Shizrak

Who else is quitting? Speak Up!

1 minute ago, Mirith said:

I would have expected a Unicorn to like their mustard like they like their women, strong and on a horse!

Well, I have eaten Tacobell. :ph34r:

Plus, who doesn't like their women strong and on a horse?

Just now, Zesu Shadaban said:

I didn't realize Unicorn ate horsemeat...they truly are barbarians :o

...on the other hand, I guess they can have their horse and eat it, too. 

Out in the desert when you run out of food, your options are either eat your horse or your neighbor, and I think the horses are probably less gross than the Moto.

34 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Horses are more valuable though.

I also figure in the desert, the Unicorn clan is "Oh the poor horses, look how thirsty the are!" while Moto Bob over there is slowly dying of thirst "Eh, screw him, he can cope."

1 minute ago, Mirith said:

I also figure in the desert, the Unicorn clan is "Oh the poor horses, look how thirsty the are!" while Moto Bob over there is slowly dying of thirst "Eh, screw him, he can cope."

Moto Bob has a long history of not having water, he'll be fine. The horses need water every day or they won't have shiny coats.

Dudes, the game is great! And you don't have to buy as much as you're saying. I'm breaking apart core sets and selling them on ebay for people on a tighter budget.  So, just from me there will be opportunities to to buy cards without having to invest as much as you're thinking. And I know other people will be doing the same thing. For example, if Unicorn is your clan, I have 2 of each Unicorn clan card on ebay right now. That means if you have 1 core set you can complet your army for a lower price than 3 coore sets. I'll also be selling 2x of all the other cards.

Don't bale on this great game!

I'm stoked they have boosters coming out fast!

From my festering pit

Fu Leng

On 10/11/2017 at 3:58 PM, Shizrak said:

I suppose my point wasn't clear enough. I'm not quitting because I can't stretch to afford it. I'm quitting because this cash-grab is going to discourage new players. With so much content coming so fast, there won't be any real time to build a community before people start falling behind.

I want to raise awareness that this was a poor decision. I wish I could ACTUALLY not purchase, but I already got my cores expecting one thing, and instead got something completely different. So now I need to sell core sets.

....Ill buy them.  Happily.  

6 hours ago, Sixter said:

I think people might be overlooking the option of borrowing cards from friends for competitive play. This is not a CCG so there will be a number of people around who have playsets of all the cards and wont be using half of them most of the time. There are 7 clans in the game so people will be playing different things I hope. Heck, it might even be an incentive to play one of the less popular clans because you will have even less problems borrowing the cards you need.

Absolutely! I borrow cards all the time in X Wing events, there's no way I'm buying every ship. 

You know what I'm not seeing? People selling their cores on eBay for a loss en masse. There are people selling 1X each clan's cards for $10 or trying to get $5 for singles of neutrals, and good luck there, but I'm not seeing the huge influx of cheap cards from people trying to get out before the market is flooded.

Now are some people actually going to drop because of this, sure I can believe that, but we have no idea how the meta would have been if they didn't do this move and who knows if that would have turned even more people away. I'm in a wait and see what the contents of each pack mode and if there's nothing I need immediately then I just wait to pick that one up at a later date.

14 minutes ago, Klawtu said:

You know what I'm not seeing? People selling their cores on eBay for a loss en masse. There are people selling 1X each clan's cards for $10 or trying to get $5 for singles of neutrals, and good luck there, but I'm not seeing the huge influx of cheap cards from people trying to get out before the market is flooded.

I know, and here I was going to pick up my 2nd core off ebay at a nice discount... :angry::lol:

Well, even though the fervor here seems to have died down, I'll just chip in one last opinion before the bell rings.  I'm a little annoyed at FFG about the announcement, and I'll try to explain why.  I've been trying very hard to push this game locally, and we've managed to carve out a crowd of a dozen or so players in a very MTG-heavy area where LCGs have not been very good sellers.  One of the selling points of the game was the lower cost; many of the players are university students, and money is tight.  These people were told that the typical release schedule was one pack a month, and many were happy with that.  Now that they have bought their core sets, FFG springs this new schedule on them, and I'm left with egg on my face.  Certainly the timing of the announcement was a little shady.

Of course, many people are saying that this shouldn't be a problem, no one is forcing them to buy the packs.  Well, that's all said and good, but the whole point of the LCG model is to try and make the game about skill, not a competition of who has access to more cards.  To all those saying that you can just split the packs somehow, sure, that works, but it's STILL more expensive than if you were splitting one pack a month.  I want all of our local players to be on the same footing as far as cards go; I'm not comfortable with two classes of players, haves and have-nots.  Again, that's why I like the LCG model.  I'm seriously considering not allowing the new cards in any of the upcoming tournaments so no one feels pressured into buying them, but that of course will annoy the more competitive crowd who want to play with those same cards.   It's going to be difficult to please everyone, and that's unfortunate for a small community of players who should really be a tight-knit group.  It's creating divisions between players at a time when we should be building communities.

That said, I'm certainly not quitting; if I wasn't trying to build a community, I would probably be happy about the release schedule, I can certainly afford the cards.  It just seems like it is compounding the problem of the LCG model; high initial buy-in cost.  I just hope it doesn't cost us any new players.