Celestial Lizards

Will the GUNBOAT have folding wings?

47 posts in this topic

Shouldn't expect it, but look at the model closer: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/08/draftx-wing-and-then-suddenly-gunboats.html 

Towards the middle of the page is a close-up of the model. Observe the seams on the wings. They look like they could fold up...

And they never said the Striker and Upsilon and Lambda would have folding wings, either...

Do we dare dream?

Edited by Celestial Lizards
GrimmyV, Odanan and lntrn8 like this

Looks to me like the seam doesn't carry through the whole wing. I think it shows where it WOULD articulate, but I would be pretty surprised if the model actually does.

I mean, people will do it, but it will be custom jobs, not straight out of the package.

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

the Lambda, Upsilon and even Striker do

Ths Striker's articulated wings gives me hope, and folding wings would make the models much easier to store/transport, but frankly, I'm just going to be happy to finally see the Gunboat on the table!

19 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Ths Striker's articulated wings gives me hope, and folding wings would make the models much easier to store/transport, but frankly, I'm just going to be happy to finally see the Gunboat on the table!

So say we all.

gencon-xwing-04.jpgIt looks like the seam on the side pods is where the wings were glued to the fuselage, and the upper wing does not look like it would allow for the proper fold to occur unless theres a very complicated double joint under that wing.

Edited by GrimmyV
MaxPower, lntrn8 and Odanan like this

I own a Gunboat model 3D printed on Shapeways.

It is in size of a Punisher and all four wings do fold, although smaller ones are quite fragile in this regard.

In my opinion it is quite likely when it comes to the larger wings, but possible with all four. Given it is in plastic.

Celestial Lizards and lntrn8 like this

5 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

It looks like the seam on the side pods is where the wings were glued to the fuselage, and the upper wing does not look like it would allow for the proper fold to occur unless theres a very complicated double joint under that wing.

The upper seam on the wings does look painted on.  I'm guessing no folding, but I don't mind.

Odanan likes this

Looking at pictures of the GUNBOAT, it seems people can't decide where the engines go: on the back of the missile pods, or two in the center, or a big F-16 engine in the back.

GrimmyV likes this

23 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Also, why doesn't have 3 attack dice or a turret upgrade-primary?  Makes no sense.

Lore. Gunboat had no turret in the PC games. It's primary weapon was no better than a tie fighter so two dice is appropriate.

Now, where the Gunboat shined was in unloading ordnance. Lots and lots of ordnance.

In later games, you could link the primary and ion cannon to fire both with the same attack.... Maybe a card will work that way similar to how btl works for a ywing?

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

In later games, you could link the primary and ion cannon to fire both with the same attack.... Maybe a card will work that way similar to how btl works for a ywing?

I imagine that mechanic is represented by Linked Batteries.

Arma Quattro and Odanan like this

31 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Unfortunately, it looks like it won't. :(

gencon-xwing-04.jpg

But oh, God, if this babe has folding wings, I might die of happiness. 

This si the one that made me thing is woudl, but looking again, I've changed my mind.  The upper wings at the very least arc clearly part of the missile pods at the back.

Odanan and GrimmyV like this

18 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

I imagine that mechanic is represented by Linked Batteries.

Maybe, though it sounds like the linked is more of a reroll instead of a double tap like a tie/d

14 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

It's actually probable the GUNBOAT will fold up because only the lower wings fold.

Xg-1 Assault Configuration XWM

GUNhanger.jpg

39 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Looking at pictures of the GUNBOAT, it seems people can't decide where the engines go: on the back of the missile pods, or two in the center, or a big F-16 engine in the back.

Image2.gif

Norsehound, lntrn8 and Arma Quattro like this

51 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

The upper seam on the wings does look painted on.  I'm guessing no folding, but I don't mind.

GUNBOAT.

its got 5 wings, it’s got the correct cockpit, it’s got the pods, it’s got th ion cannons, it’s GUNBOAT.  If X-wings ever get working S-foils then I would be all GUNBOAT FOLDING WINGS NOW GRRRRR!!! But I’m ok with static S-foils.

If having articulating wings meant they had to pack it in the silencer sized box to cover the cost, would we all still buy 5?

Is the silencer in the big box instead of the gunboat to cover the cost of the gunboat's articulating wings while not killing the hype for its release since movie fans will eat up the silencer regardless?

Celestial Lizards and Odanan like this