Sign in to follow this  
Togashi Bey

Broken Province Questions

So I know that when a province is broken, the attacker can choose to have the dynasty card on the province discarded.

Is that a 1 time thing, or does the player with the broken province have to discard any face up dynasty card on a broken province at the end of the current conflict phase?

Also, I see in the rules that no actions can be activated from cards on a broken province. So this essentially means that any holding on a broken province is worthless correct? 

5 minutes ago, Togashi Bey said:

So I know that when a province is broken, the attacker can choose to have the dynasty card on the province discarded.

Is that a 1 time thing, or does the player with the broken province have to discard any face up dynasty card on a broken province at the end of the current conflict phase?

Also, I see in the rules that no actions can be activated from cards on a broken province. So this essentially means that any holding on a broken province is worthless correct? 

From what I read in the rules, the abilities on provinces cannot be used if the province is broken. holdings on provinces should still work.

And yes, anything face up is discarded, I just can't remember where it says that.

Edit: Ah, here we go, step 5.3

In player order, each player must discard each faceup card from each his or her broken provinces, and also has the opportunity to choose and discard any number of faceup dynasty cards from his or her unbroken provinces.

Edited by RandomJC

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

From what I read in the rules, the abilities on provinces cannot be used if the province is broken. holdings on provinces should still work.

And yes, anything face up is discarded, I just can't remember where it says that.

Oh, I was reading it that any card currently placed on the province could not activate abilities. Thanks for the clarification!

Just now, Togashi Bey said:

Oh, I was reading it that any card currently placed on the province could not activate abilities. Thanks for the clarification!

No problem :)

Also, your question about removing from broken provinces is in the back of the RR, under the details on the turn, step 5.3