bsmith23

Decraniated

I think you overestimate their capabilities. Seems more like 1s down the line, with group skill of Discipline. They seem like mindless laborers, not anything skilled.

Your version is indeed more terrifying, and should perhaps be a variant of the standard Decraniated. Call them Defensive Decraniated? Roofoo sells them as sentries to unscrupulous folk?

14 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

I definitely want them to be more of a threat to the players. Basically just inspired by them, not an exact build, if you know what I mean. 

Well, those are disturbing.

I can definitely see a special batch being made as guards. Perhaps even having a Comm feature (like the Gank Comm implant) Different groups might gain features from the connection, like a group of 5 having Linked 4.  Maybe it lets them work as a minion group without having to be in engaged range to each other, making them immune to the Blast quality) 

52 minutes ago, GM Stark said:

I can definitely see a special batch being made as guards. Perhaps even having a Comm feature (like the Gank Comm implant) Different groups might gain features from the connection, like a group of 5 having Linked 4.  Maybe it lets them work as a minion group without having to be in engaged range to each other, making them immune to the Blast quality) 

Oooooohhh!

6 hours ago, GM Stark said:

Maybe it lets them work as a minion group without having to be in engaged [...]

I would very much like to see the passage, stating this rule, cited, if you don't mind.

Edited by Grimmerling

7 hours ago, GM Stark said:

I don't recall seeing any requirement that minions operate in engaged range to each other.  As a practical matter, I don't usually have them more than short apart, rarely medium, simply because at larger ranges, assisting the rest of the group is less practical.

22 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Decraniated

Im thinking of making these into minion groups who toil aimlessly until activated by their owner.

Characteristics at 2, Skill Groups Discipline, Vigilance, Rgd light, Melee

Abilities Terrifying (cause its for a Halloween adventure), Loyalty Imprint

Opinions?

These sound like the 40k Servitors.  Effectively lobotomized, computer controlled bodies.  There is no reason not to have several classes, servant, mechanic, sentry, etc.

7 hours ago, Grimmerling said:

I would very much like to see the passage, stating this rule, cited, if you don't mind.

Actually, it turns out that's not the case. I think it was an assumption I made following a discussion on grenades and minion group. Carry on. Nothing to see here. 

So I'm imagining this is going to turn into a "Decrepid Starship House of Horrors" type of crawl, since it'll be a Halloween adventure.  I've never hosted one before, and we're all kind of crack ups around the table so setting the mood is difficult.. Suggestions?

We play on Sunday afternoons, so lighting is an issue, especially in Florida.  I'm thinking I need some ambient creepy starship sound effects in the background too.

Also, I'm not too good a description. Instead of showing them the picture, how would you narratively describe them to your players encountering them for the first time?

Edited by bsmith23

5 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

So I'm imagining this is going to turn into a "Decrepid Starship House of Horrors" type of crawl, since it'll be a Halloween adventure.  I've never hosted one before, and we're all kind of crack ups around the table so setting the mood is difficult.. Suggestions?

One idea, for the plotting at least - an idea that bubbled up in the Halloween thread. There was a Doctor Who episode set aboard a spaceship that had broken down, and the AI was attempting to repair the damage by scavenging organic parts from the crew. There's more to it than just that one facet of the plot, and due to the nature of the show the Timey-Wimeyness wouldn't work with Star Wars, but I think there's a nugget of potential there. These 'people' could fit into the body horror mold quite easily.

As for the how, you might want to check this out: http://creaturecast.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-run-horror-role-playing-scenario.html

The key takeaway? That not all groups are well suited for the buy-in needed to make a horror game work. If your folks are dead set on goofing around and not getting into the mood, no amount of turning down the lights and putting candles everywhere will work.