Sign in to follow this  
gamecrawler

Trail of frostgate crystal consequences question

So this question goes out for those who have played the new trails expansion.
At the end of rounds you get negative effects depending on how many crystals you leave on the board.
My group destroyed all the crystals in a round and yet we got this message "The crystals erupt with energy! Place thelave beetle group as indicated"
Do you think it's a mistake? Or do you think it's unrelated to the crystals you can destroy in the game and those crystals only correspond to the "deal 3 damage for each crystal"etc effects?

We reckoned as we had destroyed the crystals they wouldn't be able to "erupt" as that is only meant to happen if you leave at least one crystal on the map at the end of round.

Edited by gamecrawler

I experienced this playing this trial as well. If we're going with playing it as written, then destroying the crystals prevents "some" effects, such as taking damage per crystal, however it doesn't prevent any effects that aren't dependent on the number of crystals (e.g. Spawning random monster groups)

However, it doesn't make sense to me that monsters and other negative consequences occur unabated when all crystals are off the map. This could be a bug in the quest to be honest.

If you want to play assuming it is, just remove any monster groups spawned when all crystals are off the map, and ignore all crystal text. That's what I did.

Edited by Charmy

I'm very sure, that this is a bug, and I would ignore any negative effects and monster spawns that happen, when there are no crystals on the board.

I think this is due to a reduction in the number of crystals spawned in the current version of the trial. I'd guess that the app still uses the old(higher) value, to detect whether all crystals have been destroyed.

This should be an relatively easy thing to fix.