Sign in to follow this  
Daht

Visiting Inverness, Scotland for a week or so..

I won't have my stuff, or time to really play (vacationing with the wife), but will have some free-roam time, is there any good Armada/gaming spots apart from the GW store in town?

Shame you wont have your stuff, Im in Reay (about 2.5 hours north of Inverness, but I regularly head down there). There's a few good pubs but apart from the GW im not up on hobby locations there (there's a club in Thurso and Wick near me).

If you're vacationing there and fancy an adventure, there's the north coast 500! The area around Lochinver and Ullapool is best.

Apologies most of this isn't related to Armada, but have a good time!

I will probably have SRG Supershow (card game) but transporting and taking most of a day to set up/play Armada isn't in the cards as it's a family vacation,  and I do want to take in as much as I can with time I'm there, but will have some open exploration time.   General to-do stuff there is welcome also, as we *were* going to Costa Rica but it's now underwater, and this is a 3 week notice change.

17 hours ago, Daht said:

I will probably have SRG Supershow (card game) but transporting and taking most of a day to set up/play Armada isn't in the cards as it's a family vacation,  and I do want to take in as much as I can with time I'm there, but will have some open exploration time.   General to-do stuff there is welcome also, as we *were* going to Costa Rica but it's now underwater, and this is a 3 week notice change.

When do you arrive in Inverness? Ref. an Armada game i have my stuff if you wanted/ had time to play a game (of course bearing in mind its a family holiday).

Ref. things to do, look up the North Coast 500 for certain - as I mentioned there are certain parts of it that are best (the Western edge of the course) so doing the whole thing isn't necessary. Im assuming you're renting a car/ camper van etc? 

Of course there's Loch Ness near to Inverness (west), a tourist staple. Cawdor castle (of Macbeth fame) is to the east as well.

If you're really ranging about, a trip to the Isle of Skye is a great option. Its a trip of approximately three hours from Inverness to the island capital Portree, with some amazing sights along the journey (including an absolute classic example of a Scottish castle on a loch, whose name escapes me - its directly on the route so you wouldn't miss it). 

The area works well for people who like to explore, and this exploring combines your aim of taking in as much as possible with your open exploration time. 

landing the 29th leaving the 5th or 6th (timezones and such.. wife has the newly drawn up itinerary)..   we will be exploring a lot.  I will be hopping in the gw and another local game shop at some point, but not sure if I can clear hours to play armada :)