tangoraven

The "leak" negatively impacted the game

This is a gripe.

I'm in a holding pattern for X Wing and was wondering if anyone else felt the same.

The "FAQ leak" indicated potential nerfs to certain builds and indirect boosts to others.

This makes me reluctant to build lists, test builds and practice stuff that may or may not be phased out eventually by a FAQ.

Of course the situation isn't just the leaker's fault. FFG's total lack of response to said leak exacerbated the situation. Even a statement without confirming or denying will be nice.

Building/testing/practicing lists that assumes that the actual FAQ will eventually pan out doesn't work either as even if the leaker was right (and is person of flawless integrity, impeccable judgement and nostradamatic foresight), I have no clue when said FAQ will be released and if it will be altered due to aforesaid leak.

I'm sad to state that my gaming frequency plummeted and I observe that for some others in my local gaming group, that too is happening. We are excited over the new stuff that have been spoiled and probably want to get back into gaming as soon as possible. But we are in a holding pattern.

Gripe over. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

Just kidding, I sort of agree with you. I think the leaked nerf was real and then when it was leaked, FFG was like "That's not even true! We'll show you" and postponed or cancelled the nerf.

Boy I hope not. Being petulant children is the forum’s job, not the game designers. 

54 minutes ago, tangoraven said:

I'm sad to state that my gaming frequency plummeted and I observe that for some others in my local gaming group, that too is happening. We are excited over the new stuff that have been spoiled and probably want to get back into gaming as soon as possible. But we are in a holding pattern.

So there are just two options:
1) The FAQ is coming exactly as it was leaked
2) The next FAQ won't include the leaked info

Either you like the ships that might be nerfed, then keep building and flying them as long as they are still good. Or you don't like them, then you are not affected.

Any way you will not know when the next FAQ drops. Without that knowledge you should not spoil such a (potentially very) long time of gaming.

And if your concerns are for potential meta shifts... with G4H, Wave 12 and Wave 13 we'll probably see several changes in a short time frame. Predicting or even guestimating the meta from what we know seems to be nigh impossible.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

You're overthinking it.

This. until we get the faq, don't worry about the faq.

Ask yourself this, how many of the super competitives used that info on what would be a "safe" list and didn't spend as much time fine tuning strategy on what would have been top of the meta list if it wasn't out?

Tester should have stuck to his nda, all he did was screwed with the playerbases head (which i believe he claimed he was trying to avoid in the 1st place)

53 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

No netlist, no cry.

Play your own stuff. 

Its really good when FAQs "leak", so the competetive meta has got to come up with more experimental lists, because the OP netlists might get nerfed.

This makes absolutely no sense. The whole game is impacted by an FAQ, not just the "netlists". There are other expansions than just the coreset, you know. I recommend you try them.

First off nationals season hasn't finished yet (Aus and NZ still to come, there may be others) so I can understand why they haven't released an FAQ yet. I appreciate what you are saying about the leak messing with people's heads, but like all things, you need to treat a leak as a leak until it's confirmed. 

It may well be real, as we have some evidence of the Advanced Slam change, but until FFG release it officially, it doesn't exist. 

It hasn't stopped the top players from using JM5K's or Mirandaslam, and that goes back to my initial point, FFG don't want to disturb the list you've been practicing all year and that's why it hasn't dropped yet.

Next season will be the time for an FAQ, as we'll have a bunch of new ships to disturb the meta anyway.

nah...the only thing the leak effected was the internet and maybe a couple testers not getting asked to come back.

on the other hand the jumpmaster and miranda have definitely had an effect on the game 

Edited by Boom Owl

3 hours ago, tangoraven said:

This is a gripe.

I'm in a holding pattern for X Wing and was wondering if anyone else felt the same.

The "FAQ leak" indicated potential nerfs to certain builds and indirect boosts to others.

This makes me reluctant to build lists, test builds and practice stuff that may or may not be phased out eventually by a FAQ.

Of course the situation isn't just the leaker's fault. FFG's total lack of response to said leak exacerbated the situation. Even a statement without confirming or denying will be nice.

Building/testing/practicing lists that assumes that the actual FAQ will eventually pan out doesn't work either as even if the leaker was right (and is person of flawless integrity, impeccable judgement and nostradamatic foresight), I have no clue when said FAQ will be released and if it will be altered due to aforesaid leak.

Gripe over. Sorry.

Nope!   OP  Nym and bombs are what have impacted the game.       Our players don't care about the leak at all.    But are we sick of facing auto damage and not being about to play against it with normal lists, the answer is yes.     The game is not fun in the Bomb Meta, others may think it is, but you are in a small majority.         This game is starting to be Phantom pre Nerf again, boring!!!      

Edited by eagletsi111

When I see a possible nerf on the horizon, and I haven't flown the targeted ship/upgrade/combo, I try and get some games in with it - so I can see what all he fuss is about before I lose the chance to do so. 

Pretty sure that the only list that is in actual danger of making a ship less useful after the leak (if true) is the Jumpmaster. You may only want one copy instead of multiples.

Kwing still good, just different good. Even Jumpmaster stays good, just less good in multiples.

Play the game you want to play and don't worry about what may or may not come.

3 hours ago, Schu81 said:

No netlist, no cry.

Play your own stuff. 

Its really good when FAQs "leak", so the competetive meta has got to come up with more experimental lists, because the OP netlists might get nerfed.

Wrong. The leak was bad. Even if true it's acting like a troll bait. Causing arguments and getting noses out of joint. I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't honor the NDA they signed. Heck, even if the poster wasn't the playtester but got the info from a playtester the NDA was still violated.

18 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Sure there is. Just look to the fix/neff/buff threads. There's got to be some petulant game designers in this crowd.

The existence of supply does not prove the existence of demand

;)

Edited by ABXY

I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. The game is in an unbalanced state currently, so a peak behind the curtain to see a possibility of future attempts to bring the game back into balance can actually be a comforting thing. The last FAQ left a bad taste in my mouth, so seeing them actually try to continue to improve things is good in my book.