BlodVargarna

The Last Jedi Trailer

237 posts in this topic

On October 10, 2017 at 1:21 AM, LordFajubi said:

At least first impression Kylo does look like a good pilot that said after watching this I am less hyped.

Luke is the last true jedi and he appears to be taking kylo’s role for whiney ****** this movie. I thought fear was a no go for jedi, seriously disappointed on that. 

The scene between Kylo and Rey looks to be a total copy of the Vader/Luke exchange in Empire. Hope I’m wrong on that but they seriously look like they cut right before he proclaims they are blood. Maybe I am just outgrowing Star Wars but this looks like a typical JJ summer special effects money grab. Caution is the only emotion I can feel towards this movie.

I don't think that scene is between Rey and Kylo. It's cut together to make it look like it is, but I'm thinking Rey is talking to Luke, asking for guidance, while the Kylo scene is a flashback to his betrayal of the Jedi order, and he is offering his hand to Luke, or an apprentice we haven't met yet (or possibly a young Rey).

BVRCH and BlodVargarna like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

What, you mean the Decipher CCG?  Yeah it could have concussion missiles in that game.   Did Darth Vader’s TIE even have an official designation before that?  I guess the X-wing sim called them TIE Advanced but they didn’t actually look exactly like Vader’s ship, no big fan tail.  

I’m not as familiar with the first edition of WEG’s RPG as I was with the second, so I don’t know if they designated it as anything other than a ‘TIE Interceptor Prototype’ in the Star Warriors set, and it didn’t have any missiles.

ok nerds, when was Vader’s TIE first called a ‘modified’ Advanced x1 and when did it gain missiles?

No idea.  But it was flyable in multiple Rogue Squadron games.  Where it came equipped with Cluster Missiles.  In fact, I think that was where Cluster Missiles were introduced into Star Wars.

Which is probably why both the TIE Advanced expansion and the Raider come with Cluster Missiles.

Edited by DarthEnderX
Captain Lackwit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

I don't think that scene is between Rey and Kylo. It's cut together to make it look like it is, but I'm thinking Rey is talking to Luke, asking for guidance, while the Kylo scene is a flashback to his betrayal of the Jedi order, and he is offering his hand to Luke, or an apprentice we haven't met yet (or possibly a young Rey).

I think there's a chance that the Kylo Ren in the last scene of the trailer is a vision, like Vader in the Dagobah cave. The reason:

 

In the rest of the trailer, Kylo Ren has some sort of dark grey stripe over his scar, but in that scene, it's bare.

Edited by Freeptop
Tom1132 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freeptop said:

I think there's a chance that the Kylo Ren in the last scene of the trailer is a vision, like Vader in the Dagobah cave. The reason:

  Hide contents

In the rest of the trailer, Kylo Ren has some sort of dark grey stripe over his scar, but in that scene, it's bare.

If you look behind Kylo in that scene you can see fire falling from the sky. I think it's a flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi school. We'll either get a straight-up flashback scene or it will be another force vision triggered for Rey by Luke's lightsaber, maybe with Luke guiding and stabilizing the vision this time so it makes more sense and shows a lot more of what happened. There are two other scenes of that event in the trailer - Luke's mechanical hand reaching out of the debris, and Luke with R2 watching the burning building from a distance. Hopefully whatever vision of the past that Last Jedi gives us, it will also tie into the other scenes from Rey's vision in Force Awakens to give us a more complete history of Kylo's uprising (and quite possibly Rey's lineage as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

If you look behind Kylo in that scene you can see fire falling from the sky. I think it's a flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi school. We'll either get a straight-up flashback scene or it will be another force vision triggered for Rey by Luke's lightsaber, maybe with Luke guiding and stabilizing the vision this time so it makes more sense and shows a lot more of what happened. There are two other scenes of that event in the trailer - Luke's mechanical hand reaching out of the debris, and Luke with R2 watching the burning building from a distance. Hopefully whatever vision of the past that Last Jedi gives us, it will also tie into the other scenes from Rey's vision in Force Awakens to give us a more complete history of Kylo's uprising (and quite possibly Rey's lineage as well).

And maybe expand on the Knights of Ren a little as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

And maybe expand on the Knights of Ren a little as well?

