Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Phantoms and Double Quasar vs Dodonna Rebels

Recommended Posts

I watched, it looked like fun, actually it was so close I wonder if the couple Sloan and Phantom mistakes cost you.  Also kudos to you for helping out your opponent as well.  I would love to try something like this but just can't justify a second Quasar at the moment.  Maybe I will put one on my gift list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

I watched, it looked like fun, actually it was so close I wonder if the couple Sloan and Phantom mistakes cost you.  Also kudos to you for helping out your opponent as well.  I would love to try something like this but just can't justify a second Quasar at the moment.  Maybe I will put one on my gift list.

Oh they probably did cost me, but it's ok, I don't mind learning from mistakes. 

 

I honestly don't see a 2nd quasar as being a real requirement.   It's only for fringe type lists that I ever actually use it.   Rare and they tend to do poorly.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

Oh they probably did cost me, but it's ok, I don't mind learning from mistakes. 

 

I honestly don't see a 2nd quasar as being a real requirement.   It's only for fringe type lists that I ever actually use it.   Rare and they tend to do poorly.   

Fringe lists are fun.  My friend and I swap factions every time we play, we never repeat a list, and we try and play every ship at some point in the rotation.  I also am rotating through commanders as its the best way to see how they work best (or don't).  

This week I have a Squal list with Bossk, 5 generic YV-666, Valen Rudor, Black Squadron, and a Generic TIE Advanced.  I have Ozzel a Raider and an ISD 1 rounding out the list.  It is definitely fringe but I am trying to show that the YV-666 is better than folks give it credit for and with 7 health it is a good target for Ruthless Strategists.  The trick being Rudor and the Escorts locking down Squads wil Squal gives the YV-666 a push and activate in the Squadron phase with Rogue getting up to 4 movement in a turn.

Fringe is fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok rules question, at 11:33 on the video you are talking about side arc shot out of the MC80.  It was totally out of arc, but then you mentioned that if it crossed your green line he wouldn't have a shot.  Wouldn't that just mean he had to shoot your side arc, not your rear? Maybe I'm just confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, themightyhedgehog said:

Ok rules question, at 11:33 on the video you are talking about side arc shot out of the MC80.  It was totally out of arc, but then you mentioned that if it crossed your green line he wouldn't have a shot.  Wouldn't that just mean he had to shoot your side arc, not your rear? Maybe I'm just confused.

The side arc was not "In arc" the rear arc may or may not have been in arc but because tracing the line dot to dot would have crossed his line it was not a valid shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Awesome report! The issue I found with so many phantoms is that for the initial squadron engagement they act like more expensive interceptors but dont have swarm or counter.

On the other hand the extra point in hull might get them one more shot than interceptors get. More testing needed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, Xeletor said:

 Awesome report! The issue I found with so many phantoms is that for the initial squadron engagement they act like more expensive interceptors but dont have swarm or counter.

On the other hand the extra point in hull might get them one more shot than interceptors get. More testing needed. 

 

I've found the same. Thier 14 points isn't justified for the first massive squad vs squad exchange. It rarely goes well vs a average enemy squad arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...