Sign in to follow this  
chaosvt80

A Noble Sacrifice

How are other people doing with this card? It's great when it discards a nasty target or clan champion, but more often than not it's sitting useless in my hand. Either there are no effective targets, or the target isn't dishonored, or I can't honor my people. Getting all 3 to happen seems quite rare and makes me wonder if I should just not run the card at all. 

It's decent in some matchups. Against Scorpion, for example, Crane has more honor tools than they have dishonor tools, and they need to dishonor themselves for a few of their powerful effects. But overall your assessment is spot on, it's not reliable.

It depends a bit on the rest of your deck but in most cases it's too niche to play as a 3 off. It's already difficult to make a bit of an impact with one, if your stuck with 3 in your hand it might cost you the game. Even if you have an honored  personality vs a dishonord personality the trade (that costs you 1 Fate) still has to be worth it.

1 or 2 in your deck though keeps your opponent on his toes though. A bit like the unicorn province endless plain, it's mere existence is something you have to keep in mind.

In a phoenix splash it works a bit better though then in most other Crane decks. The Kimono gives you more oppertunities to honor a character and the Display of Power let's you ****** the Fire Ring.

Makes me wander a bit if Noble Sacrifice is a splash card for Phoenix. With the Asoko Diplomat it's easy to get a proper target.

Edited by Mig el Pig

I'm having great luck with it. Running 2x I think so I usually see one copy. I find it usually might be immediately useful but I usually don't hold on to it long. 

I usually get it to go off when I'm first player. Win a fire conflict with at least one personality with no fate. Between Crane cards, Magnificent Kimono, and Fire it's easy enough to end the conflict with your bowed, fateless person honored and their biggest dishonored. Then Noble Sacrifice for your first action, likely discarding someone big that they had saved for attacking. 

What clan's would you splash to manipulate the honor/dishonor then? Phoenix for the kimono might work but i don't like many of their other splash cards right now. That's where I'm having trouble making this card work. 

I've actually been thinking about splashing it in my Scorpion deck. Dishonoring is pretty easy for me (surprise surprise) but I've also been finding that with Court Games and Shameful Display I tend to have the odd Honored character. Also helps that sometimes with the fire ring I really want to just honor someone else for the boost. Then again the most hilarious play would be Blackmailing one of their honored people and using them to kill another character. :)