Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rettere

Nym Hunter Han Needs a Wingman

16 posts in this topic

So, here is my idea for hunting down PS10 Nym's:

1 • Han Solo - swx57 - Millennium Falcon - Veteran Instincts - Kanan Jarrus - Kyle Katarn - Engine Upgrade - Millennium Falcon - swx57 (58)

He moves last, can Sloop & get a free focus, then take an action (boost to get in range or TL if already in range). If not so concerned about PS11, then you could drop VI for PtL and use Kanan/Kyle every turn instead of just on sloops.

Two questions - do you think this would be any good, and if so, who should his wingman be?

Seems solid to me, but I haven't really played much Falcon.

You could build a really light Leebo without the title, which is something I'm considering if/when I get the YT-2400, you can easily build him for 40 points.

Maybe Poe Dameron (PS 9) with R2-D2, Primed Thrusters, Vectored Thrusters, Veteran Instincts, and Black One for 42 points on the nose? I feel like you want high Evade ship in there with Han, likely one with a solid dial like the T-70. Or maybe the ARC-170 or Gunship. 

Or you could go Z-95 mini-swarm! :D

1 hour ago, Rettere said:

So, here is my idea for hunting down PS10 Nym's:

1 • Han Solo - swx57 - Millennium Falcon - Veteran Instincts - Kanan Jarrus - Kyle Katarn - Engine Upgrade - Millennium Falcon - swx57 (58)

He moves last, can Sloop & get a free focus, then take an action (boost to get in range or TL if already in range). If not so concerned about PS11, then you could drop VI for PtL and use Kanan/Kyle every turn instead of just on sloops.

Two questions - do you think this would be any good, and if so, who should his wingman be?

If your only doing this for sloops, just go VI Rey and a bid to move after Nym. Han doesnt necessarily need to sloop or keep ships in arc, so might as well get Reys benefit of in-arc if that's what you are going for.

theBitterFig and ModernPenguin like this

Eventually you could drop VI and take Push the limit when you have Kannan in your list. When you have an arc PS is sufficient in my opinion.

This build is succesful (use old title though)

Partner: Jake?

23 minutes ago, wurms said:

If your only doing this for sloops, just go VI Rey and a bid to move after Nym. Han doesnt necessarily need to sloop or keep ships in arc, so might as well get Reys benefit of in-arc if that's what you are going for.

I agree.  I think you would get more out of the old title.  I get the free focus idea of Kanan/Kyle, but Han really doesn't need to sloop.  It just makes you predicatable.  And you don't want to be predictable.

If it's scum Nym with autoblaster, than stay out of range 1 and the bombs, if it's rebel Nym with TLT, than you get in close, deal with bomb damage, and burn down as fast as possible.

As for a sidekick, I would say lothal rebel.  A 16 hull ship doesn't care too much about bombs.  Autoblaster, FCS, and crew to your taste.  Hera and Ezra are a fun combo, you can stay stressed and don't really need actions.

Thanks for the input everyone. Yeah I definitely want to be less predictable. I like the idea of dropping Kyle and the sloop title in favor of something like Navigator... What do you think of this?

[ REBEL SQUADRON (100 points)
1 • Han Solo - swx57 - Millennium Falcon - Veteran Instincts - Navigator (50)
2 • "Leebo" - YT-2400 - Lone Wolf - Heavy Laser Cannon - Rey - Outrider (50)

19 minutes ago, Rettere said:

Thanks for the input everyone. Yeah I definitely want to be less predictable. I like the idea of dropping Kyle and the sloop title in favor of something like Navigator... What do you think of this?

Is the SWX57 tge Force Awakens version of Han? His other pilot card is better, I believe. 

49 minutes ago, Rettere said:

There is a PS11 Han thread recently that you may want to check out.

I fly Han with Navigator and Rey crew and its cool right now in the meta.

Edited by wurms

Miranda is almost always a solid winger.  TLT, Bomblets, and then who cares.  Whatever other trash you want to throw on there.  Sabine+LRS is 40 points.

I'm going to try running this list with VI Han at the next league night, anyone have any suggestions for improvement? PS11 Navigator Han sounds like it could be quite useful against PS10 Nym and TLTs, and fun to fly to boot!

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Sabine Wren (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Cluster Mines (4)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Han Solo (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
Navigator (3)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by TzeentchMensch

Well if you only have the new falcon I would also suggest going for rey instead. 

If you are dead set on your set up, put ptl in there. It's 3 action a turn on a turret ship. 

For wingman, miranda with TLT Sabine and bomblet is probably your best bet. A lothal Rebel could be considered, but it might be harder to play with a big ship without a BR. 

20 minutes ago, ModernPenguin said:

Well if you only have the new falcon I would also suggest going for rey instead. 

If you are dead set on your set up, put ptl in there. It's 3 action a turn on a turret ship. 

For wingman, miranda with TLT Sabine and bomblet is probably your best bet. A lothal Rebel could be considered, but it might be harder to play with a big ship without a BR. 

The whole plan was to use PS11 Han w/ Navigator to dodge PS10 Nym's bombs, and get into range 1 of TLT-users.

PTL is interesting, potentially giving you focus, evade, and TL all in the same turn, but then you are once again susceptible to PS10 Nym and his constant bomb damage.

I'm considering moving some stuff around to grab Engine Upgrade for additional bomb/arc-dodging capability.

Edited by TzeentchMensch

Yeah I would also say the whole point is a PS11 Han... but you are right that the new Han is not as good for this as the old one. Here's my current thinking, if I can get my hands on old Han.

1 • Han Solo - swx06 - - Veteran Instincts - Rey - Navigator (52)
2 • Gold Squadron Pilot - Y-wing - Twin Laser Turret (24)
3 • Gold Squadron Pilot - Y-wing - Twin Laser Turret (24)