Sign in to follow this  
Alderaan Crumbs

So **** excited, especially for Weird War!

"Occult Commando"? The name alone kicks so much Cthulhu-worshipping Nazi butt! :D The GeneSys has been incredible for emulating the pulp action of Star Wars and I know it's going to help win Weird War II! I'm excited to see how (hopefully) easy it's going to be creating the tech, monsters and magics used in the shadows of the war. This game can't drop soon enough! 

Oh, I'm wicked-excited for any cyberpunk sexiness, too. ;)

24 minutes ago, Alderaan Crumbs said:

"Occult Commando"? The name alone kicks so much Cthulhu-worshipping Nazi butt! :D The GeneSys has been incredible for emulating the pulp action of Star Wars and I know it's going to help win Weird War II! I'm excited to see how (hopefully) easy it's going to be creating the tech, monsters and magics used in the shadows of the war. This game can't drop soon enough! 

Oh, I'm wicked-excited for any cyberpunk sexiness, too. ;)

Some Hellboy setting would be cool.

Oh, and of course...MASS EFFECT! I am so hoping Genesys will fit the bill.

Mass Effect is dumb unless you add Cthulhu. ;) No, you're correct and I am eager to see how we can handle biotics.

Dishonored is another franchise I DESPERATELY want to play in an P&P RPG and am hoping GenSys can handle it. 

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

13 hours ago, Alderaan Crumbs said:

Mass Effect is dumb unless you add Cthulhu. ;) No, you're correct and I am eager to see how we can handle biotics.

Dishonored is another franchise I DESPERATELY want to play in an P&P RPG and am hoping GenSys can handle it. 

Mass Effect is literally Cthulhu, the great old Ones replaced by those creepy aeon old machine entities. And yeah, I am eager to so how Genesys manages supernatural powers which are not classic magic! :D 

15 hours ago, Alderaan Crumbs said:

How did you manage that? Our group loves this system and I'd love to get on that train in the future! 

I've been a play tester as far back as Stay On Target. Got brought into one group, then was able to start my own playtest team. 

I got invited to participate in the Genesys playtest because I sorta gave Sam Stewart the idea after he played my Fallout hack for EotE. ;)

27 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

I've been a play tester as far back as Stay On Target. Got brought into one group, then was able to start my own playtest team. 

I got invited to participate in the Genesys playtest because I sorta gave Sam Stewart the idea after he played my Fallout hack for EotE. ;)

5 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

So we will hold you responsible if there is some rant due to Genesys! :D 

Yes, all problems, DarthGM's fault....

bur-the-witch.gif

17 hours ago, Alderaan Crumbs said:

How did you manage that? Our group loves this system and I'd love to get on that train in the future! 

In addition to the response he gave, I feel like his esoteric podcast might have something to do with it. I'm not sure, nobody listens to it.

OR THEY WOULD IF THERE WERE NEW EPISODES seriously we need our fix I'm shaking so badly does anyone have any spare change?

On 10/13/2017 at 11:56 PM, Zszree said:

I would love to run Achtung! Cthulhu with this system seeing you all talk about Weird Wars II!

Isn’t that a systemless setting? All I know that it’s beloved and mixes the two evilest versions of chocolate and peanut butter. Wait, it’s like...EVIL REESE’S! :blink:

Edited by Alderaan Crumbs

I know they have it published for the CoT system and for Savage Worlds.  For me, I ran Day after Ragnarok years ago for Savage Worlds and thought this would be a great prequel to that campaign.  Basically in Day After Ragnarok, its an alternate history where at the end of WWII the Nazis performed a ritual to raise the Midgard Serpent ... and succeeded.  Instead of bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the US bombed the Midgard Serpent and the world is in a post-apocalyptic state.

In Achtung! Cthulhu, you play investigators during WWII trying to squash cultist activity.  Well ... in this campaign, as all Cthulhu games, they will fail and the Midgard Serpent will be raised.  =)

And you are right, what's not to like about a Reese's peanut butter cup eaten by Nazis and Cthulhu?  Right?  LOL

The thing about the Genesys dice system is that it can be really gritty as well. It works great for our very lethal and gritty CoC campaign. We have completely reworked the system, but the basics of the dice system and resolution mechanic is the same.

It looks like the last product (which was a novel) for Tannhäuser was released over four years ago.

An article from July 12th, 2012 announced the end of the game line, but with a caveat that FFG might revisit the IP in the future.

Considering that the Tannhäuser setting is far more interesting from a roleplaying perspective than FFG's other Weird War IP, Dust, I would prefer Tannhäuser to be Genisys' Weird War setting.

On 24.10.2017 at 5:55 PM, broknsword said:

Speaking of Weird War... Does Fantasy Flight still own the Tannhauser IP? That would be a cool setting for an RPG.

Isn't Tannhäuser a sample setting in Genesys book. That is kind of tip there may be Tannhäuser material coming later. 

3 hours ago, kkuja said:

Isn't Tannhäuser a sample setting in Genesys book. That is kind of tip there may be Tannhäuser material coming later. 

Yeah, if they didn't have the license, I highly doubt they would have used it as the example Weird War setting.