BlodVargarna

The Last Jedi Trailer

228 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

All those walkers would seem to disagree with you.

Well, the battle was pretty much a given considering previously spoiled stuff. Beyond that though I see little resemblance to ESB, which is more than I could have hoped after TFA.

Ghostrider58 likes this

26 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

I think Chewy's copilot has long floppy ears, my wife thinks he has penguin arms, what do you think?

Because I have to ask the serious questions here.

It's a porg.  How have you not seen them yet?  They've been everywhere in TLJ advertising.  They're basically Star Wars penguins with a rumored connection to the Force.  So, the they're more like penguin flippers than ears or arms.

Rogue_Group1 likes this

21 minutes ago, Warlon said:

I hope Rey turns to the dark side.

That would be so much better than Kylo/totally not Vader turning to the light side.

I’d like them to both turn this film. 

22 minutes ago, Warlon said:

I hope Rey turns to the dark side.

That would be so much better than Kylo/totally not Vader turning to the light side.

where's the dislike? :('

Ccwebb likes this

10 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

where's the dislike? :('

Why would you dislike that? Anything that takes the story in a direction away from the road that has been walked by a million stories before it, is welcome.

Edited by Kdubb

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

FFG dropped the ball on the missile slot on the silencer (which I called earlier).  I've got $10 that the button he was hovering his finger over was to release his munitions.  This means that not only will the omission of the missile slot break lore, but it is an important enough feature of the craft that it was in the ******* trailer.  This might end up being akin to the X-Wing not being able to equip proton torps, depending on whether or not he decides to push that button.

Release a tech slot at a later date that gives said weapon. 

Wrong righted.

1 minute ago, Kdubb said:

Release a tech slot at a later date that gives said weapon. 

Wrong righted.

Releasing a useless upgrade fixes the rush job they did on the Silencer?  Not seeing that work out too well.

It's possible that the Silencer's cards haven't actually been printed yet, so it could still gain a missile slot. Or this is the perfect opportunity for FFG to just bite the bullet and hard errata cards.

At least first impression Kylo does look like a good pilot that said after watching this I am less hyped.

Luke is the last true jedi and he appears to be taking kylo’s role for whiney ****** this movie. I thought fear was a no go for jedi, seriously disappointed on that. 

The scene between Kylo and Rey looks to be a total copy of the Vader/Luke exchange in Empire. Hope I’m wrong on that but they seriously look like they cut right before he proclaims they are blood. Maybe I am just outgrowing Star Wars but this looks like a typical JJ summer special effects money grab. Caution is the only emotion I can feel towards this movie.

Cr0aker, Lobokai and Arma Quattro like this

1 minute ago, LordFajubi said:

The scene between Kylo and Rey looks to be a total copy of the Vader/Luke exchange in Empire. Hope I’m wrong on that but they seriously look like they cut right before he proclaims they are blood.

Maybe, but the twist might be "she says yes!".

Imagine if Luke had agreed to join Vader. We would have had an awesome Imperial civil war between Vader+Luke and the Emperor, with the Rebellion caught in the middle.

Maybe that's what we'll get this time. Kylo and Rey team up as master/apprentice sith lords to take out Snoke, splitting the First Order, with the Resistance wondering WTF just happened.

Lobokai and Arma Quattro like this

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

FFG dropped the ball on the missile slot on the silencer (which I called earlier).  I've got $10 that the button he was hovering his finger over was to release his munitions.  This means that not only will the omission of the missile slot break lore, but it is an important enough feature of the craft that it was in the ******* trailer.  This might end up being akin to the X-Wing not being able to equip proton torps, depending on whether or not he decides to push that button.

You're assuming FFG are working on perfect information when they are directed to make these movie tie-ins. They're not. They would have been told to start work on this thing months before even the first trailer appeared, and I guarantee you they were only told the barest minimum necessary to let them go to work. It literally could have been as simple as, "This is Kylo's new fighter, it's a super TIE Interceptor and he's going to kick *** in it. Go do your thing."

13 minutes ago, BadMotivator said:

It's possible that the Silencer's cards haven't actually been printed yet, so it could still gain a missile slot. Or this is the perfect opportunity for FFG to just bite the bullet and hard errata cards.

It's on the boat...

Rogue_Group1 and PanchoX1 like this

Just now, BadMotivator said:

Maybe, but the twist might be "she says yes!".

Imagine if Luke had agreed to join Vader. We would have had an awesome Imperial civil war between Vader+Luke and the Emperor, with the Rebellion caught in the middle.

Maybe that's what we'll get this time. Kylo and Rey team up as master/apprentice sith lords to take out Snoke, splitting the First Order, with the Resistance wondering WTF just happened.

Leaving Finn and Poe the real heroes. I like the idea but Disney caters to good guys too much. I think the chance is nil.

3 minutes ago, DR4CO said:

You're assuming FFG are working on perfect information when they are directed to make these movie tie-ins. They're not. They would have been told to start work on this thing months before even the first trailer appeared, and I guarantee you they were only told the barest minimum necessary to let them go to work. It literally could have been as simple as, "This is Kylo's new fighter, it's a super TIE Interceptor and he's going to kick *** in it. Go do your thing."

No I am not.  It's very clear that FFG don't know much at all about the movie tie in ships they're designing, which is why I said that designing ships and pilots before you see the source material is a bad idea.  Also, FFG is not owned by Disney, they don't dictate the products that FFG has to make, all they do is approve the products that FFG wants to make.  If FFG wanted to wait 6 months after the film to release the Silencer that would be fine, but they decided that they would sell more if they timed it closer to the film.  Now it makes them look like idiots.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

No I am not.  It's very clear that FFG don't know much at all about the movie tie in ships they're designing, which is why I said that designing ships and pilots before you see the source material is a bad idea.  Also, FFG is not owned by Disney, they don't dictate the products that FFG has to make, all they do is approve the products that FFG wants to make.  If FFG wanted to wait 6 months after the film to release the Silencer that would be fine, but they decided that they would sell more if they timed it closer to the film.  Now it makes them look like idiots.

He’s poised to attack a capital ship, imagine the rage if that’s a bomb release. A canon imperial bomb carrier sans bombs in game. Priceless

Bonza, Q10fanatic and HolySorcerer like this

5 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

He’s poised to attack a capital ship, imagine the rage if that’s a bomb release. A canon imperial bomb carrier sans bombs in game. Priceless

You mean like the Striker?

That would simultaneously fill me with such joy and rage.  Though I'm pretty sure all the source books and ship guides just say that it has missiles on it, which makes more sense for a superiority fighter.

Edited by HolySorcerer
Odanan likes this

Many trailers leave me hyped, but at the same time sated. This one...wow! I just want to find out what happens! There is so much going on here, and I just can't wait to see how the story unfolds. I keep watching the trailer, hoping I'll find out, but nope; it's just the same teases of weighty plot hooks with no connection, and I just want them connected. I want to see this movie right NOW!

Thunderchild and Arma Quattro like this

7 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

You mean like the Striker?

To be fair on screen I never saw those drop any bombs. Nor fly in space for that matter :/ However if Kylo straight bombs that carrier they got some splainin to do.

NotBatman and gamblertuba like this

1 minute ago, Shadow345 said:

If he was tall he would be difficult to fight in lightsaber combat.

No.  I meant why did you think he was a giant to begin with?  Because he had a huge hologram?  Did you assume the Emperor was a giant head because that's how he first appeared in ESB?

Edited by Dr Zoidberg