Jump to content
kmanweiss

Armada is dead! (/s)

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

As the representative of the Plastic Crack syndicate, I am proud to report that The Dark One, formerly known as Admiral Nelson, remains locked in his prison of bitterness and rage. The grammatical lock we placed upon his cell, remains safely sealed. ;)

 

I feel secure in your ability to contain the darkness after witnessing the might of your fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManInTheBox said:

It saddens me that the first post that comes up if you Google"star wars armada forums" is that rage filled diatribe.

Then be sad no more! For I just googled it, and my result was 'Hi everyone! New to the forums.' and the 'Welcome!' post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Then be sad no more! For I just googled it, and my result was 'Hi everyone! New to the forums.' and the 'Welcome!' post.

 

You're right!! Grumpy Nelson's post was there for over a year, it must have just changed!
Edit: Hmm, it still comes up when searching on my PC. I must have a Nelson filter bubble.

Edited by ManInTheBox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 25th was our last article. I know Armada isn't going anywhere for a bit, but it's still rough to keep interest/promote new interest in the game in my community when people see that it's been nearly 2 months since FFG even glanced at "it's second best selling miniatures game". /bitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the frustration...I feel it too.  But this is the way it is, and the way it always has been.

I came in right after wave 2 dropped and other then announcement articles and release articles we have had one series of articles.  The fleet building contest that was held right before wave thor. It was awesome and I would love it if they had another contest or series of articles that engaged the fan base, but it just isn’t going to happen. 

We will have news....eventually, and we will create a ton of threads based on that news and then there will be silence again until the next announcement or release.

this is the cycle we are in...a cycle of frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mcworrell said:

I get the frustration...I feel it too.  But this is the way it is, and the way it always has been.

I came in right after wave 2 dropped and other then announcement articles and release articles we have had one series of articles.  The fleet building contest that was held right before wave thor. It was awesome and I would love it if they had another contest or series of articles that engaged the fan base, but it just isn’t going to happen. 

We will have news....eventually, and we will create a ton of threads based on that news and then there will be silence again until the next announcement or release.

this is the cycle we are in...a cycle of frustration.

It's FFGs hype system.  And it's actually understandable.

They announce a product in order to revitalize interest in that product line.  They want to control the info, so they release the info instead of letting it leak out through some other source.

Next, they plan out several articles about the product, and they release those articles once a week up until release week for that product.  This generates hype right before the product launches.

We, the players would prefer those articles to be released once a month, or every other week instead of all right before release...but that doesn't work well for FFG.  Due to production and shipping and the potential delays that can occur, if they try to guess at the release date in time to slow drip the info to us, they'd end up with possibly weeks of no articles right before release...this would actually probably be worse.  Announcement, months of articles, then no word about anything for 2 months due to a shipping delay, then suddenly release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kmanweiss said:

Due to production and shipping and the potential delays that can occur, if they try to guess at the release date in time to slow drip the info to us, they'd end up with possibly weeks of no articles right before release...this would actually probably be worse.  Announcement, months of articles, then no word about anything for 2 months due to a shipping delay, then suddenly release.

Oh, Wave 2!!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

Not only is Armada a dead game, but they will never release the Chimera, OR the Profundity! We may only forever look at the preview and pine away over what could have been.   Mwahahahaha!

itsatrap.jpg

Hahahaha, real funny one ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X-Wing player it sure does feel dead. Just comparing lack of resources on the net compared to X-Wing. The fleet builders are really bareboned compared to X and while the blogs/sites for Armada are good there is really only a couple compared to X. I would kill for a fleet builder on a browser that lets me input and save what I own and then tell me what I need to buy to complete a fleet list.   Also would be nice if the builders were updated with the FAQ's

Edited by Nastrado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got curious, checked the top mini games as of Spring 2017:

1

Star Wars X-Wing

ANA/Fantasy Flight Games

2

Warhammer 40K

Games Workshop

3

D&D Nolzur’s Marvelous Minis

WizKids

4

Star Wars Armada

ANA/Fantasy Flight Games

5

Warmachine

Privateer Press

I mean, FFG "could" decide to bin off the 4th best seller overall (in a tough field this year to boot - 40k and Warmachine upped their game), BUT.... Really? 

I think we can hold the line against the Admiral Nelson acolytes a while a longer... Well, til late November, then the prack withdrawal may get the better of me... :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nastrado said:

X-Wing player it sure does feel dead. Just comparing lack of resources on the net compared to X-Wing. The fleet builders are really bareboned compared to X and while the blogs/sites for Armada are good there is really only a couple compared to X. I would kill for a fleet builder on a browser that lets me input and save what I own and then tell me what I need to buy to complete a fleet list.   Also would be nice if the builders were updated with the FAQ's

Have you tried Fabs?

http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

Lets you put your collection in and build off of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nastrado said:

X-Wing player it sure does feel dead. Just comparing lack of resources on the net compared to X-Wing. The fleet builders are really bareboned compared to X and while the blogs/sites for Armada are good there is really only a couple compared to X. I would kill for a fleet builder on a browser that lets me input and save what I own and then tell me what I need to buy to complete a fleet list.   Also would be nice if the builders were updated with the FAQ's

Fab's does all of this. Armada Fleets Designer does all of this except be browser-based, and gets the performance advantage that goes along with being native instead.

When you say "updated with the FAQ's," I assume you mean erratas? In that case, AFD does, not sure about any others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nastrado said:

X-Wing player it sure does feel dead. Just comparing lack of resources on the net compared to X-Wing. The fleet builders are really bareboned compared to X and while the blogs/sites for Armada are good there is really only a couple compared to X. I would kill for a fleet builder on a browser that lets me input and save what I own and then tell me what I need to buy to complete a fleet list.   Also would be nice if the builders were updated with the FAQ's

If you have an Android, this app rocks. It also tracks collections and is updated with FAQ. 

https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

I find both Ryan Kingstons and Armada Warlords fleet builders to be very well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...