Autosketch

Relentless Pursuit: A Preview of the 181st Sq. TIE Expansion Pack for X-Wing™ (custom)

10 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I don't know about that title at 0 being over-costed in the current meta. Really? It's so **** tough to run these beauties now and being able to attack on a blocker or on a ship you blocked might make these little birds fly again, but the points are already strangling them. Just my opinion pre-pint: 0 point Titles are the best and are appropriate as they are meant to buff the chassis.

Again, good work, don't stop...I'm on board.

I'm not in disagreement at all. It's tough, I might drop it to a point, 0 is definitely too low, the title really packs a punch. I'm probably happy going a little low on the title and a little high on the other EPT, because I really don't want to be buffing fel in any way. After I've played these for a few more weeks, I should have a better spread of data and will recost appropriately?

1 minute ago, Arkanta974 said:

Another mistake : All tie interceptor have Soontir baseplate :)

More a tribute to FFG Articles ? ;)

Armada did a good job for Interceptor too :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars-armada/images/f/fd/G17a1_layout.png/revision/latest?cb=20170829015731

Why FFG ? Give us more pilots !

aha! you found the second ;) and definitely a tribute, but in my case its because photoshopping in new names on an angled base didn't seem as fun as the rest.

well it's not Ciena Ree, but I'll see about adding her too. This one is DS-181-4. A total glass cannon, who gets more powerful (and more luck dependent) the more he is shot at. Sort of like a swarm leader Jess. A lack of an EPT means he probably won't be taking the RGP pilot title to get a targeting computer, so it's really a case of running that fine line of spending the focus and evade to get 5 dice, and hoping for a good roll, or finding some innovative way to assign him extra tokens in combat.

see what you think.
cVdoewh.png

37 minutes ago, citruscannon said:

well it's not Ciena Ree, but I'll see about adding her too. This one is DS-181-4. A total glass cannon, who gets more powerful (and more luck dependent) the more he is shot at. Sort of like a swarm leader Jess. A lack of an EPT means he probably won't be taking the RGP pilot title to get a targeting computer, so it's really a case of running that fine line of spending the focus and evade to get 5 dice, and hoping for a good roll, or finding some innovative way to assign him extra tokens in combat.

see what you think.
cVdoewh.png

I would make him a lower PS (4?) and consequentially cheaper.

9 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I would make him a lower PS (4?) and consequentially cheaper.

Does that make him too strong though? Not averse to it, I set him at 6 to be a semi-canonical wingman to Turr Phennir, so 1 lower.
ability wise though it certainly makes him more powerful. 

13 hours ago, citruscannon said:

Does that make him too strong though? Not averse to it, I set him at 6 to be a semi-canonical wingman to Turr Phennir, so 1 lower.
ability wise though it certainly makes him more powerful. 

Too strong? I don't think so. This is an expensive (and very fragile) ship, after all.

Edited by Odanan

2 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

How could you have the 181st without their wing commander?

CzvATg1.jpg

mostly because of this:
"Derricote served as commander of the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing. Under his command, the 181st was an undisciplined TIE pilot wing widely considered one of the worst in the Empire. The 181st chambers were cluttered and pilots lounged in their undershirts, drank while on duty, and spoke informally to superior officers. ... Derricote not only recognized the wing's poor reputation, but he embraced it, dubbing the wing the "One-Eighty-Worst," and allowing a banner reading "The Emperor's Forgotten Ones" to be draped in the pilot's quarters."

trying to fix the 181st ;)

here's a crack at Ciena Ree. I tried to have an ability that was defensively potent and very useful for teammates, but didn't somehow make their defense rolls better. But with Ree around, your wingmates will fly better. (art is a blend of stock images, some Darren Tan art on the backdrop, all mashed up in photoshop). Priced 2pts higher relative to the other ps4s as it would be (for PTL aces, probably the best ability of the bunch around this skill level. would bump it to r1-2 if you felt this was too short)

K0faOyh.png

Edited by citruscannon

On 14/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, citruscannon said:

here's a crack at Ciena Ree. I tried to have an ability that was defensively potent and very useful for teammates, but didn't somehow make their defense rolls better. But with Ree around, your wingmates will fly better. (art is a blend of stock images, some Darren Tan art on the backdrop, all mashed up in photoshop). Priced 2pts higher relative to the other ps4s as it would be (for PTL aces, probably the best ability of the bunch around this skill level. would bump it to r1-2 if you felt this was too short)

K0faOyh.png

She's better tham that.

Give her a better PS, increased range (for the ability) and maybe an Ept.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:16 PM, citruscannon said:

K0faOyh.png

Honestly, I would give her a PS bump to 6 at least, give an EPT, and make the ability "After removing an [evade] token...]. That way, she ends up stress free at the end of every round with PTL as long as she takes an evade.

6 minutes ago, Odanan said:

She's better tham that.

Give her a better PS, increased range (for the ability) and maybe an Ept.

