BlodVargarna

The Last Jedi Trailer

36 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

It's pretty obvious that he is considering activating something aside from the primary weapons.

Seat warmer.  But it draws a lot of energy from the main engines, so in the middle of combat, you gotta weigh the risk-reward. . .

29 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Huzzah! Fellow non haters unite!

I will grant the critics that Ep7 really feels like a reskinned Ep4, but I understand that it had been quite a few years without any star wars on the big screen, requiring a bit of a re-introduction for the new viewers who weren't die hard fans of before.

I am really liking Ep8 from the trailer and hoping for a great movie. 

And who cares!!

I'll take my Star Wars intravenously, please. . . . 

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Seat warmer.  But it draws a lot of energy from the main engines, so in the middle of combat, you gotta weigh the risk-reward. . .

I would love it if activated some comfort features during combat as he easily mows down rebel terrorists.  Bonus points if he spends the first half just adjusting the seat.

37 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I don‘t know if it was you, but some in here linked that to him killing Leia and that this somehow gave more importance to the missiles of the Silencer. That‘s all kinds of wrong!

Besides, missiles would put him over 50pt, which is nonsensical unless you are a Krayt

There are more pilots than just Kylo.  Then again, with how FFG have been pricing Imperial generics...

7 minutes ago, Gibbilo said:

It would be great if kylo and ray flip flopped but you know Disney doesn't have the balls to do it.

Yeah lol Disney doesn't have much in the way of balls, there was supposed to be this scene in rogue one where Vader slaughtered tons of Rebels alone, and all the heroes of the story were supposed to die. Luckily everybody made it out alive.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Yeah lol Disney doesn't have much in the way of balls, there was supposed to be this scene in rogue one where Vader slaughtered tons of Rebels alone, and all the heroes of the story were supposed to die. Luckily everybody made it out alive.

but that still played into the common plot lines. Show me a movie where Disney takes their heroine/princess, turns her bad and keeps her as the antagonist. Won't happen. Far easier for the bad boy to be redeemed instead.

1 minute ago, Gibbilo said:

but that still played into the common plot lines. Show me a movie where Disney takes their heroine/princess, turns her bad and keeps her as the antagonist. Won't happen. Far easier for the bad boy to be redeemed instead.

lol you have got to be kidding me. Not verbatim the quote? But here.

"We didn't think Disney would let us kill the heroes, but when we asked they said to go ahead and we were surprised!"

But hey hombre you keep believing that DiDneY fOR KiDdY oNlY narrative, I'll be sitting over here watching Rey, maybe not go to the dark side, but actually not know what to do, make mistakes, and not be utterly perfect!

Also Kallus basically genocided the Lasat.

1 hour ago, Stay On The Leader said:

TFA is my favourite Star Wars film, hands down.

I had big hopes for this one, but that trailer... I feel a disturbance in the force.  I work for a major cinema chain and ticket sales are slow compared to either TFA or Rogue One.  I don't think the awareness is quite there yet, though, Disney want to get Thor out of the blocks first.

Generally agreed - I enjoyed TFA a lot and felt this was...pretty good. But not spine-tingling in the same way as those first trailers. Not seeing the same level of general-audience freakout about this on other news sites either.

Still, do you think it's likely to be a filmmaking letdown, or just a commercial one? I don't know if a trailer is enough to make a quality call just yet.

I gotta say though, after getting a Blade Runner sequel worthy of the name this year, I'm not fussed, you know? Que sera...

Edited by Terminus-Est

13 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Releasing a useless upgrade fixes the rush job they did on the Silencer?  Not seeing that work out too well.

Vasaki, starviper mk 2, and chardaan refit would like a word with you... because they are fixes to rushed job ships and they work great. 

I'm thinking a 0 point mod. Tie only 

you upgrade bar gains the missile slot. You may equip another modification. You must have the boost action in order to equip this card. (Tie x/3 and tie x/4, fighter and interceptor get missiles, Kylo gets missiles, etc)

Edited by FlyingAnchors

15 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Vasaki, starviper mk 2, and chardaan refit would like a word with you... because they are fixes to rushed job ships and they work great. 

