Sign in to follow this  
Sildric

Fan Made Content

Does anyone know how FFG feels about fan made content? I want to make a campaign I'm working on open to the public when it's done but I'm scared of all the fan made content sites getting taken down at some point in time if they think it's making them lose money. Should I be worried? There are player cards and a campaign.

1 hour ago, Sildric said:

Does anyone know how FFG feels about fan made content? I want to make a campaign I'm working on open to the public when it's done but I'm scared of all the fan made content sites getting taken down at some point in time if they think it's making them lose money. Should I be worried? There are player cards and a campaign.

They've never had any problem with it at all. In fact, one of FFG's main LCG designers got his job after making fan content for the Lord of the Rings LCG. Make away! There's even a repository out there somewhere of all the fan-designed custom scenarios.

I think the only issues would be if you try to sell it instead of giving it away free; and printing them professionally, since the images and card layouts are FFG IP.

33 minutes ago, Sildric said:

Perfect, so they will have a problem if I print them on professional cards for personal use? That's kind of a shame.

It's more that you're using a professional printing company to reproduce copyrighted images. Some people have done it before with fan-made Arkham scenarios, but it's kind of a grey area. The printers themselves might have issue with it. But if you print them just for yourself, I highly doubt anyone would care. IANAL however.

Awesome, thanks! It would be great if FFG offered a service where we could print fan made scenarios or have tools to create them. That way they can control the revenue stream, lol.

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Soakman said:

If only I could find a home where I was wanted too.  <3 

Hang in there brave soul

Edited by Donel