My guess is that they're all dead. We didn't see any sign of them in Force Awakens, and only heard their name once, when Snoke says to Kylo, "even you, the master of the Knights of Ren," in what could easily be interpreted as a mocking tone. Maybe Snoke had no use for any of them and killed them himself, seeing potential only in Kylo. That seems like a dark side/Sith/whatever Snoke is kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

My guess is that they're all dead. We didn't see any sign of them in Force Awakens, and only heard their name once, when Snoke says to Kylo, "even you, the master of the Knights of Ren," in what could easily be interpreted as a mocking tone. Maybe Snoke had no use for any of them and killed them himself, seeing potential only in Kylo. That seems like a dark side/Sith/whatever Snoke is kind of thing.

I think they have like, 3 seconds of screen time, in a flashback and they look like an evil version of Rogue One or a band about to drop an absolutely savage Dark Fantasy Metal album. 

But yes, maybe it was done as a mocking tone. Like Kylo tried to form his own Jedi cult and it failed, miserably.

Tom1132 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:
41 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

 

I think they have like, 3 seconds of screen time, in a flashback and they look like an evil version of Rogue One or a band about to drop an absolutely savage Dark Fantasy Metal album. 

This is why SW needs more musical numbers.  Good ones, not that ‘Jedi Rocks’ crap.  Even if the KoR end up being a Black Sabbath tribute band they would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

I don't think that scene is between Rey and Kylo. It's cut together to make it look like it is, but I'm thinking Rey is talking to Luke, asking for guidance, while the Kylo scene is a flashback to his betrayal of the Jedi order, and he is offering his hand to Luke, or an apprentice we haven't met yet (or possibly a young Rey).

Yes I am also sure its some clever trailer editing, taken from two different places in the film. At first I also though that Kylos scene was from the temple flashback, and maybe it was him saving young Rey, but then i noticed he already has the scar on his face. This is also the only time in the trailer he does not have that "carbon" stuff on his scar. So its either after imposed on his face in the trailer, to hide its from the temple scene or its at least from another time than the rest of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how many Porgs do we think Luke has eaten, then?  He's on a remote island, on a remote planet, with no shops, no restaurants, no way of procuring supplies...

...I'm thinking the frightened Porg with Chewie in the trailer has just seen the Falcon's kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

This is why SW needs more musical numbers.  Good ones, not that ‘Jedi Rocks’ crap.  Even if the KoR end up being a Black Sabbath tribute band they would be awesome.

I can legit see KoR being a metal band. 

In fact, if you listen to Lightbringer from Pentakill (a "fake" metal band formed of characters from League of Legends), it kinda fits what I would expect KoR to sound like. 

Now we just need a Guardians of the Galaxy style scene where Kylo pulls out a cassette tape and plays it just before the epic space battle begins. 

Star Wars is so easy to spoof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

So how many Porgs do we think Luke has eaten, then?  He's on a remote island, on a remote planet, with no shops, no restaurants, no way of procuring supplies...

...I'm thinking the frightened Porg with Chewie in the trailer has just seen the Falcon's kitchen.

Must have been a lot. I think it was revenge for having the Ewoks in Episode VI...

...

...

Episode VIII = Episode III confirmed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Must have been a lot. I think it was revenge for having the Ewoks in Episode VI...

I'm guessing we'll see a campfire scene, like Yoda cooking for Luke, but instead of a pot of soup we see

campfire-rotisserie-chicken.jpg

Celestial Lizards and GrimmyV like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

If you look behind Kylo in that scene you can see fire falling from the sky. I think it's a flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi school. We'll either get a straight-up flashback scene or it will be another force vision triggered for Rey by Luke's lightsaber, maybe with Luke guiding and stabilizing the vision this time so it makes more sense and shows a lot more of what happened. There are two other scenes of that event in the trailer - Luke's mechanical hand reaching out of the debris, and Luke with R2 watching the burning building from a distance. Hopefully whatever vision of the past that Last Jedi gives us, it will also tie into the other scenes from Rey's vision in Force Awakens to give us a more complete history of Kylo's uprising (and quite possibly Rey's lineage as well).

Kylo Ren has the facial scar in that scene, which he didn't get until the end of TFA, so it can't be a straight-up flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi school. The other possibilities are still on the table, though.

LordFajubi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pkreynolds said:

If you look behind Kylo in that scene you can see fire falling from the sky. I think it's a flashback to the destruction of Luke's Jedi school.

But Kylo did not have his scar back then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to the facial scars on kylo.  I believe the really black look is a form of stiches being used immediately after his injury.  The actual "scar" look is later in the movie after the stiches are out and it's healed as well as it can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone post the tv spot where we see the talon roll? 

Glad we’re getting more Poe. Hopefully with Lawson coming back into Star Wars limelight we might even get wedge in ep 9.... I can dream anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now