Cusm

Q4 kit?

Did anyone notice that the BBC Alt Art cards are now the size of the Squadron cards?  Anyone know why the heck FFG decided to change the size of the cards?  I know Alt Art cards for Admirals/Commanders are full size, but until now all upgrades were the standard FFG mini size.  

No-one knows.

Possibly because its Awesome art that would be lost in the smaller size.

Possibly because its a Mistake.

Possibly because its going to be that way going forward.

Possibly because its Cheaper.

Nothing has been announced on it, so there is no official statement in any direction.

3 hours ago, LT BDP said:

Did anyone notice that the BBC Alt Art cards are now the size of the Squadron cards?  Anyone know why the heck FFG decided to change the size of the cards?  I know Alt Art cards for Admirals/Commanders are full size, but until now all upgrades were the standard FFG mini size.  

With the assumption the MC-75 isn't doing anything weird, then it's a flotilla-exclusive slot.

I already store those upgrades with my ship cards and titles, rather than with the other upgrades, for that reason. It surprised me that making them medium size surprised other people.

22 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Large upgrades are wrong. I can't fit them on my command deck.

Yup, there are lots of people with these kinds of logistical reasons not to use off-size AAs. 

Our storage and usage solutions optimized for the small cards:  command decks, tourney trays, card folders, storage boxes, etc. Yes, it seems like a small gripe, but it's actually a moderately significant impact for some people, with very little gain. 

If I have to split between looking in the place where all the rest of my upgrade cards are and the place where my AAs are, I'm just not going to use the AAs 90% of the time; especially in casual games.  If I have my command decks sized to take small cards and the AA doesn't fit in them, I'm just not going to use the AA.  And I want to use my AAs--that's why I have them.

It's not a huge deal, but that's why I personally object to the bigger size.

52 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Yup, there are lots of people with these kinds of logistical reasons not to use off-size AAs. 

Our storage and usage solutions optimized for the small cards:  command decks, tourney trays, card folders, storage boxes, etc. Yes, it seems like a small gripe, but it's actually a moderately significant impact for some people, with very little gain. 

If I have to split between looking in the place where all the rest of my upgrade cards are and the place where my AAs are, I'm just not going to use the AAs 90% of the time; especially in casual games.  If I have my command decks sized to take small cards and the AA doesn't fit in them, I'm just not going to use the AA.  And I want to use my AAs--that's why I have them.

It's not a huge deal, but that's why I personally object to the bigger size.

I fully agree. I'll collect the alt arts just to have them, but even giant Dodonna is hard for me to use since it doesn't fit into the tray. BCC really sucks because I like the art a lot, but it will slide off my tray when I move. And now I have to split my upgrade collection because this won't fit with the other fleet support upgrades which is WRONG. It all has to go together and be organized. 

Why couldn't FFG give us giant Rapid Reload instead of giant BCC?

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

What were they thinking with the giant sized BCC? It was surely not made for practical reasons 

One could argue that none of the Alt-Arts are done for practical reasons.

...  the original upgrades are Practical.  The Alternates are artistic:D

Looking on the Upcoming page, there seems to be a larger than normal amount at the printers, presumably getting ready for the Christmas season. If you combine that with just having printed the heavyweight TI4, loads of plastic needed for Legion (the new shiny thing that they have to plug like mad and make a success) and the new XW stuff (which I am happy about), is it any wonder there is no room at the inn? W7 might not be still under development or testing but simply they don't have a status of waiting to be printed.

Or......play testing is throwing out real issues - presumably with the Profundity title and Raduus commander cards.

I don't know that I'll ever use BCC anytime soon, or ever for that matter; it just doesn't fit with my playstyle and list preferences. I do know that with the decision to make the alt-art BCC full-sized, I know I won't ever use that specific alt-art and it will be filed away some place I won't ever have to look at it. Dislike.

36 minutes ago, Gallanteer said:

The expansions for Legion are now shown as in development. Anyone fancy a bet thet they'll get to the printers before W7?

Sadly I believe they will make it to the printer before our wave does. The ffg Twitter announced that legion’s wave one will be available at the same time as the core set.  

16 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

The expansions for Legion are now shown as in development. Anyone fancy a bet thet they'll get to the printers before W7?

Legion is the new hotness, it will certainly be hitting the printers in full force to start getting it onto store shelves.  It's looking at a 2018 Q1 release (probably meaning Feb), meaning we likely won't see W7 for Armada on shelves until March or late, I'd guess.