Kzloy

Weapons Catalog

I am getting back into the RPG scene now with my kids, ages 9, 7, and 4.  The 4 year old just wanders in and out as expected.  But the 9 and 7 year old are really into it.  For some weird reason they like Star Wars.  I used to play the old West End RPG a few lives ago, so I thought I would get into EOTE with them.  They soak it up, but they are wanting more visuals, which I can understand.  They love to buy stuff with their hard earned credits as soon as they get them, the 9 year old would buy 20 comm links and as many datapads if I let him, despite the explanation that you only need 1 for yourself and 1 for anyone you are talking to, a reflection of real life I suppose. 

I began creating a catalog of weapons so they would have a visual of what was available, but wanted to make sure that I am not creating something that was already out there.  It seems we have general categories of blasters with a few pictures, but lack the pretty pictures and specific descriptions of different models.  This was something I started today, so it is very rough, but I wanted to get it out there in case someone already did it and I don't have to sit here and do it again.  Thanks for any input.  Prices were gleaned from Star Wars wiki, even though I know that the Core books have set prices for the category.  I wanted to bring in a bit more variation to the specific blaster.  I'm sure there are also inaccuracies in there still, I didn't go over it carefully yet.  The quality on the pics is pretty low to keep it in the file size limit.  Thanks for any input.

I updated the link to include a direct google drive download file with hold-out blasters and light blasters.

https://goo.gl/BXrVDR

Edited by Kzloy

6 hours ago, Genuine said:

I updated the catalog based on a bunch of that info that Genuine had pointed me to, that was a great help.  Thanks again.  As before, this is a work in progress and will need to be quality controlled before I accept it as final.  I added a reference line and left "unknown" for where the weapon wasn't taken from a source book, I may drop it later or just leave it knowing that it wasn't sourced.  Plus I cleaned up a lot of the slop from before.  If you guys have anything else you think should be included, let me know.  I am trying to keep it as brief as possible, pointing to references for detailed descriptions, hoping to get some pretty pictures for the kids to reference quickly while buying things or descriptive help while engaging in combat with bad guys.

26 minutes ago, Paris Teta said:

Mhhhh does it work for anyone else?

"Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1"

Looks like someone has downloaded unless that was you, in which case it didn't work.  

I just uploaded it to a google drive, let me try linking it there and see if it works, plus it will be better resolution.  Let me know if you are able to get it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7huqYGG8pXadFYzNS1PX1RWUkE

1 hour ago, Kainrath said:

I’ve been working on compiling lots of weapons, armor, gear, adversaries, vehicles, etc in the form of cards...

you can check it out here

maybe it can help!

Wow, that is an amazing collection of cards.  With that out there, I'm not sure I need to proceed to try and make my own catalog.  That is pretty much what I was looking for.  Some great work, thanks! 

I use Kainrath's stuff for quickly finding what I need and then being able to grab the right book its in.  However I find that when I want to print any info out that the site is not printer friendly...  Unless Im just a noob and do not know how to print stuff properly lol.  Kzloy your stuff really makes it easy.  It also is organized into category.  Like "Hold Out Blasters" etc.  Which is REALLY helpful.  Id like to see Kainrath and Kzloy's ideas come together to make the ultimate super reference baby!

On 10/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, zsavk said:

I use Kainrath's stuff for quickly finding what I need and then being able to grab the right book its in.  However I find that when I want to print any info out that the site is not printer friendly...  Unless Im just a noob and do not know how to print stuff properly lol.  Kzloy your stuff really makes it easy.  It also is organized into category.  Like "Hold Out Blasters" etc.  Which is REALLY helpful.  Id like to see Kainrath and Kzloy's ideas come together to make the ultimate super reference baby!

I updated the link in the first post to my expanded file.  I have put hold-out blasters and light blaster pistols onto the same file.  I have not gone through the stats with a fine tooth comb for accuracy, so if you see something, let me know and I will update it.  Thanks and enjoy.

https://goo.gl/BXrVDR

Edited by Kzloy