I'm thinking a 0 point mod. Tie only 

you upgrade bar gains the missile slot. You may equip another modification. You must have the boost action in order to equip this card. (Tie x/3 and tie x/4, fighter and interceptor get missiles, Kylo gets missiles, etc)

The original suggestion (that I called useless) was a tech upgrade that added a missile slot.  The tech slot is way more valuable to a nimble (hopefully) craft like the Silencer than the missile slot.  Also, I'm tired of having all of these upgrade patch jobs that require us to buy more stuff just to use the stuff we already have.  This is especially egregious as an Imperial player, as the fix for the TIE Advanced was $100.

1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

lol you have got to be kidding me. Not verbatim the quote? But here.

"We didn't think Disney would let us kill the heroes, but when we asked they said to go ahead and we were surprised!"

But hey hombre you keep believing that DiDneY fOR KiDdY oNlY narrative, I'll be sitting over here watching Rey, maybe not go to the dark side, but actually not know what to do, make mistakes, and not be utterly perfect!

Also Kallus basically genocided the Lasat.

Well brolaf, you're the one projecting the DiDneY f0R KiDdY onto me.  I merely said they didn't have the wherewithal to be creative with their story telling, never implying that Disney was for kids only. 

I submit that showing us a scene of Vader hackin rebels=/= Disney having what it takes to take the classic "Hero grow, overcome obstacles, redeem turned family member" that episodes 4-6 already did and give us something interesting instead.

but no problem Lackwit, if you disagree with me and think that killing off Cassian and Jyn was the definition of ballsy that's fine too, I don't think we have anything more to discuss.

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

The triggers for primary guns is the literal trigger on the stick, secondary weapons, such as missiles, are frequently buttons placed where Kylo was hesitantly hovering his thumb.  It's pretty obvious that he is considering activating something aside from the primary weapons.

Exactly, now imagine what it would be like if they didn't.  That is point that I'm making.  If the scene in the trailer is representative of the final film, then the secondary weapons on the Silencer play a role in a major plot point, just as the torpedoes on the X-Wing did in A New Hope.  Omitting them would be a huge oversight.

Maybe I am just a bitter old man, but I did enjoy TFA quite a bit, even though it was just a soft reboot.  I am looking forward to seeing TLJ on opening night.  I'm just a die hard Imperial, and am tired of the way FFG treats my faction.  The lack of missiles is just the latest in a long string of disappointments.

Freeze frame that scene and tell me where the triggers are on that yoke, please. I just did. I don't see them. Don't assume it works the same way it does on video games or even real-world devices. Making a large red button on top is much easier to show on-screen than triggers molded into the stick, and thus would be preferred by the director for a dramatic moment in the film (especially when the rest of the shot is black glove on black yoke - the large red button really stands out).

But, let's take it a step farther. Let's assume there are triggers. I don't see them, but they could easily be hidden by his gloves. How do you know the buttons would activate missiles? What if it just activates linked-firing of the cannon, while trigger pulls activate single-firing? As per the old X-Wing games, that would allow for a more powerful shot at the expense of rate-of-fire. Until we see the movie, or at least a trailer that shows the Silencer firing some other sort of weapon, claiming it should have missiles is purely an assumption that is not based on any actual evidence.

4 hours ago, Gibbilo said:

tbf I think all the things shown at the end of trailer were there to deliberately mislead us.

I'm of this opinion too... Actually the very ending of the trailer is too obvious, they just got a sentence from a Rey speaking to Luke and mixed it with a Kylo image to mislead (Failing miserably IMO)... Actually to me it will be a twist of the events if in the end what is suggested there is actually true.

Sorry for not being more clear but I tried to keep it spoiler free.

Edited by Andreu

2 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

The original suggestion (that I called useless) was a tech upgrade that added a missile slot.  The tech slot is way more valuable to a nimble (hopefully) craft like the Silencer than the missile slot.  Also, I'm tired of having all of these upgrade patch jobs that require us to buy more stuff just to use the stuff we already have.  This is especially egregious as an Imperial player, as the fix for the TIE Advanced was $100.

That's funny, my tie advanced fix was $15. You really overspent.