Sign in to follow this  
BlindSamurai13

The Imperial Cycle Announcement is Up.

Not sure if someone posted it yet but the Imperial Cycle announcement is up on FFG main page. It includes some new cards and the Seeker and Keeper Cards for each Clan. 

P.S. So much pretty artwork! OMK!

P.S.S. Kakita Yoshi 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/11/the-imperial-cycle/

I didn't see it clearly stated anywhere: Do we think there will be monthly releases starting right after these six weeks are up, or are we getting the next six months all frontloaded, and after that there will be a drought? I'm assuming immediate monthly releases until I find otherwise.

6 minutes ago, AradonTemplar said:

I didn't see it clearly stated anywhere: Do we think there will be monthly releases starting right after these six weeks are up, or are we getting the next six months all frontloaded, and after that there will be a drought? I'm assuming immediate monthly releases until I find otherwise.

Absolutely no clue.  Given that this announcement goes against their traditional LCG model, I don't know that we can do more than wildly speculate.

Also no word at all about deluxe boxes. No Clan boxes that stay evergreen. All six will rotate out and we don'r know what the plans are for deluxe boxes

I love the idea of building the card base quickly but 6 packs in 6 weeks, during the holidays is something I was not planing on. Mt wallet is already complaining.

Edited by Tekwych

8 hours ago, AradonTemplar said:

I hope it’s a drought. It would be nice for the meta to settle down a bit. I think monthly releases are too often and would actually prefer big-box expansions only. 

Yeah, no mistake, I can understand why they'd want to jumpstart a format with a variety of options, but I've been telling all my potential customers that after the core set buy-in, they were looking at a reasonable $15 a month to have everything. It's a good sell, but now one-a-week is going to be a more intimidating barrier for the less-interested. Just means the sales pitch shifts to "A ton of new deck options coming sooner than you'd think. Should be a great deck building environment."

The 'six months in six weeks' idea sounds good on paper, but a gap of four and a half months actually seems like a terrible tradeoff for immediate content, so I hope it continues with at least a close-to-monthly pace after these packs.