Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

Rebel List Input

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!139:230,-1,-1,-1,139,237,-1:-1:-1:;86:27,72:7:-1:U.106;196:232,-1,148,187:-1:20:&sn=MiranPoke&obs=

I ran this list last night and absolutely trounced my opponent. I was hoping you guys could take a look and give me your thoughts. I didn't think this list would work as well as it did. Miranda took a few hits but that was hit. Poe and Jake were only attacked once. I was able to arc dodge with them virtually every round after that. Is this a good list or was my opponent just not fielding a good squad? He was running 2 FO/TIE fighters with high level pilots and Darth Vader in the Tie Advanced.

Well, a well loaded intensity Vader is 36 points... That means your opponent invested at least 30 points on each TIE/fo.

That's a lot of points on 2 attack / 4hp ships. And against bombs.

The imperial lists looks like needs more punch (maybe a TIE/sf instead one /fo) but apart from that, your list doesn't look like meta hotness (Miranda without TLT??) so, no problem.

7 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Well, your list is like halfway towards being 'a good list' while it sounds like your opponent's list was a long way behind that, especially if he was just using basic Vader and didn't have the Advanced Targeting Computer from the Imperial Raider.

Lol. Only half-good? What would make it better? I’ve been trying to focus on “fun” lists. 

Edited by Pooleman

56 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!139:230,-1,-1,-1,139,237,-1:-1:-1:;86:27,72:7:-1:U.106;196:232,-1,148,187:-1:20:&sn=MiranPoke&obs=

I ran this list last night and absolutely trounced my opponent. I was hoping you guys could take a look and give me your thoughts. I didn't think this list would work as well as it did. Miranda took a few hits but that was hit. Poe and Jake were only attacked once. I was able to arc dodge with them virtually every round after that. Is this a good list or was my opponent just not fielding a good squad? He was running 2 FO/TIE fighters with high level pilots and Darth Vader in the Tie Advanced.

It's really hard to say anything without context of who you play and why you play.  If it's primarily one playing partner to have fun, then leave the forums, never come back and have fun flying cool ships around with each other.  If it's to try to get better at a competitive level, realize that just about any list/build you post will be torn apart and reassembled into fairly tight constraints defined by high-level tournament results.

@Stay On The Leader isn't wrong. I would post something similar.  

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

It's really hard to say anything without context of who you play and why you play.  If it's primarily one playing partner to have fun, then leave the forums, never come back and have fun flying cool ships around with each other.  If it's to try to get better at a competitive level, realize that just about any list/build you post will be torn apart and reassembled into fairly tight constraints defined by high-level tournament results.

@Stay On The Leader isn't wrong. I would post something similar.  

This just felt mean. I don't want to leave the forums, especially after I was exiled from my last forum for being way too awesome. Some people called it trolling but I called it awesome.

3 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

This bums me out. I thought I was on to something. I really liked being able to keep the A-Wing out of harms way. Thanks for the input.

Well you've successfully picked three good pilots and identified some good cards.  Your Poe build in particular is very close.

You are onto the beginnings of something, but maybe also underestimate just quite how good the good stuff is when players with that much more competitive experience than you have now spend all their effort trying to max it out.

Edited by Stay On The Leader

Just now, Pooleman said:

This just felt mean. I don't want to leave the forums, especially after I was exiled from my last forum for being way too awesome. Some people called it trolling but I called it awesome.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I was trying to save the enjoyment of the game for you!.  If you're having fun as you play it now, then don't mess with it!  Ever play a video game, like a shooter or an MMO, then read forums and find out you're "doing it wrong"?  Then the game becomes something different, arguably less fun.  That's what enthusiast forums can do.

Just now, Stay On The Leader said:

Well you've successfully picked three good pilots and identified some good cards.  Your Poe build in particular is very close.

You are onto the beginnings of something, but maybe also underestimate just quite how good the good stuff is when players with that much more experience than you spend all their effort trying to max it out.

Perhaps. Time will tell....

Just now, gennataos said:

I wasn't trying to be mean, I was trying to save the enjoyment of the game for you!.  If you're having fun as you play it now, then don't mess with it!  Ever play a video game, like a shooter or an MMO, then read forums and find out you're "doing it wrong"?  Then the game becomes something different, arguably less fun.  That's what enthusiast forums can do.

To be honest this game is the most fun I've had playing..., well, anything. I love it. I think about it all the time. I'm always making lists, buying a new expansion, then deleting all my lists and starting all over again. 

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!95:27,23,-1,75:14:-1:;254:27,135,126,-1,166,237,-1:-1:-1:U.127&sn=Nymdar&obs=

Nymdar (99)

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Veteran Instincts 1
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Jan Ors 2
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 51

Captain Nym (Rebel) — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 30
Veteran Instincts 1
Twin Laser Turret 6
Extra Munitions 2
Sabine Wren 2
Bomblet Generator 3
Cluster Mines 4
Ship Total: 48

So I ran this squad twice last night against a Punisher and a Defender last night. I crushed it the first game (lost 2 shields on Nym, Dash was untouched) and the second game was closer. I gotta say, I was actually bored the first game. Nym seemed way over powered.

Thats being said, any advice on improving this list? Is it competitive or just for casual play?
Edited by Pooleman

The punisher is a terrible waste of points if there wasn't a 3rd ship in your opponent's list. Effectively, you were using 100pts whilst he was only using 75. Your ships were 2 of the best in the game, albeit not completely optimised vs one decent ship plus the worst ship.

Try swapping lists with your opponent and see how you perform.

1 hour ago, Gilarius said:

The punisher is a terrible waste of points if there wasn't a 3rd ship in your opponent's list. Effectively, you were using 100pts whilst he was only using 75. Your ships were 2 of the best in the game, albeit not completely optimised vs one decent ship plus the worst ship.

Try swapping lists with your opponent and see how you perform.

So how would I optimize it?

On 14/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, Pooleman said:

So how would I optimize it?

Which? Drop the punisher entirely and start again...

Dash wants to either be able to arc-dodge (so engine upgrade) or remove target locks so ordnance strikes are less of a problem (so countermeasures plus maybe smuggling compartment with scavenger crane). He also either needs PTL plus Kanan or he wants Rey to bank focus tokens so he improves his action economy - as it is, you have an evade token from Jan but nothing to modify your attack. VI works but Lone Wolf is better most of the time on him. To get the points for all this, you might need to drop the cluster mines from Nym.

If you never see ordnance, feel free to ignore this, but please realise that you are flying one of the best lists around whilst your opponents, from what you've posted, seem to be trying to fly any old rubbish. You should win these matches 100-0.

Edited by Gilarius

9 minutes ago, Gilarius said:

Which? Drop the punisher entirely and start again...

Dash wants to either be able to arc-dodge (so engine upgrade) or remove target locks so ordnance strikes are less of a problem (so countermeasures plus maybe smuggling compartment with scavenger crane). He also either needs PTL plus Kanan or he wants Rey to bank focus tokens so he improves his action economy - as it is, you have an evade token from Jan but nothing to modify your attack. VI works but Lone Wolf is better most of the time on him. To get the points for all this, you might need to drop the cluster mines from Nym.

If you never see ordnance, feel free to ignore this, but please realise that you are flying one of the best lists around whilst your opponents, from what you've posted, seem to be trying to fly any old rubbish. You should win these matches 100-0.

We are both relatively new so there are lots of factors that don’t readily come to mind yet.