Sign in to follow this  
Sk3tch

Wave 1 could be really interesting, really quickly.

17 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Why would you think the release schedule of a card game has anything to do with a miniatures game?

I can hope.

Also it's about their attitude towards new releases. And they did state they are going to have a very aggressive release schedule for Legion. So my thought is we could be looking at enough 1 core + expansions for each slot in the army with full army within a month or 2

30 minutes ago, gigliopaolo said:

Hopefully a schedule similar to Runewars. Prices too will be very similar I think

I heard bad things about Runewars first wave taking too long to come out. Would be awesome to have a core for a week or 2 then a load of wave one options announced very promptly for release.

I kind of hope it will take on an Armada sort of release schedule later on, maybe focusing on certain roles or positions in the army and how to improve what is already out there or to add buffs there as needed to lead to creative and diverse army builds. The only thing I hope they don't do is like Rune Wars create a large span of time between the core set's launch and wave 1, since they worked really well to kill the momentum that the Core set for Armada started with, same with their long span of waiting until wave 2 hit. Announcement in February/March and then release in November. 

49 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Clears things right up.

Isn't the current plan for the starter box and wave 1 to release very close together if not at the same time?

^this.

Alex Davey has said in interviews the plan™ is to be able to buy your full 800 points from day 1, using lessons learnt from the runewars release.

Edited by Ralgon

7 hours ago, Sk3tch said:

100% this. Enough to build unique and varied armies from the start then slow back down and let us play with our toys. 

Aside from leaving FFG enough time to develop/playtest new releases better than X-wing so there is no power creep

On 12/10/2017 at 10:29 PM, Andreu said:

Aside from leaving FFG enough time to develop/playtest new releases better than X-wing so there is no power creep

Yes completely. Speedy wave 1 release and slow down and properly test wave 2 onwards

Yea if anything Armada and Runewars showed, the basic units from the core set when bought separately have more upgrades.

So i'll be get 3 basic troops to fill in the 3-6 requirements. Another Support, and hopefully they'll do another hero.

That should hopefully be 800 points. I'll play and see what my experiences lead to.

1 hour ago, Sirdrasco said:

Yea if anything Armada and Runewars showed, the basic units from the core set when bought separately have more upgrades.

So i'll be get 3 basic troops to fill in the 3-6 requirements. Another Support, and hopefully they'll do another hero.

That should hopefully be 800 points. I'll play and see what my experiences lead to.

I think we will most likely get one of each type of unit, so probably another Leader, a Heavy unit for each faction, a Special forces unit for each faction, and then repacks of the core set stuff for the core and support units. 

personally i'm waiting until wave 2 or 3 before i even consider jumping into Legion, i don't want an army of freakin storm troopers, i want elite troops like Jet troopers or Death Troopers, i want the ability to field mass speeder bikes and 1-3 AT-ST, so patient i will be , my money you shall not have .

10 hours ago, Darth evil said:

personally i'm waiting until wave 2 or 3 before i even consider jumping into Legion, i don't want an army of freakin storm troopers, i want elite troops like Jet troopers or Death Troopers, i want the ability to field mass speeder bikes and 1-3 AT-ST, so patient i will be , my money you shall not have .

Stormtroopers are elite troops though. Don't you remember what the Emperor said at End-

Oh.

I think the ideal troops (in addition to the core troops) for wave 1 would be deathtroopers and  rebel pathfinders.  I think that the sooner they start rolling out rogue one content the better.  I can't wait for a K2-SO miniature!

Edited by devin.pike.1989

On 10/20/2017 at 10:41 PM, Darth evil said:

Standard list rules indicate that you won't be able to have more thn 2 Heavy Support units, which I would assume is the category for the AT-ST.  I'm with you, though.  I'm hoping to make work 2 AT-ST's, 3 Speeder Bike pairs, the commander, and fill in with Stormies.  Because Imperial Might, that's why

On 10/21/2017 at 5:16 PM, devin.pike.1989 said:

I think the ideal troops (in addition to the core troops) for wave 1 would be deathtroopers and  rebel pathfinders.  I think that the sooner they start rolling out rogue one content the better.  I can't wait for a K2-SO miniature!

Thought, why wouldn’t we get the standard model of his type as an imperial unit