Sign in to follow this  
ishinken

Your fav Race?

my fav race, followed by 2'nd, 3'rd and 4'th:

1) Elves. The 1 less food at start is painful. But choosing which units to damage is awesome. And each unit has consecutive iniviative (1,2,3,4). The archer/warrior combo is nice. First deal out damage then finish the damaged units with the warriors. Also completely adore the pegasus riders... 2 initiative with quite nice speciality.

2) Humans. One reason, otherwise I hate them  (Too bulky and not very smooth killers. They focus too much on taking down big units and in our games being swarmed by many weak ones is the real threat) the +2 strenght development. It is SO nice to protect your strongholds! Ok, the horsemen which lets you draw strategy cards are also explicitly awesome.

3) Demons. Attacking with 8 berserkers and having 2-3 specials is devestating :S Also fleshrippers having 3 health is a massive pain in the ***!!!

4) Undead... well, the resurrecting is quite fun. But when your poor necromancers die its so annoying to get them back. And the initiative feels so blunt. And their last strongest units feels not as interesting as the others tbh.

I like them all about the same.  I think if I had to rank them, it would be:

1. Uthuk.  Very potent killers, and not too hard to swarm with.  They are also the only race with all 4 unit types.
  2. Daqan.  Solid, strong attackers.  Their biggest weakness is that the Knights take a bit to recruit because you have to have a lot of ore to get them fast.
  3. Undead.  Swarming like nobody's business.  Not very powerful, but they can overrun their opponents the easiest.
  4. Elves.  Not a bad race, very quick, but a lot of their powers seem to be geared at routing/retreating the enemy rather than outright killing them.  To effectively use them, you need a 1-2 punch to take out the retreated units before they can retaliate.

i just got the game a couple days ago, but here are my faves

1 Elves: as stated a couple posts above me, the 1-2 punch is really cool, and i also like the pegasus riders. and my favorites in fantasy books are almost always elves.

2 Undead: my favorite color is purple, and i like the special ability of the Necromancers

3 Uthuk: the Minis look awesome and the flesh rippers are pretty cool ( and is it just me, or do the flesh rippers sort a look like Alien? )

4 Daqan

derros87 said:

3 Uthuk: the Minis look awesome and the flesh rippers are pretty cool ( and is it just me, or do the flesh rippers sort a look like Alien? )

Yea we always say that too, really similar

I'm getting more impressed with elves.

Attacking with 16 archers, creates a crippling initiative-1 attack. The defender will be seriously short of units to shoot back.