4 minutes ago, spartan1128 said:

Honestly, I would give her a PS bump to 6 at least, give an EPT, and make the ability "After removing an [evade] token...]. That way, she ends up stress free at the end of every round with PTL as long as she takes an evade.

being a stress-free interceptor was the intention, why would the wording need to change from removing an evade? I was thinking I was being consistent with the use of 'spend'.
PS was set to 4 as a stress free interceptor felt pretty similar to Ryad in terms of potency of ability. My understanding was that Thane was the better pilot of the two, she was the better commander, so PS4 might be right spot for her. That said, I think a very strong ramp up in terms of her ability to improve the squad is viable. 
So if we went "After spending a [focus] or [evade] token, you may remove 1 stress token from a friendly ship at Range 1-2". And gave her an EPT for balance so she isn't forced to take the blood stripes title. You've got an interceptor that you can send out ahead, who can rescue another ship (or herself) from stress-based attacks, PTL, and other stress mechanics. Effectively making her a very valuable team player to the squad, but not herself an ace.
If you had a way to feed her tokens, you could be removing 3 stress from your squad a turn, which is just plain bananas.
I think this might fit in terms of fluffiness and balance. 

31 minutes ago, citruscannon said:

being a stress-free interceptor was the intention, why would the wording need to change from removing an evade? I was thinking I was being consistent with the use of 'spend'.
PS was set to 4 as a stress free interceptor felt pretty similar to Ryad in terms of potency of ability. My understanding was that Thane was the better pilot of the two, she was the better commander, so PS4 might be right spot for her. That said, I think a very strong ramp up in terms of her ability to improve the squad is viable. 
So if we went "After spending a [focus] or [evade] token, you may remove 1 stress token from a friendly ship at Range 1-2". And gave her an EPT for balance so she isn't forced to take the blood stripes title. You've got an interceptor that you can send out ahead, who can rescue another ship (or herself) from stress-based attacks, PTL, and other stress mechanics. Effectively making her a very valuable team player to the squad, but not herself an ace.
If you had a way to feed her tokens, you could be removing 3 stress from your squad a turn, which is just plain bananas.
I think this might fit in terms of fluffiness and balance. 

Ohh, she can remove stress from herself! Forget what I said!

It needs to be "remove" instead of "spend" because "spend" means you have to use the token during an attack/defense/ability. "Remove" means whenever you remove the token, like spending it during an attack/defense/ability, but the important part is that you "remove" the token during the end phase if it was not "spent" earlier. 

The reason this is important is it enables her ability to but much more versatile. In the current wording if she never gets attacked her ability will never trigger.

5 minutes ago, spartan1128 said:

It needs to be "remove" instead of "spend" because "spend" means you have to use the token during an attack/defense/ability. "Remove" means whenever you remove the token, like spending it during an attack/defense/ability, but the important part is that you "remove" the token during the end phase if it was not "spent" earlier. 

The reason this is important is it enables her ability to but much more versatile. In the current wording if she never gets attacked her ability will never trigger.

Ohh, I see what you mean. Yea, I think there's two ways about it. I'd like this to be something where the opponent has a measure of control, as it means you can then use her for interesting tactics. Send her in first, force them to shoot her. Or they don't, to avoid the ability but then she's probably got better positioning on her shots. 

I think spending works, but what I've done is added in focus and bumped up the range to a much bigger band. so basically, if she shoots, she removes a focus from herself or a friend. if she is shot at and shoots, she's gonna remove two. So it's a pretty wild ability that punishes shooting at her by improving the rest of the squad. Fits the whole dedication to the empire and her team-mates over her own safety thing as well, which seems like a nice fit.

Edited by citruscannon

6 hours ago, AwesomeJedi said:

To match other cards, like Jake Farrel, Ciena Ree should say "After spending a Focus or Evade Token, you may remove 1 stress token from a friendly ship at Range 1-2."

Good job @citruscannon!

ah yea, good point. I suppose DS-181-4 gets that treatment as well

Edited by citruscannon

55 minutes ago, citruscannon said:

ah yea, good point. I suppose DS-181-4 gets that treatment as well

But make sure not to give the same treatment to Vult Skerris. Result icons are displayed while action icons are not on Pilot cards.

17 hours ago, AwesomeJedi said:

But make sure not to give the same treatment to Vult Skerris. Result icons are displayed while action icons are not on Pilot cards.

yep!

17 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Congrats, you've done more testing in this thread than FFG has done for the last three waves combined. 

ha..haha. PS10 Nym. :(

I would echo what others have said and say that the Tactical Discipline EPT needs to be lowered to 2 points. Predator lets you re-roll any attack die with no restrictions and is 3 points. Lone Wolf is much more similar to Tactical Discipline in that it works on blanks only, works on both offense and defense, and has one restriction and is costed at 2.

16 minutes ago, spartan1128 said:

I would echo what others have said and say that the Tactical Discipline EPT needs to be lowered to 2 points. Predator lets you re-roll any attack die with no restrictions and is 3 points. Lone Wolf is much more similar to Tactical Discipline in that it works on blanks only, works on both offense and defense, and has one restriction and is costed at 2.

true, but what I'm really worried about here is if it's too good for soontir and jax at 2 points. I mean, it will be good, but I don't want it to add too much of an edge to these ships.