filled instead by the lowest number AT LARGE RESERVED slot.

For Example:

Admiral Tidus is the first player to qualify after all 32 qualification slots are closed.   He is given AT LARGE RESERVED (1).

General Sindula is the second player to qualify after the slots are closed.  She is given AT LARGE RESERVED (2).

General Grievous isn't available to play in the World Cup this year.  His slot is given to Admiral Tidus, because he has the lowest number AT LARGE RESERVED slot.

Undeadguy likes this

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

Will the At Large Reserve folks be submitting a list at the same time as the qualifiers?

Pretty much, yeah.

Plus there's a bonus tournament for anyone that wanted to play but couldn't be fit in.

Undeadguy likes this