Jadotch

What Wave 12/13 upgrade card are you excited about?

37 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Jadotch said:

Well?

For me, as a Rebel player, it is the new Flight xxx Astromech. I cannot wait to see what it is all about. Yours?

Me2

Jadotch likes this

11 minutes ago, Kreen said:

Maul. Super excited for it.

Also, the Gunboat titles. It'll be interesting to see what they do to differentiate it.

I purposely did not put down what do you like (in general) about wave 12/13 because of the Gunboat would win hands down. Ha!

Edited by Jadotch
Kreen likes this

I'm hoping there is a hard counter to the Gunboat.  I never played any of the games it was in so I have no idea what all you fanatics are talking about and can't wait to blast it from the sky.

Edited by pickirk01
Jadotch, vbananas, Kreen and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, pickirk01 said:

I'm hoping there is a hard counter to the Gunboat.  I never played any of the games it was in so I have no idea what all you fanatics are talking about and can't wait to blast it from the sky.

They usually died to my X-wing pretty fast. A-wing to, with missiles of course. I'm going to have to look up that X-wing mission they had them in. I think it was in one of the TADs?

Flight Control Astromech and Maul. I'm most excited about these as we still don't know exactly what they do. 

I'm also excited for Advanced Optics, but we all pretty well know what that card will do, so it's only a little bit less exciting.

Edited by BVRCH

1 hour ago, DR4CO said:

If we're picking upgrades, I'd have to go with Advanced Optics from the Silencer. Poe at PS11 with action efficiency and regen? COME AT ME, NYM!

This, and, yeah, the Astro droid. Also the Primed Thrusters reissue.

BlodVargarna likes this

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

The Gunboat

It's not an upgrade card, you say?

Well, it's an upgrade to the game 

It's an upgrade to my SOUL and my sanity.

I go from bat-**** crazy to mostly bonkers.

Edited by Warlon

Jammer Beam and Scrambler(?) Missiles.

Really curious what exactly they do. Both seem to deal rapsberry(?) :) Jam tokens, the missile presumably several in range 1(?), or 2 at once on same target like a Ion pulse missile. There are 4  Jam tokens in the Kimogila, 2 in the Gunbloat, but both expacs have only 2 Unable-to-fire tokens.

Others of interest are 

new Chopper, totally missed that one, saw it now while looking more closely, seems our cantakerous rostbucket gets a new ability.

Maul, from a game developer point if view, what do they do with him (ability/effect) and faction restriction

Odanan and Kilrex like this

7 hours ago, Kreen said:

Maul. Super excited for it.

Also, the Gunboat titles. It'll be interesting to see what they do to differentiate it.

Darth Maul? What ship is he with?

Missile Boat title

Whatever the tech is that we can't see in the Silencer

Flight Control Astromech.

This might be the wave that finally gets me to dump a massive pile of money into Rebels.

49 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Darth Maul? What ship is he with?

He's crew on the Phantom II shuttle.  For reasons.  Seems to be something like a reverse Zuckuss that lets you stress to reroll your attack dice.

Kreen and Dwing like this

Every time I see a new astromech, I start to get hope for the X and Y wing*. So far it has only led exactly where the 40k players said hope would lead. Flight astro, will you be the one? I've been hurt so many times. 

*Mostly the x wing, but Y could use a li'l nudge up the ladder. 

Edited by grandmoffjoe
Jadotch likes this

So they find a way to get Maul into the civil war area and its in the Rebel faction... Anyways, not going to get the shuttle, så no faction confused Maul for me.

6 minutes ago, Dwing said:

So they find a way to get Maul into the civil war area and its in the Rebel faction... Anyways, not going to get the shuttle, så no faction confused Maul for me.

The shuttle is quite ugly, but a 12 points dedicated coordinator it's not nonsense.

In the imperial side is 30 points a piece...

I'm willing to see the Linked Battery upgrade. I'm a converted believer for the Gunboat Cult.

Finally an interesting imperial ship (i'm looking at you TIE Aggressor)

Odanan likes this

31 minutes ago, grandmoffjoe said:

Every time I see a new astromech, I start to get hope for the X and Y wing*. So far it has only led exactly where the 40k players said hope would lead. Flight astro, will you be the one? I've been hurt so many times. 

*Mostly the x wing, but Y could use a li'l nudge up the ladder. 

IF it does what we think it does and IF it's priced correctly...

It should be very good for generic X and (BTL) Y Wings, and maybe even non-corran E Wings as well.

It looks like it'll be 'after you execute a manouevre, if you didn't bump or cross a rock, and there's an enemy in your arc at range x-y, you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action'.

FOr 1 or 2 points that's very solid, and combos very well with Intensity.

So it'll probably be 3 :(