Sign in to follow this  
shineyorkboy

Crab is the New Unicorn

Nah it doesn't seem unicorn to me. They want to be going first with a military challenge. If you have a bowed military character then you either commuted to defend or declared a political first. Seems more crabby

I wondered that and believe this is the case. I think the unicorn cards are not designed to bypass defenders as in old5r but to instead move to attack a weaker or stronger province that you can break after buffing and debuting had occured from player actions.

41 minutes ago, Dahawi said:

I wondered that and believe this is the case. I think the unicorn cards are not designed to bypass defenders as in old5r but to instead move to attack a weaker or stronger province that you can break after buffing and debuting had occured from player actions.

Interesting. I assumed the exact opposite - that everyone stayed where they are, but the new battle is somewhere else. Whoever is better at moving their people over there has a big advantage. And Unicorn is very good at moving their people. 

Still, that's a guess at this point, and you're right we'll need either new rules or a serious clarification.

3 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

I don't know. It just seems odd that none of Unicorn's move effects ready, but Crab's does.

My thoughts exactly. I'm still not sure what we're supposed to do, exactly. We can only attack one province at a time now, so move-in effects seem rather pointless unless we have a reliable way out as well.

Edited by Ide Yoshiya

2 hours ago, agarrett said:

Interesting. I assumed the exact opposite - that everyone stayed where they are, but the new battle is somewhere else. Whoever is better at moving their people over there has a big advantage. And Unicorn is very good at moving their people. 

Still, that's a guess at this point, and you're right we'll need either new rules or a serious clarification.

That's a good point, hadn't considered that and it would make more thematic sense!

4 hours ago, Shinjo Tegi said:

Characters only participate in conflicts, I think?

So, if the conflict moves, so do all its participants? 

Yes, there are no longer "locations" outside of Conflict and Home. So if you change the province being fought over that doesn't "move" or effect the fact that all of the characters at the conflict are still at the conflict.  The Unicorn cards function like Kuroi Mori does with changing rings. It doesn't end the conflict and start a new one, it just changes which province it is targeted at.