Crabbok

Starhawk? And more ships!

A bit unconvinced about a couple if things. The rear of the Mon Cal looks more like the rear of Home One rather than a fabled ship called The Raddus. Might be right, but no evidence to support either case. The other rebel ship off to the right just looks more like the rear of two CR90s than a brand new ship.

The Neb shaped one is definately new though.

The apparent new GR75 (just the front part) actually has a bit of a look of an MC30c.

Still....who knows?

Edited by Gallanteer

I can’t wait to get more info on these ships. The Starhawk/Nebulon K is awesome looking, and I want a full view of that cookie ship with the Corvette engine blocks. 

Only gripe... 3 fighters poised to take down a 3000 meter battlecruiser. I thought it was lame when Vader took down the Phoenix Home by himself. I hope we don’t have a repeat. 

Still... I cant wait to see these ships in Armada.

18 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I can’t wait to get more info on these ships. The Starhawk/Nebulon K is awesome looking, and I want a full view of that cookie ship with the Corvette engine blocks. 

Only gripe... 3 fighters poised to take down a 3000 meter battlecruiser. I thought it was lame when Vader took down the Phoenix Home by himself. I hope we don’t have a repeat. 

Let's not forget the power of a single A-Wing.

time to wait for people to correct me about the combined power of the Rebel fleet, not a single A-wing

Sadly, I am still in no rush to see any of these in Armada. Maybe that will change after I see them on screen, but for now, if Armada never went outside the Galactic Civil War, I would be cool with it. It's almost as if the fighters got so much better in the new Trilogy, but the capital ships got bigger but more fragile. Between Kylo ripping up the Raddus, and one TIE taking out all the turbolasers in TFA, I get that impression. I don't particularly like it.

3 minutes ago, Church14 said:

That Chewie partner looks delicious

From what I’m told, they are the new “Ewok” intended to sell plushies and crap to little ones. 

This is why i understand it, i just don't like it.  Not a fan of cutesy in Star Wars.  Now if it turns out to be a baby Rancor I might get on board.

Check out screenshots on the web of a porg feather in the side of Chewie's mouth. More a snack for a hungry wookie.

Or Lucasfilm are just trolling the SW community.

Anyway after 34 years of grumbling about Ewoks, I've realised what I really hated was Lucas making Chewie do the Tarzan call whilst swinging a vine onto the AT-ST.

Back on topic, if it means new ships for Armada and XW and possible new locations for my IA campaigns I'll be very happy.

Edited by Gallanteer

Here's why it's a Starhwak and not a Nebulon class. It may look small compared to the RADDUS, but remember, the RADDUS is 3,000 meters long. The Starhawk is a about the same length as an ISD. So, while it looked small, it's much bigger than you think. And it clearly, clearly had a hatchet shapped fore. 

There has always been a goofy element in Star Wars - The porgs are just the latest iteration.

A friend and I were arguing about this.  To him the franchise is falling.  To me, Star Wars has always been a fun/fantasy franchise and is being handled exceptionally well.  The minute you start to analyzing it like people do Star Trek and Dr Who, it doesn't make any sense. 

I like Star Wars more.

Not calling it a Starhawk until we see it being called out in the movie/book errata. For a while people were thinking the resistance bombers were Starhawks, so it's becoming too much of a knee-jerk reaction at this point.

We have the beginnings now of a Resistance fleet that seems in scale with the rest of Armada. Dreadnoughts are supposed to be twice as big as a Star Destroyer that is already twice the size of our largest ship here.... and the Supremacy is on a scale more appropriate for Rebellion than Armada.

Still, I like the new designs given to us.

2 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

Let's not forget the power of a single A-Wing.

time to wait for people to correct me about the combined power of the Rebel fleet, not a single A-wing

Nope your on the money there. Imps should intensified some forward firepower right there, and maybe closed some blinds.

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Actually i think its about time the rebels lost a big ole ship to a single starfighter. Balance of the force and whatnot.

7 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Actually i think its about time the rebels lost a big ole ship to a single starfighter. Balance of the force and whatnot.

It really does beg the question of why do they build any warship bigger than a light freighter in the Star Wars universe; anything bigger can be so easily destroyed by a single manned craft. 

You would expect them to have impenetrable defenses, but no. Phoenix Home - poof. Executor - poof. Death Star - poof. Death Star II - poof. Star killer Base - poof. 

The don’t even need carriers. Just blot out the sky with fighters, and forget anything bigger. 

13 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Ok that was TOTALLY a Starhawk in that trailer! at 1:09

Did you see it?  

So many ships!    Soooo many!   We are totally gonna be getting some of this!   We have to!   right?!?!?!

Maybe a nebulous-k and the star hawk is big

Edited by starbat861

5 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

It really does beg the question of why do they build any warship bigger than a light freighter in the Star Wars universe; anything bigger can be so easily destroyed by a single manned craft. 

You would expect them to have impenetrable defenses, but no. Phoenix Home - poof. Executor - poof. Death Star - poof. Death Star II - poof. Star killer Base - poof. 

The don’t even need carriers. Just blot out the sky with fighters, and forget anything bigger. 

If you were to consider an ISD to be the all-in-one planet suppressor, it makes sense to make large ships. You can move troops, equipment, resources, fighters, and other things very efficiently. Just ignore ship to ship combat for the ISD. It's a pretty good concept for the Empire to assign a few of these to a planet or sector. Self sufficient, mobile command center.

Anything larger is just dumb. What's going to fight an SSD in a head on fight? Why make the Death Star when you can slag a planet with some ISDs? At least Star Killer Base made sense because you can hit any target with hyper space lasers. MSD is a neat idea too. Another mobile HQ with ship yards, for when you need your oppression on the go. 

17 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

If you were to consider an ISD to be the all-in-one planet suppressor, it makes sense to make large ships. You can move troops, equipment, resources, fighters, and other things very efficiently. Just ignore ship to ship combat for the ISD. It's a pretty good concept for the Empire to assign a few of these to a planet or sector. Self sufficient, mobile command center.

Anything larger is just dumb. What's going to fight an SSD in a head on fight? Why make the Death Star when you can slag a planet with some ISDs? At least Star Killer Base made sense because you can hit any target with hyper space lasers. MSD is a neat idea too. Another mobile HQ with ship yards, for when you need your oppression on the go. 

Logic