Ronu

Deuces Wild Event

13 posts in this topic

Curious what could be seen here. So rules are as follows:

No ship with a Native Pilot Skill above 2. 

A build can only have 1 ship with TLT's. 

So I was thinking something along the lines of X-Wings and perhaps a Y or even a pair of Z-95's with Missles.

so say:

Blue Squadron Pilot: R2-D2 IA pattern Analyzer, proton Torps

Blue Squadron Pilot: Targeting Astromech, Vectored Thrusters, PA, Prot Torps

Bandit Squadron: IP Missles and munitions failsafe. X2

trying to find ways to maximize actions as not going to be lots of ways without EPT's. Could do an HWK or U-wing to get some crews out on the board which may help....

Quad blue novice, eight zed/tie fighter, 5 scimitar shuttles with crew, six a-wings (or five with missiles), BBBBZ, the possibilities are endless!

Heck, three Scurgg with cruise missiles and autoblaster turrets should work if you want to be that guy ;)

Summoning @FTS Gecko with a drumroll...

In the mean time:

CRY HAVOC

...AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR

PILOTS

Karthakk Pirate (25) x 3
Scurrg H-6 Bomber (24), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Karthakk Pirate (25)
Scurrg H-6 Bomber (24), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), Havoc (0), Guidance Chips (0), Collision Detector (0)

40 Hull/Shields worth of 3 Dice Primary Weapons fire, with the potential to sacrifice 1 attack per round to double modify the other three. One of them can maroon themselves very slightly more safely, but more importantly is wearing the Captain's Hat to lead the bloodthirsty lot into the scrum.

If this tournament was going on after the release of Guns for Hire, there's a whole new world of cheap generics to fly oodles of...

Bring the only ace, T-70 with EPT droid and VetInst and vectored thrusters. Won't have many mods, but will be the only ship that can properly and consistently arc dodge.

1 hour ago, JSwindy said:

Bring the only ace, T-70 with EPT droid and VetInst and vectored thrusters. Won't have many mods, but will be the only ship that can properly and consistently arc dodge.

I am assuming you talking about. R2-D6. He cannot be on a ship with pilot skill 2 or less. So doesn't work here.

3 hours ago, E Chu Ta said:

Karthakk Pirate (25) x 3
Scurrg H-6 Bomber (24), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Karthakk Pirate (25)
Scurrg H-6 Bomber (24), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), Havoc (0), Guidance Chips (0), Collision Detector (0)

40 Hull/Shields worth of 3 Dice Primary Weapons fire, with the potential to sacrifice 1 attack per round to double modify the other three. One of them can maroon themselves very slightly more safely, but more importantly is wearing the Captain's Hat to lead the bloodthirsty lot into the scrum.

I like 4x Karthakk, but I'd go LRS on all of them, and give each one of the 1-pt bounty hunter crews: Boba Fett, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and Greedo (no way realistic he'll suffer a crit on the first round, due to 5 shields, but if attacking last, he'll probably inflict one).  Getting double-mods goes from 2.25 damage on 3 dice up to 2.81 damage.  On three ships attacking with primary weapons, that adds about 1.6 total damage, less than the average from another shot.  I'd rather have 4 shots, and LRS gives each ship a target lock to start the engagement.

///

3x Lancer might also be good; 3-dice mock-turrets, but only 9 total attack dice.

2x Starkiller Base Pilot with Baffle, Recon Spec, and Weapon's Guidance, and a Delta with /x7 to fill the points.  SBP throwing consistent 4-dice attacks at the highest PS is pretty nice (over 70% chance of 4 hits), but possibly less raw firepower than some lists due to a smaller number of attackers.

4x Tempest with Accuracy Corrector, GC, and Cluster Missiles is a classic, and probably really strong, probably getting 19-20 hits.  If you can get that Range 2 on the opening engagement, that's going to do a lot of damage, probably take a ship or two off the table.  After that, AccC and Evade tokens mean they'll be getting more than they should out of their dice.

///

One thing interesting about the format is that most of the ships where the platform is designed for better arc-dodging have PS1 generics, not PS2.  Interceptors, Strikers, Protectorates, for example.

14 hours ago, Ronu said:

I am assuming you talking about. R2-D6. He cannot be on a ship with pilot skill 2 or less. So doesn't work here.

That's right, wasn't looking at my list builder, was just thinking outloud as it were.

10 hours ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

4x TIE Strikers with an Omicron Group Pilot loaded up!

Ooh but giving up pilot skill for numbers such a tough trade. Especially in this format where you may have more numbers on the other side as well.

I'd think 4 Kashyyk Defenders with Wookie Commandoes would do pretty well. As has been mentioned, you'll probably see a lot of swarms so that reinforce token is going to do a lot of work for you.