Sign in to follow this  
Jukey

How to carry the moose?

I'm running into a problem with cyndedwine, her moose antlers are enormous and doesn't fit in my carry case. Any solutions to this? Suggestions on a box that holds her snugly?

Pluck foam would be nice but it's hard finding it in a depth of more than 3 or 4 inches.

Recently I made a box with a couple of shelves that I covered in thin sheet metal.  After glueing refrigerator magnet material to the bottom of my trays it made storage and transport a breeze.  It's nice because you don't have to worry about bending or breaking pressure from foam

2 hours ago, Click5 said:

Recently I made a box with a couple of shelves that I covered in thin sheet metal.  After glueing refrigerator magnet material to the bottom of my trays it made storage and transport a breeze.  It's nice because you don't have to worry about bending or breaking pressure from foam

Pictures or it didn't happen!

41 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I'm on my phone so it's a bit of pain to post pictures here. There's a couple in the storage solution thread on page three though

3 hours ago, Click5 said:

I'm on my phone so it's a bit of pain to post pictures here. There's a couple in the storage solution thread on page three though

Get the Imgur app.  It'll take photos straight to your account where you can get an image link to post in threads.  Real easy.

I'd like to stick with pluck foam since that's how the rest of the army is stored. Those custom carry boxes someone was making out of cardboard might work well, but I forget where I saw them in the forums.

6 minutes ago, Jukey said:

I'd like to stick with pluck foam since that's how the rest of the army is stored. Those custom carry boxes someone was making out of cardboard might work well, but I forget where I saw them in the forums.

if you know what you want, why query :P. 

Sir willibalds tuckboxes are what you are looking for. He probably has not gotten that far yet, as it is very new.

Edited by Darthain

This doesn't exactly answer your question but may provide a solution.  For games, I bring the character base from the core set and then just use the infantry Maeghan.  I don't use her with leonx riders though.

Again not an answer to your exact question but may provide a solution. 

f4dOeKT.jpg

My storage, while spears fit in the 2" trays fine, cav are a bit taller, especially my spear cav.  So I made a 'lid' on stilts to about 3.5" with a 1" tray and some square plasticard rod.  I store taller units like so.  The sides and bottom are lined with galvanized steel flashing, and my trays have all had magnets added to the bottoms for transport.  Need to do my side tall tray for elves soon as well.  The moose will be stored like the golem. 

2 hours ago, darkjawa103 said:

Would she fit, or more accurately, does the Moose fit if you use her as part of Leonx riders?

You mean are you able to put her in the unit without her antlers knocking over other leonx riders?

If that is what you are asking, yes she fits.